Another day, another murder (1 Viewer)

olderskyblue

Wasn’t their a recent stabbing where one of the 2 guys caught lived at petitor crescent?

olderskyblue

Ah, arson, not stabbing.

Nick

Administrator
Police are now saying they will increase stop and search.

Why have they decreased it after last time?

Ring Of Steel

Postcode wars, it seems to be Wood End & Bell Green v all comers. I spent loads of time in & around there growing up, always a bit dodgy alright and full of nutters, but now if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time you're genuinely liable to get a bullet in the head or a knife in your back. People don't care about the consequences- couple of days ago someone got sent down for life- but its apparently not something to worry about because a couple of days later it just happens again. Its scary that there doesn't seem to be any deterrent that can put these people off murdering young kids in the street.

olderskyblue

Postcode wars, it seems to be Wood End & Bell Green v all comers. I spent loads of time in & around there growing up, always a bit dodgy alright and full of nutters, but now if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time you're genuinely liable to get a bullet in the head or a knife in your back. People don't care about the consequences- couple of days ago someone got sent down for life- but its apparently not something to worry about because a couple of days later it just happens again. Its scary that there doesn't seem to be any deterrent that can put these people off murdering young kids in the street.

I lived there the first 24 years of my life. I Don't think i'm a nutter.... :emoji_thinking:

Ring Of Steel

haha- your good self not included in that obviously. But its hard to deny that Wood End has its share of 'interesting' characters.

My grandparents were on Deedmore Road and I spent loads of time around there, have vivid memories of people coming down from the Live & Let Live with microwaves, stereos, washing machines etc trying to sell them

bringbackrattles

I live near where the lad was found. All cordoned off today, nobody allowed to walk through. Hear he was only 15 years old. Obviously shocking but not surprised as gangs of youths walk about here in Bell Green looking for trouble.

shepardo01

Heard that last week 2 Covetry schools had to go into lock-down as "gang members" were on site trying to get to murder witnesses.
Which case could these alleged incidents be related?
Obviously with this new sad incident more of this stuff could happen.....
Scary stuff, scary times.....

OffenhamSkyBlue

I really REALLY do not understand why a copper can't require someone to turn out their pockets at any time, in any situation. Section 60 order? Fuck off!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I worked in the Live and Let Live in the early 70's, lived in Wood End and Henley Green in the 80's and was the Chairman of the Manor Farm Residents Association in the late 80's - early 90's. The worse period being the last part. Stolen cars being driven all over the green area, or rammed down the subway entrance (under Hermes Crescent), cars burnt out after being dumped. The list goes on. So this latest period is nothing new - just far worrying consequences.

bringbackrattles

I worked in the Live and Let Live in the early 70's, lived in Wood End and Henley Green in the 80's and was the Chairman of the Manor Farm Residents Association in the late 80's - early 90's. The worse period being the last part. Stolen cars being driven all over the green area, or rammed down the subway entrance (under Hermes Crescent), cars burnt out after being dumped. The list goes on. So this latest period is nothing new - just far worrying consequences.
I walked past your old flat this afternoon by where the Live and let Live stood. Petitor Crescent not far from there, that's where the lad was found. Police everywhere today, but they'll be gone in a few days.

Saddlebrains

I still feel a lot of it is down to parents. I know they aren't fully to blame, but for example if i was in trouble with the law as a youngster i would have been petrified of my mother backhanding me into next wee k. Not child abuse. Just good old fashioned discipline and respect. Where is that nowadays? A lot of parents believe 'dear old johnny is a good boy don't arrest him'
My lads 10 and in a few years if i see him or hear of him knocking about with gang types i wouldn't think twice to dish out a slap as well as educate him on the rights and wrongs.

Prepared for some abuse for this but its just my thoughts

shmmeee

That’s not how crime works sadly. Needs proper intervention to stop them getting involved in gangs and wanting to carry. No kid is reading sentencing guidelines before stabbing someone.

It’s no coincidence that we cut youth services to the bone and youth crime goes up. It’s not like the knife was invented in 2010.

olderskyblue

haha- your good self not included in that obviously. But its hard to deny that Wood End has its share of 'interesting' characters.

