Andy Thorn (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

Yeah, surrendering a 2-0 home lead against an eventually-relegated Bury can't be spun into a positive just because we didn't ship three in the end.

Grendel

Had 4 games including dag and red in the league cup, and was unbeaten in his first (and only) 4 games last season. Not even Robins, who i, like just about everybody, rated, could boast that.

How many games did Caresley lose?

Sba180

2? Swindon and crewe, both at home.
I would hardly say a 6th minute lead away at eventually promoted yeovil was a winning position either. Yes bury was throwing it away ill agree with that

L

longjohnskyblue

Carsley's record is better then Robins by a way! Sadly it's based on a very small sample, but based on % wins, Robins isn't even close (seem to remember Carsley won 3 of 5 hence 60%)

Sba180

theres still 84+ minutes to play, its hardly 2-0 up with 10 mins to go and losing is it?

oh no, its because its a chance to Thorn bash

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Nearly 20% of the points lost from winning positions last season were in Thorn's three games in charge.

What was the percentages of defeats?

During those 270 minutes.

You are a better man than me if you can judge a manager and a relatively new team over 3 undefeated games against what turned out to be two of the better teams in our division.

Brighton Sky Blue

What was the percentages of defeats?

During those 270 minutes.

You are a better man than me if you can judge a manager and a relatively new team over 3 undefeated games against what turned out to be two of the better teams in our division.

We all know the decision was based on a lot more than just three games Don.

Nonleagueherewecome

Nearly 20% of the points lost from winning positions last season were in Thorn's three games in charge.

Amazing the difference that actually hiring a Fitness Coach made, isn't it?

Sba180

This thread wasn't about thorns ability or otherwise as manager anyway, but its turned into just that. Which is why i commented about the flak he takes

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Today i felt it was like having AT back in the dugout.

No changes made when changes were required.

System stayed the same until the enforced change (when Willis replaced)

That said, I never ever seen AT trying to get on Steve Harrison's back after an equaliser ;)

Brighton Sky Blue

Today i felt it was like having AT back in the dugout.

No changes made when changes were required.

System stayed the same until the enforced change (when Willis replaced)

That said, I never ever seen AT trying to get on Steve Harrison's back after an equaliser ;)

Just....eurgh.

Nonleagueherewecome

Or the effect of Thorn's backs to the wall tactics in 9 out of 10 games.

Odd how you remember it that way and I remember it as naivety and not shutting up shop..either way, Fitness Coach made a massive difference, as well as Robins...and DMC.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Honestly who gives a fuck about Thorn anymore? Just going around in circles

Can't we just go back to calling everyone SISU rent boys and ACL lovers?

Nonleagueherewecome

Honestly who gives a fuck about Thorn anymore? Just going around in circles

Can't we just go back to calling everyone SISU rent boys and ACL lovers?

Fisher is a pratt. There we go :D

procdoc

Thorn should have been sacked at least 6 months before he was, he'd already shown how tactically inept he was

Grendel

Says it all that we are still talking about the worst manager in our history and some are still defending him. Now we have to ignore one whole season and the fact his points owe game ratio in the season that counts was worse than Robbins Pressley and Carsley.

Interesting done of his most vehement supporters are also the most pro council and ACL fans.

He will never get another job in football.

A clueless loser. Just move on.

Users who are viewing this thread