Another day out in London tomorrow. (1 Viewer)

Steve.B50

Not sure I can face this but staying over in London tonight and Hotel is paid for already.

Am sure I will be ok after a few drinks later but cannot say I am looking forward to another mauling by a small club. We just have to accept we are crap and our level of football has yet to hit rock bottom.
Will still sing my heart out tomorrow.

pusbccfc

Fair play to you.
Can't make it sadly, but on our dreadful drop over recent years, still taking well over a 1000 is very impressive.
I'd say we have to one of the most loyal fan-bases in the football league.

Covstu

Leyton is an interesting place, nice little ground though! 3 points tomorrow, city 1-0

Moe-Lask

We'll still turn up as there is always that little hope that we might win! Of all the games me and dad looked at when the fixtures came out he wanted this the most as this was his first ever game he went to back in the 60's! You never know, we might do something!

Steve.B50

I have never been to this ground, told we played them in 60s in a cup game but not played them in a league game since 1919.
Its a day out and as always our support will outstanding again, you cannot help but feel that the team do not deserve such great supporters.
All we can do is dream!

skybluegod

going another 2-1 loss with cameron getting the first goal of the game then us sitting back and losing it

sidskyblue1967

Someone fed you some duff gen Steve.B50

We last played them in the League in 1966 a 1-1 Draw

We played them in the FA Cup 3 rd Round in 1973 a 4-1 win

I went to both of these fixtures

Regards

PUSB

SID

The Reverend Skyblue

I went to the game in the early seventies with my old man. i was a very small 10 year old and i remember how crowded it was. We stood opposite the famous stand with the name on it, it was a lovely old style stand and i believe it still is there. I used to love going to the smaller grounds, and as my Dad wad a londoner he would make a long day of it before and afterwards and walk me round some of the famous sites about.

I clearly remember we won but can anyone remember the scorers ?, Ernie Hunt or anyone else!! my memory is shot to bits

The Rev

swanageskyblue

I was also at the cup game there in 1973. A great day out, we had a bit of swagger about us then - long since gone unfortunately! I have little idea who scored our goals, but Brian Alderson's name is lodged somewhere deep in my rather vague memory.

Went back that way last February with my son to collect his first car - crazy traffic, got lost for ages, guy in the garage said parking is impossible on match days. I still love London though, and full marks to the loyal City fans who will be there tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread