Another good read (1 Viewer)

AndreasB

you must be the biggest moron on the planet some of us support cov as and when we can we don't all live local.some of us can only get to the odd game because of traveling distance and you say we don't deserve a ticket and were not proper fans DO ONE PLEASE

Cant get to many games but miraculously available for Arsenal eh?

Covlad65

Actually it was 4 in total and not 1 + an extra 4
robbiethemole............The obvious reason for not taking the full allocation is SISU don't want a unified fan base chanting "nasty" things against them on telly,.............................................................................................Absolutely spot on Robbie............As for you Andreasb...They've even s**t on the fans that DO GO to Sixfields..Approx 1k STH's, 200, maybe 300 pay on the gate..These 200/300 have been S**t on from a great height mate. STH's allocated 1 ticket for themself and 4 extra. If all allocated are taken up, when I went to school makes 5k

Monners

My mates lad has been to Sixfields for the first 3 games there and paid cash on the gate. He wasn't issued with ticket stubs, so had to scramble around on Friday to get a ticket. Only managed it as the website cocked up apparently.

I should also get myself down to my nearest ground -bit pointless supporting Cov (check out where I live!) :)

AndreasB

My mates lad has been to Sixfields for the first 3 games there and paid cash on the gate. He wasn't issued with ticket stubs, so had to scramble around on Friday to get a ticket. Only managed it as the website cocked up apparently.

I should also get myself down to my nearest ground -bit pointless supporting Cov (check out where I live!) :)

I hope you were at Carlisle away?

kdrinkell

Don't think there is any conspiracy though. It's not Sherlock for fuck sake. They are just a massive set of thick cunts.
lol

Who else would come up with the brilliant idea of putting Orange Ken on the bench during a game

Monners

I hope you were at Carlisle away?

No mate - not a proper fan! not going to Arenal either.

As usual you fail to comment on the valid point in my post in regard to the ticket stubs/cash on the gate issue for some Sixfield attendees. But you never come on here to talk football and related issues; only to entertain yourself and nurture your superiority complex. Takes all sorts I suppose.

I still desperatley hope that you consider me to one of the better ones on here, as you so elequently put it the other week. :sleep:

AndreasB

No mate - not a proper fan! not going to Arenal either.

As usual you fail to comment on the valid point in my post in regard to the ticket stubs/cash on the gate issue for some Sixfield attendees. But you never come on here to talk football and related issues; only to entertain yourself and nurture your superiority complex. Takes all sorts I suppose.

I still desperatley hope that you consider me to one of the better ones on here, as you so elequently put it the other week. :sleep:

Yeah, you are ok. One of the best of a bad bunch.

jesus-wept

Make no mistake this was a two fingered decision by those controlling our club to make things as difficult as possible to those wishing to go to the Arsenal game. We have proved time and again our fans will travel where ever and would have sold the full 8500 allocation and more besides. Going to London, Manchester, Liverpool etc. for a Friday night game or any weekday game is not that difficult. Football fans have done mid-week games for years. When the factories were in full blast years ago you finished work at 4, got to Pool Meadow, armed with a packed lunch jumped on your designated coach, fought the traffic and invariably got to the venue in time for kick-off, done it dozens of times and in the days when we took 5000+ anywhere and fewer motorways and if you were on the wrong shift you either swopped with someone or didn't go. Yet again those running our club prove to me they don't give a frig for the supporters and never really will

crowsnest

Make no mistake this was a two fingered decision by those controlling our club to make things as difficult as possible to those wishing to go to the Arsenal game. We have proved time and again our fans will travel where ever and would have sold the full 8500 allocation and more besides. Going to London, Manchester, Liverpool etc. for a Friday night game or any weekday game is not that difficult. Football fans have done mid-week games for years. When the factories were in full blast years ago you finished work at 4, got to Pool Meadow, armed with a packed lunch jumped on your designated coach, fought the traffic and invariably got to the venue in time for kick-off, done it dozens of times and in the days when we took 5000+ anywhere and fewer motorways and if you were on the wrong shift you either swopped with someone or didn't go. Yet again those running our club prove to me they don't give a frig for the supporters and never really will

Looks like those running the sky blue trust don't give a frig either.

Jan Mokrzycki, spokesperson for supporters' group Sky Blue Trust, said: "The general reaction seems to be that it is not a very good idea because people are going to have to take time off work and some people might not be able to go."If it had been a Saturday we could have sold about seven or eight thousand [tickets] – on a Friday night we will probably take four or five [thousand]."

asb

...Not everything is a sisu conspiracy, I swear if someone posted in here, sisu shot JFK, the majority would believe it.

Only if SISU denied it, tried to blame ACL for doing it, suggested that Higgs and the Council arranged it. And then refused to explain their whereabouts on the fateful day in Dallas, would 'the majority' believe it. Or suspect that they are not telling the full truth to be more accurate.

Bill Glazier

No fan should feel guilty for going to arsenal away in the cup. Our league performances have been dire for decades. You have to be nearly 60 to remember us finishing in the top 6 of any league for gods sake. The club has long since lost it's right to demand loyalty from anyone.