My grandparents were on Deedmore Road and I spent loads of time around there, have vivid memories of people coming down from the Live & Let Live with microwaves, stereos, washing machines etc trying to sell them
We must have met then !! :emoji_sweat_smile:

olderskyblue

I walked past your old flat this afternoon by where the Live and let Live stood. Petitor Crescent not far from there, that's where the lad was found. Police everywhere today, but they'll be gone in a few days.
Where was it cordoned off? I grew up in petitor

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
85 Deedmore Road, BBR. I was burgled about 4 times in a month. I had nothing when I left!

bringbackrattles

85 Deedmore Road, BBR. I was burgled about 4 times in a month. I had nothing when I left!
Opposite that flat is a smart Sports Centre with an all weather pitch, and next door a health centre. And half of Wood End is now private houses, and they're going to build new houses and flats there over the next 2 years. But we still get trouble.

bringbackrattles

Might've been No 75, come to think about it. Can't really remember, it was so long ago and I wasn't there too long!
(My front door, arrowed)
View attachment 14076
View attachment 14077
I walk past there 3 or 4 times a week. My auntie lived round the corner in the 70's.
My son has been working on the site where the White Horse pub used to stand on Broad Park Road. He never knew there was a pub there, I drank in there for years, and the Shire Horse just down the road.
Some crazy nights !

Ring Of Steel

I still feel a lot of it is down to parents. I know they aren't fully to blame, but for example if i was in trouble with the law as a youngster i would have been petrified of my mother backhanding me into next wee k. Not child abuse. Just good old fashioned discipline and respect. Where is that nowadays? A lot of parents believe 'dear old johnny is a good boy don't arrest him'
My lads 10 and in a few years if i see him or hear of him knocking about with gang types i wouldn't think twice to dish out a slap as well as educate him on the rights and wrongs.

Prepared for some abuse for this but its just my thoughts
Parents? Not so much. The fact that these kids live in a country where there is absolutely nothing for them, no opportunities & a bleak future if they ‘play by the rules’, but at the same time they see that money & infamy is right there by getting involved in crime- more to do with it. And the fact that there are no coppers left to do much about it- also more to do with it. Don’t blame the parents when everything else around them virtually directs these kids straight to a life of gangs & ‘the street’. You’re living in the past, it’s a different world- some of these kids can make a hundred grand in a week, no amount of “old fashioned discipline” is gonna stop that. If you want to stop the problem, tackle the root of it and actually fund people to do that, as opposed to a clip round the ear and no pocket money which would be pretty useless.

Last edited:

OffenhamSkyBlue

Police have arrested a teenager on suspicion of murder, and five others on suspicion of assisting an offender. Can't say that they aren't doing their job - provided the judiciary can make the charges stick (and assuming he's guilty).

Nick

Administrator
Parents? Not so much. The fact that these kids live in a country where there is absolutely nothing for them, no opportunities & a bleak future if they ‘play by the rules’, but at the same time they see that money & infamy is right there by getting involved in crime- more to do with it. And the fact that there are no coppers left to do much about it- also more to do with it. Don’t blame the parents when everything else around them virtually directs these kids straight to a life of gangs & ‘the street’. You’re living in the past, it’s a different world- some of these kids can make a hundred grand in a week, no amount of “old fashioned discipline” is gonna stop that. If you want to stop the problem, tackle the root of it and actually fund people to do that, as opposed to a clip round the ear and no pocket money which would be pretty useless.

Bullshit, a lot of the time it is the parents and how the kids are brought up.

There is plenty of options and opportunities for kids if they want to take them, the issue is that people are far more self-entitled nowadays and expect everything given to them on a plate without having to get off their arse.

They want the lifestyle of being a drug dealer or in that sort of environment. When you hear from the parents afterwards they will near enough always give it the "They were an angel" type speech when a lot of the time the violence was to do with drugs, gangs or revenge attacks from one of the first two.

Have a look at the guy from the specials grandson who was stabbed in town, he had previous for holding somebody up with a gun and robbing them but the family didn't think to interject then and get him out of the lifestyle.

I have a daughter, she won't be hanging around with drug dealers and roadmen. I'd do my upmost to stop that from happening even if it killed me, I wouldn't just sit on my arse expecting everybody else to fix it for me and blaming the lack of youth clubs or some shit like that.

Users who are viewing this thread