another miscommunication (1 Viewer)

yesterday we heard sisu were funding the club but yet today we heard its the bank. why cant they just tell us whats going on? simples

Godiva

When I was young my mother was my bank.
Now my wife is my bank.

Maybe SISU is the clubs bank?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think it is confused communication rather than miscommunication.

Either it is SISU providing the funds direct or they are guaranteeing the additional finance from a bank (there are no assets left to secure a loan). Either way SISU stand to lose if it goes pear shaped

Nonleagueherewecome

The fact that nobody is sure exactly what it means is proof that it is miscommunication! Probably deliberately. Which bank is this? Since when? If he does mean SISU, it's really not funny.

Spagbol

Explain to me how we are still losing 500K a month, when they have trimmed the squad and got rid of a lot of the higher earners and not replaced them?

Explain to me how we could have offered 3 players better wages and lets be honest we were talking 15k a week for MK, and now we have nothing to spend on players...even as is believed for, loan players??

Just don't get it.... We have 10k ish season ticket holders average gate of around 17k, THATS NOT BAD, certainly better than a lot, and yet we don't have a penny to bring our squad up to midtable standard.

I agree with what most have said our first eleven isn't bad at all, and some of the kids are very promising, but if we get a couple of key injuries to Clingan and Juke and considering Turner is still out with Clarke and Deegan...WE WILL STRUGGLE.

Don't get me wrong can't wait till the season starts and looking forward to AT and his brand of footie, and win, draw or lose I'll be there, but I just don't get how we got in this mess??:(:thinking about:

Nonleagueherewecome

I generally agree, but according to tanned Ken today; "there are 23 clubs in this division" with a better budget than ours, and that is because we don't own the ground. Yes, and that's why we thought the original plan was to buy it within a year of securing ownership...:confused:

ajsccfc

Surely referring to 'the bank' means SISU in the same way that when players refer to 'the boss' they're not telling us they're Springsteen fans.

JGazebo

This is one of SISU's better communications. At least we know there is some funding from somewhere.

I have spent most of the last few months expecting admin before the start of the season!!!!

Spagbol

So if the best way forward is to buy the stadium...Do it!!

Lets be honest 10million isn't a lot nowadays in buisness...mind boggling for us mere mortals, but 500k per month over 3years costs 18million...No brainer!

The only way they will make money is to be succesful, challenging for honours and getting into the Prem. So why not just go for it.

A succesful team on the pitch and everything else follows, look at the reading game last season 24k, entertaining from start to finish, fans leaving ground with a smile on their face...It was 0 - 0 for f**ks sake, but I loved it and so did my kids and I bought a season ticket on the back of the last 10 or so games.

They need to strengthen, not daft like Leicester, but steady and sensible like they did the first season or so and then hang on to the best players and not give them away. The SBA will then be back in force and Cov can challenge.

Cardiff arn't a bigger club nor is Birmingham or WBA, but they have been more succesful because they have had a plan and followed it through.

....Exhausted now
:sleep:SISU need to make a decision, they are either in this to make a success of it or they need to get out!! This idea of just ...surviving, will eventually kill our club.

PUSB

Nonleagueherewecome

I can see the responses you'll get to some of the things you say, but I do in general agree. I suppose they won't do it because of the nature of SISU: if the investors say no to spending, that's it. They must have a strategy of some kind, but I'm buggered if I know what it can possibly be..if it's to be the only club in the division that lives by the new Financial Fairplay Rules a year early, and one with zero investment in the sense of "going for it" as you say to any extent whatsoever, on top of the crippling damage done to our budget by not owning the ground...well, we're just screwed.

And welcome..yes mate, that Reading game was one of the best 0-0's I've seen. We murdered 'em 0-0!

TommyAtkins

"I generally agree, but according to tanned Ken today; "there are 23 clubs in this division" with a better budget than ours, and that is because we don't own the ground. Yes, and that's why we thought the original plan was to buy it within a year of securing ownership...:confused:"

Ranson and SISU made it clear: we needed 23,000 fans at home games to break even. Therefore, it was clear right from the start that the club's business model was unsustainable. Buy the stadium?
With what?

Nonleagueherewecome

Jesus mate, just who do you think SISU are? A couple of homeless tramps who hang about drinking beer in the park?? No, they're a bunch of miilionaires. With what? With their oodles of cash, thats with what! Spend, get promoted, reap reward.They supposedly bought the club with the idea of investing money into improving the team and buying the ground, getting up, then selling on. End of story. That they have done neither is unforgivable in the eyes of most fans. That they won't get out and allow someone else to do it now that they've got cold feet on the investment is going to wreck any chance of us getting out of this division-at least in the right direction.

Tell me which part of that you don't get, as even the present board admit that it's hard to get money out of our dragons now. Not that they don't have plenty of it.

ajsccfc

Can you name these people and the exact amount of disposable cash they have that they're apparently keeping to themselves?

Nonleagueherewecome

No, because SISU are about as transparant as a bin-liner! But they obviously exist. That's what these hedge funds are all about-big money people making more dosh, but keeping their identity secret (oh the irony that this is used to criticise Hoffmans backers!.)

