Andy Thorn (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes. And in a football coaching role, just so I can't side-step paying up if he's appointed as a traffic warden. Or pie critic for The Telegraph's 'Eating Out' section

Consider it a deal-I'll throw in a pocket dictionary for goodwill. ;)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Robins was working for the FA for most of that year, leading their elite coaching programme. Not exactly out of work. Maybe he wasn't interested in going back to management for that year? Had that occurred?

I didn't claim he wasn't working, just without a club. A statement of fact. No?

Brighton Sky Blue

And by means of reciprocating goodwill, I'll try and brainwash myself into forgetting your claims with regards McGoldrick being a useless waste of a loan move.

Maybe...

I didn't use those words and in the same post wished to be proven wrong. Funny how the details are often overlooked in pursuit of oneupmanship old chap.

dongonzalos

The stats you elude to are from different divisions. It's like comparing sherry trifles with monkey wrenches.

My figures were tongue-in-cheek. However; it's undeniable. Thorn and Saunders were identical in performance last year. In the same division this year, Saunders was superior to Robins.

Which is why Saunders got the Wolves job; and Robins the Huddesfield role.

Mungo would love to meet you for a beer one day

lordsummerisle

You're not taking on board the obvious. You can't judge Thorn on three games this season. It's frankly silly.

Still, you should be happy. Allowing for another caretaker and a permanent appointment, we'll only have had five managers this season. The farce you often crave is there for your entertainment

You can judge him on the whole of last season, when he didn't even manage to average 1 point a game.

Talking of mathematical gymnastics, Saunders and Thorn had a identical record in The Championship last season, however you say that mathematically makes Thorn better than Saunders? (Though of course Saunders pts per game is very slightly better than Thorns, but not really enough to warrant mention).

Thorn of course should have done much better than Saunders as he had a settled side and didn't have to gel a team as Saunders did as he had so many loan players in.

Oh, sorry I forgot, last season Thorn was disadvantaged because he didn't have recourse to loads of loan players, this season of course he was disadvantaged because(like every other club in the division) he had loads of new players who had to gel.

Like trying to nail a jelly to a mast tying down which justification you will use.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Why are we still discussing the fat, unintelligent and talentless prick? He is history.

Your tirade of insults tells me everything I need to know about you.

Being serious, his record last year was as good, or as bad as Saunders. He suffered ill health trying to do a job he was evidently incapable of delivering and that's the epitaph you give him?

You deserve a club heading for its fifth manager of the season; the ridicule and stagnation that goes with it

Mary_Mungo_Midge

You can judge him on the whole of last season, when he didn't even manage to average 1 point a game.

Talking of mathematical gymnastics, Saunders and Thorn had a identical record in The Championship last season, however you say that mathematically makes Thorn better than Saunders? (Though of course Saunders pts per game is very slightly better than Thorns, but not really enough to warrant mention).

I stated equal to. It was right at the start. Try again

dongonzalos

To use three games with a gelling side a silly basis to extrapolate data from. Doncaster stuck with Saunders. He took repayed them by taking them to joint-top before finding a genuinely better club

Come on Mungo.

You know they don't allow us to use the term gelling despite all football experts referring to it.
Also you should just accept that a draw away to Yeovil is unacceptable.
A draw at home to Sheff Utd is unacceptable , even including the goal that was not given by the discriminated against player.
A shit 45 minutes against Bury is enough to be sacked these days.

Mark Robins stand be counted show some loyalty to SISU, you know they will back you through thick and thin.

Last edited:

lordsummerisle

I stated equal to. It was right at the start. Try again

Sorry, you did, however you used that as a basis to work out that Thorn=Saunders> Robins, when the mathematical facts are that(in this League), as you pointed out couldn't compare the two Leagues(though of course did) Robins=Saunders> Thorn.

I know it's good to show your working out, and in this day and age points have to be given for effort, if the final answer is incorrect then the workings out are irrelevant.

Mark Robins Championship win percentage: 31.52

Andy Thorn's 21.67

Mucca Mad Boys

Come on Mungo.

You know they don't allow us to use the term gelling despite all football experts referring to it.
Also you should just accept that a draw away to Yeovil is unacceptable.
A draw at home to Sheff Utd is unacceptable , even including the goal that was not given by the discriminated against player.
A shit 45 minutes against Bury is enough to be sacked these days.

Mark Robins stand be counted show some loyalty to SISU, you know they will back you through thick and thin.

Isn't it normal for managers to get sacked after relegation, or soon after?

Grendel

Mungo would love to meet you for a beer one day

Don't you meet for a drink after your fan club meetings? Got a tip for you. Get Clive platt as a guest speaker next time. Ginnetta will increase your numbers to 5 then.

dongonzalos

Don't you meet for a drink after your fan club meetings? Got a tip for you. Get Clive platt as a guest speaker next time. Ginnetta will increase your numbers to 5 then.

Doesn't he come as a buy one get one free with your favourite manager. :)

lordsummerisle

He's increase it to about 150 usernames(even if still only 5 people) if took Ginetta.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes if the relegation was unexpected.

If it was in line with the hand you are dealt.

You usually get 10-15 games of the next season.

We surrendered 30 points from winning positions-not really the sign of a team hopelessly out of its depth...your loyalty towards this man is incredible.

lordsummerisle

Slanderous, but which one will sue you?

I don't think any of them real, just a spam-bot that has reached some sort of sentience.

Not in a nice way though, a bit like HAL in 2001.

If i start pulling his circuits he'll start singing "Daisy Daisy", and would even make me feel sorry for him.

dongonzalos

We surrendered 30 points from winning positions-not really the sign of a team hopelessly out of its depth...your loyalty towards this man is incredible.

Out of its depth in squad is the term you are looking for. When you are forced to play kids and injured players. You squander leads.

SISU themselves admitted it what more do you need.

WestEndAgro

My mistake, (note to myself, when taking the piss, make sure you spell things correctly)

Users who are viewing this thread