Another failure of a season with sisu (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Title says it all. Another year of failure under Sisu again. Staying up on the last day of the season in division 3 is in my opinion a ridiculous state for our club to be in.

Another season wasted following this rubbish under Pressley (saved by Mowbray) and our wonderful owners sisu.

Covstu

Yep not acceptable. They need to tie TM to a long term deal and give him the money to spend to have a proper go at promotion next season or we will find ourselves in the same position if not worse

Moff

Yes it was an unacceptable season, but its over, and glass half full I look forward to next season, as ever, optimistic it will be better.

Colin1883

I'm sure Fisher and co will try and spin it the other way .... A positive season, avoiding relegation by 5 points, progress has been made.... Blah blah blah...

Astute

I blame SP more than anyone else. He was out of his depth. IMHO SISU did back him with the funds that were coming in to our club. Not with their own money but enough to have a top 10 side. I would guess that if they did the same with TM we would be top 6 minimum.

Bob Latchford

And now they've just released the season ticket prices. £11 per adult which is very good.but, surely it's best to see sisu's investment first ? surely people aren't that gullible to buy first now ?

Bill Glazier

We shouldn't be anywhere near clubs like Crawley. I was struck at just how non-league their ground was today. Sisu should realise they have no other option than invest in the team now. A promotion run is the only way they'll ever get any of their money back. Owning the Ricoh is never going to happen for them.

covmark

And now they've just released the season ticket prices. £11 per adult which is very good.but, surely it's best to see sisu's investment first ? surely people aren't that gullible to buy first now ?

It's not really about being gullible. Some fans will follow the team and buy season tickets regardless of the off-field situation and how shit the team is.

Nick

Administrator
Gullible to buy a ticket to support their team?

RFC

It's not really about being gullible. Some fans will follow the team and buy season tickets regardless of the off-field situation and how shit the team is.

Will renew whoever' in charge, support the team and the manager!

Would prefer it to be TM but without season ticket sales (and maybe a little bonus from outside) doesn't matter who owns the club, there's nothing to invest or money to run the club. PUSB!

ccfc92

Will renew whoever' in charge, support the team and the manager!

Would prefer it to be TM but without season ticket sales (and maybe a little bonus from outside) doesn't matter who owns the club, there's nothing to invest or money to run the club. PUSB!

I thought you needed to assess your position before going to the Ricoh?

RFC

I thought you needed to assess your position before going to the Ricoh?

Wish we were elsewhere because it isn't home (just tenants & very limited as to what we can do), only missed one game but that doesn't mean to say I like it or really want to be there.

Looking forward to renewing both my season tickets and getting behind TM & the team, just hope more supporters do the same to help improve the atmosphere.

ccfc92

Gullible to buy a ticket to support their team?

I think it's more:

See what the club/SISU do over the summer, before committing to a season ticket.

If they take the piss out of the fans like they have done this season, then I imagine there won't be many ST sold.

If they back TM, then that's a completely different scenario. This summer is make or break IMO. We basically have a clean slate, we don't need to get rid of players to bring in players, that excuse was exercised several times during this season just gone. They can budget for the Ricoh, not sixfields etc...

Basically, SISU can really push on from here for next season, if they want to....

ccfc92

Wish we were elsewhere because it isn't home (just tenants & very limited as to what we can do), only missed one game but that doesn't mean to say I like it or really want to be there.

Looking forward to renewing both my season tickets and getting behind TM & the team, just hope more supporters do the same to help improve the atmosphere.

Wouldn't expect anything different from yourself :)

Hobo

Not a season to be proud of but it is over.

I am more interested in how our owners respond over the summer. Looking back criticising SISU, Wasps, CCC, Richardson and all the cobwebs from the past changes nothing.

But we need restructuring we need to build momentum over the summer we need to feel as though the club has been revolutionised. We need to believe success is the bar we are going to jump over.

SkyblueBazza

Title says it all. Another year of failure under Sisu again. Staying up on the last day of the season in division 3 is in my opinion a ridiculous state for our club to be in.

Another season wasted following this rubbish under Pressley (saved by Mowbray) and our wonderful owners sisu.
I'm sure our owners will conjure up a plan & thereby reassure us that we will never again be in a position where we need a result (&/or others to go our way) in the last game of the season to stay up.

PUSB

ccfc92

I'm sure our owners will conjure up a plan & thereby reassure us that we will never again be in a position where we need a result (&/or others to go our way) in the last game of the season to stay up.

PUSB

Didn't they say that last season? :confused: or after we dropped into league 1? :confused:

Bob Latchford

Change that to Ostriches if you like.

egastap

Daft as it sounds.....if City had won just 4 more games (and it's not difficult to see how instead of 4 games lost, they had won them) they would be contending for a play-off spot. That's how close this division really was this year. Some might say how crappy the 3rd tier is....a lot of poor teams......2 or 3 teams at the top were in a different class though. Maybe.....just maybe if they'd have got rid of SP at Xmas they still might have been a contender. Let's hope that Melton Mowbray stays........can't help thinking it could be City's year, next year, if he does. If he doesn't.......could be the same or worse next year I'm afraid!

Users who are viewing this thread