Only they don't know football. That and the credit crunch are their reasons/excuses for failure. If they had come in poor with no money to speculate with, why on earth did they bother? How did they expect to succeed? As you seem to love them so much, can you tell me what their strategy was and how it has gone over the past 3 years? I have my own views, but I'd just love to see a coherent justification for their huge change in direction over that time. But I know I won't get it, because there just simply isn't one. They failed.

TommyAtkins

Jesus mate, just who do you think SISU are? A couple of homeless tramps who hang about drinking beer in the park?? No, they're a bunch of miilionaires. With what? With their oodles of cash, thats with what! Spend, get promoted, reap reward.They supposedly bought the club with the idea of investing money into improving the team and buying the ground, getting up, then selling on. End of story. That they have done neither is unforgivable in the eyes of most fans. That they won't get out and allow someone else to do it now that they've got cold feet on the investment is going to wreck any chance of us getting out of this division-at least in the right direction.

Tell me which part of that you don't get, as even the present board admit that it's hard to get money out of our dragons now. Not that they don't have plenty of it.

Ok, so lets ignore your little temper tantrum and be objective.

SISU made their investment, on whatever scale it happened to be. They committed funds into a project but the funds were on a limited scale and it quickly became clear that there investment wasn't sufficient to turn the club around. Note that "investment" rarely means "free gift". In you "invest" in the stock market, you might expect both to hold something with a resale value and also perhaps expect a profit.

SISU's first mistake was to attempt to repair the damage done by Richardson and Robinson because the scale of the damage was beyond repair, with SISU's allocated money. Nevertheless, every single Coventry City fan should remain utterly grateful to SISU for saving the club from administration and almost certain liquidation. We now know that perhaps all they did was postpone the day of reckoning.

There is absolutely no requirement for SISU to commit any more of their own money. It is entirely reasonable for SISU to say it is time for Coventry City Football Club to start paying their own way in the world and that means running the club on a sustainable level. Cutting costs is absolutely the right thing to do to save the club from financial ruin.

And as for selling...when a potential new buyer put forward a realistic offer and stops showboating in the media, perhaps SISU will listen.

Fans expect SISU to throw money at the club when some fans won't even buy a season ticket.

And it's about time for fans to realise that promotion back to the Premiership is unlikely ever to happen. Given the scale of the problem in 2001, that much was clear then and ten years of struggle since then should have convinced fans that we are a small, struggling club, punching above our weight in the Championship.

cloughie

Tommy said 'SISU made their investment, on whatever scale it happened to be. They committed funds into a project but the funds were on a limited scale and it quickly became clear that there investment wasn't sufficient to turn the club around. Note that "investment" rarely means "free gift". In you "invest" in the stock market, you might expect both to hold something with a resale value and also perhaps expect a profit'

.As any person investing in shares and the stock market are always advised Share prices may go up or may go down, that's the nature of the business. So if the value of an investment has gone down why should you expect to walk away with your money back or a profit? Nobody else can expect that, ask millions of people who have seen their pension pot drop massively due to the stock market levels. Basically their investments have dropped in value. Why do SISU think they are any different, they made a bad investment and consequently can expect to lose money like any other investor. It's the name of the game, sisu gambled and lost. Time for to sisu to leave.

Last edited:

Godiva

sisu gambled and lost. Time for to sisu to leave.

Please define 'lost' for me.
Have they lost all or how much do you think they have lost.

And also please explain why they should leave.
Is because you want them to or because you think they will want to leave at this point.

sky blue john

Tommy atkins please explain your comment that we should be eternally gratefull to Sisu for saving us from administration and almost certain liquidation ?

To make a statement like that I take it you work for the muppets or are one of the muppets !!!!!!

1) Firstly if we had gone into admin there was investors queing up to take us on once the debt was wiped.
2) Sisu got us before admin because if it had gone to that stage they would have been out of the running.
3) Sisu don't care about ccfc it was just an investment that went wrong so why should I care about them and be eternally gratefull !
4) Over the last so many years how many clubs who have gone into admin have gone into liquidation and ceased to exist ?

ajsccfc

No, because SISU are about as transparant as a bin-liner! But they obviously exist. That's what these hedge funds are all about-big money people making more dosh, but keeping their identity secret (oh the irony that this is used to criticise Hoffmans backers!.)

As a hedge fund, SISU are essentially an umbrella for several financial sources. If they were to find the investment they're looking for this would fall under SISU as does wherever our current funding comes from. SISU will deal with several millionaires, but that doesn't mean they have anything to do with us whatsoever. We're but one of several pies.

TommyAtkins

Tommy atkins please explain your comment that we should be eternally gratefull to Sisu for saving us from administration and almost certain liquidation ?

To make a statement like that I take it you work for the muppets or are one of the muppets !!!!!!

