Andy Turner tells it how it is... (1 Viewer)

The lost fan

Banned
Dec 12, 2011
:claping hands: Not rocket science is it ! Just shows how out of Touch the FA and Si-sue(anybdy that gets in the way) Are !!!

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
I agree that it's a bit dodgy, but the CET are going all out aren't they ;)

How do these awards work? Who votes / nominates?

Is it down to some woman in an office who knows nothing about anything picking at random?

killerkilcline

May 8, 2014
Doesnt sound like a very balanced article. You tend to only hear one side from the telegraph. Where's Les Reid now?

torchomatic

Feb 25, 2008
Warwick
They've swapped him for a Simon Gilbert. Same shit, different name.

Doesnt sound like a very balanced article. You tend to only hear one side from the telegraph. Where's Les Reid now?

torchomatic

Feb 25, 2008
Warwick

ajsccfc

Dec 10, 2008
I didn't peg Andy Turner as old enough to have a 10-year old son.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Aug 7, 2009
Coventry

In hiding with Appleton :D

Has he been officially discharged from the club yet? (Serious question, even if it may be an obvious one to answer if I've missed something)

lordsummerisle

Mar 19, 2011
Birmingham
Still don't understand why the FL are getting so much grief for allowing the club to move out of Coventry though?

Basically you're saying that whatever people charge for the rent, whoever the owners are, ACL, Sisu,Otium, PH1V, that as it's the only suitable ground for League Football in Coventry that you'd have to take it even if it was £10million?

It's why clubs and grounds should always be indivisable.

TurkeyTrot

Nov 12, 2012
I really don't see what the fuss is about, they reached /surpassed a criteria, they're given an award for it. The fact that we play 30 odd miles away isn't part of the criteria. Well done to those Coventry fans that give up their time for free to make the experience as good as it is for the kids despite SISU.

lordsummerisle

Mar 19, 2011
Birmingham
I really don't see what the fuss is about, they reached /surpassed a criteria, they're given an award for it. The fact that we play 30 odd miles away isn't part of the criteria. Well done to those Coventry fans that give up their time for free to make the experience as good as it is for the kids despite SISU.

Nice to win something!

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry
I think it is good that the CET are now writing what the majority of the fans are thinking, just need CWR to follow suit

I would much rather they write the facts to be fair rather than what people "want" to hear.

*I am not saying what they write isn't fact or they don't report them.

Nick

Administrator
Feb 25, 2008
Coventry

Great Post!

Do you know what the criteria was?

I still think the club could have been much better with PR for kids and OAP's.

torchomatic

Feb 25, 2008
Warwick
Now listen here, sonny. That kind of attitude does not sell papers or whip people up into a frenzy.

torchomatic

Feb 25, 2008
Warwick
I think SG is leading the post Led Reid charm offensive.

I would much rather they write the facts to be fair rather than what people "want" to hear.

*I am not saying what they write isn't fact or they don't report them.

Danceswithhorses

Mar 26, 2011
Coventry
Sorry Les, we're not falling for that old trick, you crafty old rascal
Les Reid-the Lord of balance...don't make me laugh lol

Last edited:

killerkilcline

May 8, 2014
but the CET tends just to big up ACL/The Council all the time. I prefer a bit of balance. Becoming a bit Daily Mail ish for my liking.

bigfatronssba

Apr 20, 2013
but the CET tends just to big up ACL/The Council all the time. I prefer a bit of balance. Becoming a bit Daily Mail ish for my liking.

Where in either of those articles were the council or acl even mentioned?

edgy

Mar 21, 2011
Isn't this CET agenda doing a discredit to the hard working members of staff of CCFC?

lewys33

May 1, 2013
Coventry
On 1 hand people need to realise that this is an award for what the CCFC staff have done. On the other people also need to realise this is a total piss take to our situation and just belittles the fact that we have been moved 35 miles away resulting in less "families" turning up than ever. How can the club be awarded for that?

I'll sit this one out I think. Pointless debate when realistically both sides are right.

lewys33

May 1, 2013
Coventry
Isn't this CET agenda doing a discredit to the hard working members of staff of CCFC?

Of course everyone has got an agenda haven't they? This was definitely meant to be a scathing attack on CCFC staff wasn't it! :facepalm:

Samo

Jul 6, 2012

I'm sure the staff have worked hard but the actions of their employers should have meant they could never be anywhere near this award. I agree with Turner on this... Crass in the extreme.

Users who are viewing this thread