Andy Thorns Record (1 Viewer)

Kajer

Maybe I have been Sky Blue brainwashed but just had a look at his record with us and he has a 16% win ratio!! He's actualy statistically worse than Steve Kean.

I can't think of any manager with a record so poor yet hes under so little presure. Yes we can blame Sisu for lack of investment but Thorn needs to go for us to move forward

sky blue john

Andy Thorns Record
with that headline I thought he had brought out a single to challenge the xmas no1.
But no another boring sack AT post from a WUM.

kg82

16% an appalling ratio though, isn't it John? I said yesterday, for a long time I've been very sympathetic towards Thorn but 2 wins in 22 games this season is just terrible. In fact, it's 9%. I know he's had to put up with a lot, but I can't help thinking that's a terrible record for anyone, no matter what's happened at a club.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Wum or not I don't think too many fans care as it wouldn't matter who was in.charge. we'd still.be going down!

J

Jack Griffin

They'll still go down whoever is in charge unless SISU bring in about 4 or 5 decent players in Jan & they gel immediately & they stay clear of injury.

That is not going to happen, so I've given up worrying.

ICHAN

Have to agree with sky blue john I'm afraid kajer there are loads of threads on this where everyone is going round in circles now on the subject no offence.;)

Colonel Mustard

It's a testament to how popular this forum has become that there are so many threads on multiple subjects. It's not just Thorn - there's no shortage of regurgitation on SISU and, over the past few days for example, Ken Dulieu. Let trends be trends. Can't just box up those whose views you don't like.

Macca

the latest AT defence..................if you think he's doing a bad job your a WUM.

Come on I still haven't heard a decent defence

Sky Blue Sheepy

Tbf we've not much else to talk about cus we dont get told anything! As for Thorn, a mixture of bad luck and worse management (board and dugout) have us where we are. You telling me a team with Clingan, Keogh, Juke, Wood, Cranie and even McDonald are bottom 3? Imo, no.

16% an appalling ratio though, isn't it John? I said yesterday, for a long time I've been very sympathetic towards Thorn but 2 wins in 22 games this season is just terrible. In fact, it's 9%. I know he's had to put up with a lot, but I can't help thinking that's a terrible record for anyone, no matter what's happened at a club.

I am convinced we have a team of League 1 players though so measuring a win rate in the championship doesn't work for me. It is a terrible record agreed but would this be better in League1?

You simply cannot survive in this league by not changing the squad with fresh players each year, with CCFC not doing this the writing was always on the wall.

As for the so called Thorn apologists......my biggest worry with him is the formation and lack of change, if something's not working then you have to change it not continue and hope it may work out.

Last edited:

kg82

I am convinced we have a team of League 1 players though so measuring a win rate in the championship doesn't work for me. It is a terrible record agreed but would this be better in League1?

You simply cannot survive in this league by not changing the squad with fresh players each year, with CCFC not doing this the writing was always on the wall.

As for the so called Thorn apologists......my biggest worry with him is the formation and lack of change, if something's not working then you have to change it not continue and hope it may work out.

May be true, but Paul Lambert took a Norwich team that got relegated and then lost 7-0 on the opening day of the season to storming league 1 and then promotion to the Prem. There weren't that many changes either, he brought in a couple of players but nothing major. So that was pretty much the nucleus of a team relegated from this division.

stupot07

May be true, but Paul Lambert took a Norwich team that got relegated and then lost 7-0 on the opening day of the season to storming league 1 and then promotion to the Prem. There weren't that many changes either, he brought in a couple of players but nothing major. So that was pretty much the nucleus of a team relegated from this division.

Norwich signed 15 players plus another 4/5 loan players when they got relegated including Holt.....

kg82

Norwich signed 15 players plus another 4/5 loan players when they got relegated including Holt.....

Did they? I knew they got Holt but I thought a lot of their team from relegation were there? Who did they sign then?

kg82

does it matter? its 14 more than we have!!!

Yeah, it matters... He's completely ruining my point
t2309.gif

its not the manager its the squad the board

or so the thorn apologists would have you think

You almost had me, but I am not a 'Thorn apologist' and my opinion is that it is 'not the manager so much as the board or the squad'. Maybe not simplistic enough for this cyclical argument, see you all on the next one.

Last edited:

kg82

You almost had me, but I am not a Thorn apologist and my opinion that it is 'not the manager so much as the board or the squad'. Maybe not simplistic enough for this cyclical argument, see you all on the next one.

I agree that the board and the owners have a lot to answer for... A LOT to answer for. Ruined the club. And Thorn's basically been stuck between a rock and a hard place. But I've been thinking more recently that with the players we have (yes, we have SOME that are decent enough for this league, in my opinion) we should at least be competetive in the league in the sense that we shouldn't be 8 points off safety before Christmas. I'm not talking about play-off competetive or even mid-table, but at least put up a fight to stay in the league.

Users who are viewing this thread