1) Firstly if we had gone into admin there was investors queing up to take us on once the debt was wiped.
2) Sisu got us before admin because if it had gone to that stage they would have been out of the running.
3) Sisu don't care about ccfc it was just an investment that went wrong so why should I care about them and be eternally gratefull !
4) Over the last so many years how many clubs who have gone into admin have gone into liquidation and ceased to exist ?

Ok, let's start at the top........you must be one of those "muppets" - to use your own words - who see the world in absolutes and in this case, believe it is only possible to either "hate SISU" or "love SISU" when the reality is far more complex. It is entirely possible to be grateful to SISU, as every single Cov fan should be AND also be wary of SISU and disappointed about their actions since the takeover. There is no contradiction there.

There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that there was even a single investor waiting to take on a post-administration Coventry City. In fact, all the evidence indicates that Coventry would have been in a dreadful position after the administrator had finished. It is important to remember that an administrator can decide to wind the club up, even if there is a potential buyer, if the administrator decides the club is not worth preserving.

Ranson and SISU wanted to avoid administration because a Coventry City after administration would not be worth buying: a League One club with no stadium, a shell of a playing squad and with a further reduced fanbase.

Not an attractive opportunity for any buyer.

There seems to be this persistent myth that clubs that go into administration will find a buyer, rebuild, get promoted again and all will be well. What happens to other clubs is entirely irrelevant. Not only that but sooner or later, a club will go under. It has happened to Rushden & Diamonds (and their fans assumed a buyer would step in after administration) and it will happen to a relatively well-known club.

Administration is a risky business and at the time of the takeover, Coventry City Football Club was in a precarious position.

So yes, every single Cov fan should be utterly, utterly grateful to SISU. That doesn't mean you have to like them now and it is entirely possible that all they did was delay the day of reckoning but nevertheless, they saved the club from an uncertain fate

TommyAtkins

Tommy said 'SISU made their investment, on whatever scale it happened to be. They committed funds into a project but the funds were on a limited scale and it quickly became clear that there investment wasn't sufficient to turn the club around. Note that "investment" rarely means "free gift". In you "invest" in the stock market, you might expect both to hold something with a resale value and also perhaps expect a profit'

.As any person investing in shares and the stock market are always advised Share prices may go up or may go down, that's the nature of the business. So if the value of an investment has gone down why should you expect to walk away with your money back or a profit? Nobody else can expect that, ask millions of people who have seen their pension pot drop massively due to the stock market levels. Basically their investments have dropped in value. Why do SISU think they are any different, they made a bad investment and consequently can expect to lose money like any other investor. It's the name of the game, sisu gambled and lost. Time for to sisu to leave.

I didn't say they can expect their money back or a profit.

I said "they might expect to hold something with a resale value and also perhaps a profit"

Therefore, their investment was not a free gift to the club and therefore, they want some something back. It, of course, isn't time for SISU to leave. Not until a credible buyer steps forward. We all hope that Hoffman might be that person.

In the meantime, SISU own the club and therefore, have every right to run it as they see fit. We the fans might not like it but if they are genuinely trying to make the club sustainable, then that is a good thing.

Time for Hoffman to put up or shut up

TommyAtkins

Tommy sounds like some dick from sisu,if you are,do us all a favour and fuck off.

Another mature response with no regards to facts.

It is simple - life is more complex than being a simple dullard who can only believe in "love SISU" or "hate SISU".

If you aren't grateful to SISU for saving the club, then you aren't a Coventry City fan.

Mind how you go :D

valiant15

Im more of a ccfc fan than any of you sisu pieces of shit.Ive been watching them since 1980,thats 31 years of my life.We dont want you here brody so piss off.

valiant15

Why dont walk around the telegraph stand at half time and spout your bile?? You wont cos youre all spineless.Wheres the franchise player?? Just more bullshit.Let a proper buisiness man with money take over,you lot have brought a water pistol to a gunfight.Cut your losses and sod off:jerkit:

valiant15

Yeah im 15 years old:claping hands:Im just passionate about my football club and it makes me so pissed off to see these dicks running it into the ground while some muppets are willing to believe anything this shower come out with.

ajsccfc

You know that Brody's not here though right? He has his own forum that he's not even bothered with yet.

Nonleagueherewecome

Another mature response with no regards to facts.

It is simple - life is more complex than being a simple dullard who can only believe in "love SISU" or "hate SISU".

If you aren't grateful to SISU for saving the club, then you aren't a Coventry City fan.

Mind how you go :D

So how do you explain my season ticket? I certainly am a City fan, and have zero appreciation for SISU whatsoever. As someone who is generally very left-leaning politically and hates the way money has ruined football, to be the first club to be owned by a private equity company is particularly galling. They are not football people, and you'd do very well indeed to find owners who care less than they do about a club.

They did not "save" us as you put it out of any goodness in their hearts; they are scavengers, vultures and parasites looking for a quick buck.

And they didn't "save" us at all! The club with a crap squad, no ground and 30m in debt at the bottom of League 1 is coming to a football stadium near you SOOON!!! They wasted the chance to turn us around. They are to blame for entrenching our position in the mire.

Users who are viewing this thread