Sky Blue Kid

@ hill83...Not an estimation at all mate, just misread the article, nothing more sinister than that :)....putting that to one side for a minute...The vast majority of CCFC fans have been s**t on, whether "Pay at the gate" Sixfielders, or non attendees at Sixfield.

hill83

@ hill83...Not an estimation at all mate, just misread the article, nothing more sinister than that :)....putting that to one side for a minute...The vast majority of CCFC fans have been s**t on, whether "Pay at the gate" Sixfielders, or non attendees at Sixfield.

Ha, I guessed that, couldn't resist though.

chiefdave

Did the club not operate a policy of offering the balance of the tickets to people with ticket stubs from cup/away games - ie people who had demonstrated support (whether or not NOPM)

Not quite accurate, the club only sold to those people who had a record of purchasing tickets for those games. Supporters who had purchased tickets either on the gate or from the opposing team did not have that record on their account.

(iv) The Visiting Club shall be responsible for the payment of all tickets asked for and
allotted, unless otherwise agreed between the Clubs in writing with a copy sent to The
Association. All questions in dispute shall immediately be referred to The Association.
(vi) Any tickets not sold by the Visiting Club should be returned to the Home Club with
their statement of tickets sales.

So it would appear under FA rules we would only have to pay for tickets requested AND allocated (ie: sold). Where has it come from that we have to pay for every ticket, sold or unsold, if we took the full allocation?

AndreasB

Make no mistake this was a two fingered decision by those controlling our club to make things as difficult as possible to those wishing to go to the Arsenal game*. We have proved time and again our fans will travel where ever and would have sold the full 8500 allocation and more besides. Going to London, Manchester, Liverpool etc. for a Friday night game or any weekday game is not that difficult. Football fans have done mid-week games for years. When the factories were in full blast years ago you finished work at 4, got to Pool Meadow, armed with a packed lunch jumped on your designated coach, fought the traffic and invariably got to the venue in time for kick-off, done it dozens of times and in the days when we took 5000+ anywhere and fewer motorways and if you were on the wrong shift you either swopped with someone or didn't go. Yet again those running our club prove to me they don't give a frig for the supporters and never really will

*in your opinon

Astute

*in your opinon

And your opinion is that they didn't take the full allocation because some fans moaned about it being on a Friday?

I suppose SISUE are like some on here and only read what they want to. So they read that lots wouldn't go because the game is on a Friday......but didn't read about the protests during the game? :thinking about:

jimmyhillsfanclub

Can't believe folks are still moaning about this game.....

....Anyone on here who actually had the required ticket stubs or attended a previous FA cup game & tried but failed to get tickets.....unlucky...that's the way it goes sometimes...

As for the rest of you.....did you clamour for tickets to Preston or Carlisle or Bradford or Crawley......no...why not? Not glamorous enough for ya?

We're going to get our arses handed to us at the Emirates anyhow....so just shut the fuck up moaning for once & watch it in the pub on the telly!
Its cheap, you're not funding Sisu & you can drink throughout the game!

Besides, If you really fancy a weekday night away game in London, you can all go to Orient a week tomorrow....plenty of tickets available for that game!

robbiethemole

Not quite accurate, the club only sold to those people who had a record of purchasing tickets for those games. Supporters who had purchased tickets either on the gate or from the opposing team did not have that record on their account.

So it would appear under FA rules we would only have to pay for tickets requested AND allocated (ie: sold). Where has it come from that we have to pay for every ticket, sold or unsold, if we took the full allocation?
Pretty sure if any tickets were left unsold, the costs could be written off for tax purposes. No nett cost to the Club at all.

Hobo

Wrong post

Sky Blue Harry H

;);)
Yes, if they cant be arsed to go to other games - the whole point of showing some loyalty to the club in the early rounds is the reward of being guaranteed a ticket for glamour games like this - if there was a bit more of this pressure then we may actually see more people go to other games - and i dont mean sixfields - that should not be used to penalise people.There were plenty more tickets avaialble for Barnsley away, it was a Saturday afternoon and not bad trip . seem to remember a lot of "fuck the cup" sentiments on here pre that game...

Why are you so angry with the majority of people on here - 99% of people on here are City fans - some have different views to each other-such is life. If you acted like this in a pub, you'd get chinned every few minutes - but as you can't be on-line, maybe that's why you take such a hostile stance. I dare you - be nice to people you don't agree with :eek:;)

Sky Blue Harry H

Wrong post

Not been the same since
images

skybluericoh

There was a mixture of fans saying either nopm or they are not going because the game was moved, sisu probably thought they wouldn't sell. I don't get the theory that they don't want 8000 there because of a mass protest on the tv. I'm sure the 5000 can do a decent enough job. Not everything is a sisu conspiracy, I swear if someone posted in here, sisu shot JFK, the majority would believe it.

I knew it the FBI got it wrong, poor John Harvey Osbold,or whatever his name was.

Monners

;);)

Why are you so angry with the majority of people on here - 99% of people on here are City fans - some have different views to each other-such is life. If you acted like this in a pub, you'd get chinned every few minutes - but as you can't be on-line, maybe that's why you take such a hostile stance. I dare you - be nice to people you don't agree with :eek:;)

Share your sentiment there. I offered to meet up before a game for pint as I live local to Sixfields (to talk footy by the way) - no repsonse. Try and have some rational discussion over a number of threads- no response. But enter into his little game of tit for tat charmless "humour", then a differnet story altogether. You'd soon find him in the pub though - likely to be the chap dressed like a trainspotter standing on his own. :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread