another Les Reid article (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

He said: "Sports companies get money from three areas - TV, money from fans, and commercial income.

"Commercial income is being effectively taken over by Wasps.

"There's an analogy with Stockport County Football Club which rented its stadium from Sale Sharks (rugby). Stockport County have dropped to one league below the conference. There is no way up for them.
"This is what I fear for Coventry City. Unless you have a benefactor or you get lucky with a squad of players which I don't think Coventry currently has, there is no way up."

SkyBlue_Bear83

London Wasps Holdings Limited's £22million of reported outstanding loans include to a Maltese parent company and owner Derek Richardson.

The debt is on top of the £13.4million owed to the council by the now Wasps owned Arena Coventry Limited.

Astute

So it should have been sold to SISU where the debt is said to be 60m as the 22m Wasps owe is too much? Maybe this is why SISU didn't want to take on the 14m loan.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Torchy...What is it with you and any bit of shit you can find against CCC or Wasps? I'd take a trip to you local GP if I were you. something seriously wrong with your bitter hatred anything CCC/Wasps.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Torchy....Putting banter aside for a minute, you're heading for a dark place mate, been there done that got the DVD.

torchomatic

torchomatic

I've just posted a link you fool. Nothing more. I post loads of links as do others.

@ Torchy...What is it with you and any bit of shit you can find against CCC or Wasps? I'd take a trip to you local GP if I were you. something seriously wrong with your bitter hatred anything CCC/Wasps.

lapsed_skyblue

Wasps have £22 million + £14.3 million of ACL debt. They have a long term lease on an asset.
CCFC is a subsidiary of a company with £40+ million of debt and no significant assets.
So, if SISU had bought the Ricoh on similar terms as Wasps it would be fairly easy to amend this article with a bit of find and replace editing wouldn't it?

SkyBlue_Bear83

It's not as if he wrote the article is it, he just posted it because it about CCFC and gives a different perspective to the situation. Just because you don't agree with and the article may be unpopular, others it may be of interest to.

torchomatic

Apparently not. Sbk and the gent have an unhealthy obsession.

To be fair to Torch he has only shared a news article... He hasn't actually wrote the story.

skybluetony176

I think LR is applauding the council for selling to wasps instead of the even more in debt ridden CCFC. Strange stance for Les. I really didn't see this coming.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think LR is applauding the council for selling to wasps instead of the even more in debt ridden CCFC. Strange stance for Les. I really didn't see this coming.

Aside from that it also makes some telling points about how the club gets virtually 0 commercial income from the Ricoh and how renting off a rugby club finished off Stockport and how under the current arrangement there is no way up for the club in the opinion of a football finance expert.

torchomatic

Unfortunately for you and your pun, i posted the link so for those two that's all that matters.

Not only gutted my weak attempt at a pub passes without likes, but also mildly surprised nobody's cutting down Mr. Limb's credentials as we speak ;)

Astute

It's not as if he wrote the article is it, he just posted it because it about CCFC and gives a different perspective to the situation. Just because you don't agree with and the article may be unpopular, others it may be of interest to.

It is of interest. But it is as much use as an article would be if it was praising CCC for selling to Wasps.

Sky Blue Kid

I've just posted a link you fool. Nothing more. I post loads of links as do others.
That's right you do Torchy, only it's ALL anti CCC/Wasps links mate. You go out of your way looking for them. Just for "Balance" why don't you go out of your way to find some anti SISU/Otium shit for a change shouldn't be too hard eh? :)

torchomatic

No it's not his usual "style" so obviously gent and sbk slagged me off before even reading it.

Hobo

But owners, the Sisu group of companies, have pledged to keep funding the club for the next 12 months.

Read more: Coventry council Ricoh deal questioned after Wasps reveal £22m debt | Coventry Observer

this is the key bit for me....is that a commitment to a new stadium? Is that why Tony Mowbray has a contract only until the end of the season? Does it explain why as soon as they get an offer of cash on a promising player they cash them in, rather than build for the future?

Astute

But owners, the Sisu group of companies, have pledged to keep funding the club for the next 12 months.

Read more: Coventry council Ricoh deal questioned after Wasps reveal £22m debt | Coventry Observer

this is the key bit for me....is that a commitment to a new stadium? Is that why Tony Mowbray has a contract only until the end of the season? Does it explain why as soon as they get an offer of cash on a promising player they cash them in, rather than build for the future?

The commitment to our club seems to be whilst the ongoing litigation continues. As I have said before I think it might be Mowbray that wants to see a bit of commitment towards the squad for next season before he signs a longer contract.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Torchy....Of course I've read the magnificent Les Reid article. Plenty of Wasps/CCC bashing but fuck all SISU/Otium bashing eh? No mention of the "Missing Millions" as that being suggested by "The Sky Blue Trust" Just for balance eh Torchy!

torchomatic

I think you should look at the other links I've posted.

That's right you do Torchy, only it's ALL anti CCC/Wasps links mate. You go out of your way looking for them. Just for "Balance" why don't you go out of your way to find some anti SISU/Otium shit for a change shouldn't be too hard eh? :)

Astute

@ Torchy....Of course I've read the magnificent Les Reid article. Plenty of Wasps/CCC bashing but fuck all SISU/Otium bashing eh? No mention of the "Missing Millions" as that being suggested by "The Sky Blue Trust" Just for balance eh Torchy!

No need to bash SISU/OTIUM. We all know they are shit :whistle:

Covcraig@bury

this is the key bit for me....is that a commitment to a new stadium? Is that why Tony Mowbray has a contract only until the end of the season? Does it explain why as soon as they get an offer of cash on a promising player they cash them in, rather than build for the future?--------
They are cashing in there assets to recoup invested monies . As there are no other revenue streams to have. It's how they pay off loans/investments. What eels can they do Barr than asset strip what's in front of them !!!!

skybluetony176

Aside from that it also makes some telling points about how the club gets virtually 0 commercial income from the Ricoh and how renting off a rugby club finished off Stockport and how under the current arrangement there is no way up for the club in the opinion of a football finance expert.

Yep. Basically there is no way out of this hole with SISU. Another strange stance from Les I didn't see coming.

Kingokings204

Anything new in this article or have I missed something?

Seems to be as pointless and as fruitless as the other 20 articles from mr Reid I have unfortunately lost time reading.

Hobo

The commitment to our club seems to be whilst the ongoing litigation continues. As I have said before I think it might be Mowbray that wants to see a bit of commitment towards the squad for next season before he signs a longer contract.

It doesn't matter whether it is a lack of commitment by SISU or Tony Mowbray re the contract, that lack of commitment signals the tenuous circumstances around our club and raises doubts about our longevity.

Astute

It doesn't matter whether it is a lack of commitment by SISU or Tony Mowbray re the contract, that lack of commitment signals the tenuous circumstances around our club and raises doubts about our longevity.

Not so sure. They could have kept SP. They didn't. They got Mowbray. He won't be a free signing. They only have to guarantee 12 months at a time. Just like they have done previously.

Ian1779

To be fair the Trust struggle to manage their own accounts with all those pounds they have.... people in glass houses and all that.

Users who are viewing this thread