Andy Turner article (1 Viewer)

wingy

Oh the "any handshakes and not everyone had hands...." meeting.

You know what I don't understand throughout this whole debacle that ran for what 18 months now.In all those meetings did no one have the common to record them? Even If it was surreptitious .They would'nt have heard the handshakes ,admittedly.

Tonylinc

You know what I don't understand throughout this whole debacle that ran for what 18 months now.In all those meetings did no one have the common to record them? Even If it was surreptitious .They would'nt have heard the handshakes ,admittedly.
Surely there are some minutes somewhere. We just need to find them!

Baginton

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/sport-opinion/sisu-rejected-latest-ricoh-arena-6373747

Good article. Better than the usual Les Reid stuff. Tells Nikki Sinclair how it is.

shite article on something that has no chance of happening, they wouldnt go back even if acl paid them, too many bridges have been burnt, the club will only go back with the freehold in place, that isnt too difificlut to understand is it, why arent people listening ?? and journalists shouldnt be raking over sore wounds getting peoples hopes up.

bigfatronssba

shite article on something that has no chance of happening, they wouldnt go back even if acl paid them, too many bridges have been burnt, the club will only go back with the freehold in place, that isnt too difificlut to understand is it, why arent people listening ?? and journalists shouldnt be raking over sore wounds getting peoples hopes up.

And the council won't sell the freehold at below market value so Led Reids articles are also "shite" as you so eloquently put it.

Why aren't people listening to that? No market value bid, no freehold. Simple as that really.

Nonleagueherewecome

I dunno, one of them coulda said "now gimme skin! Hi five...and to the side!" Sorted.

James Smith

Doing it surreptitiously would be against the law wouldn't it?

italiahorse

Andy Turner's article is good but can I just point something out if this deal was to happen wouldn't it be on a ten year deal as per the rule of the Football League?

No wonder Sisu chose not to accept it :facepalm:

Not really, it would be just like the 3 year deal at Northampton. With the exception it will be free.:facepalm:

Nonleagueherewecome

And the council won't sell the freehold at below market value so Led Reids articles are also "shite" as you so eloquently put it.

Why aren't people listening to that? No market value bid, no freehold. Simple as that really.

What's refreshing about Turner's article is that he exhibits a passion and wit that is missing from Reid's "incisive investigative journalism". He's a football journalist rather than a local politics journalist with a right-wing ideological viewpoint matching SISU's-maybe that helps?

RoboCCFC90

Not really, it would be just like the 3 year deal at Northampton. With the exception it will be free.:facepalm:

It'll be free for the rest of this season not for all 3 seasons.

James Smith

Surely there are some minutes somewhere. We just need to find them!

I'd stake the Galaxy bar of chocolate that I've got as part of my lunch, that ACL would have them all correct for every meeting and "the filing is a mess" on the other side.

James Smith

Correct, but still from a financial point of view it must make more sense to play in Coventry than Sixfields unless: you're trying to keep your NOPM campaign going against ACL,
or you negotiated such a poor deal with Mr Cardoza that the early exit clauses are crippling,
or you don't give a toss about the fans wanting their club back in the city.

rondog1973

Andy Turner's article is good but can I just point something out if this deal was to happen wouldn't it be on a ten year deal as per the rule of the Football League?

No wonder Sisu chose not to accept it :facepalm:
Yeah, I mean, it ain't like they ought to consider what the fans desire is it.....

RoboCCFC90

Correct, but still from a financial point of view it must make more sense to play in Coventry than Sixfields unless: you're trying to keep your NOPM campaign going against ACL,
or you negotiated such a poor deal with Mr Cardoza that the early exit clauses are crippling,
or you don't give a toss about the fans wanting their club back in the city.

I don't think that has ever been in question to be honest.

RoboCCFC90

Yeah, I mean, it ain't like they ought to consider what the fans desire is it.....

Sisu have a greater power to answer to and please in their shareholders more than the fans.

skybluetony176

and the following 2 season still cheaper than sixfields. £ 200K vs £ 375K for the next 21/2 seasons, thats a contribution off £ 175K to FFP before you even start talking about extra gate reciepts and merchandise sales. if thats not proof that sh1tsu dont care about the club further than making sure their carriage to the ricoh doesn't go bump i dont what what is.

Users who are viewing this thread