Andy Thorn (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Get Andy Thorn in as caretaker manager, he knows all the players, seeing as he signed or scouted most of them

He has an unrivalled record as a caretaker manager.

The administration will be easier.

He may get DMC back on loan

The look on Gendels face

Priceless :£

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Did you know, Dean Saunders joined Doncaster on September 23rd, 2011. Doncaster - at that point - had 1 point, and City had 5. They went on to get relegated with 36 points, and we managed 40. Therefore, from September 23rd to the end of the season, Thorn and Saunders managed exactly the same points haul.

As such, mathematically: Thorn = Saunders

Doncaster stuck with Saunders into the new season, and when he left on 7th January of this year, the were equal top of the league. With a points per game and win ratio in this league better than Robins had with us.

As such, mathematically: Saunders > Robins

Therefore: (Thorn = Saunders) > Robins.

The truth is in the maths :p

dongonzalos

Did you know, Dean Saunders joined Doncaster on September 23rd, 2011. Doncaster - at that point - had 1 point, and City had 5. They went on to get relegated with 36 points, and we managed 40. Therefore, from September 23rd to the end of the season, Thorn and Saunders managed exactly the same points haul.

Doncaster stuck with Saunders into the new season, and when he left on 7th January of this year, the were equal top of the league. With a points per game and win ratio in this league better than Robins had with us.

Genius ............

torchomatic

skybluesam66

but Ian Dowie took a team to old trafford and won
dowie was sacked for coleman who was sacked for Thorn

so AT > Sir Alex

Warwickhunt

Get Ian Dowie to do the dressing room talk before the Bury game! if you can't get him I'm sure Nasal Nigel will do it!

Sky Blue Kid

MMM...

Saunders was allowed top draw signings though, Diouf for one...............SISU would only allow a packet of crisps, and a wrigleys gum as payment.;)

Grendel

I genuinely want thorn back to the end of the season.

mrtrench

Assume Thorn is better than Robins.

Therefore Thorn has on average a greater win percentage.

Thorn's average over two seasons is 21.67%
Robins' average is 40.16%

So 21.67 > 40.16

Contradiction. Hence the original assumption must be incorrect. So Robins is Better than Thorn.

The secret is indeed in the maths.

Last edited:

Grendel

So 21.67 > 40.16

Contradiction. Hence the original assumption must be incorrect. So Robins is Better than Thorn.

MMM is secretary of the Andy Thorn fan club. Don is chairman and CJ is entertainment officer. It's a small club. NLHWC is a member but now he is no longer here is suing him as his username can now never be achieved.

MMM has an interest mathematical theory. The fan club have tasked him with explaining the formula to the great man. I wish him all the best....

Nonleagueherewecome

You really are a pratt, Gruffy.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

So 21.67 > 40.16

The stats you elude to are from different divisions. It's like comparing sherry trifles with monkey wrenches.

My figures were tongue-in-cheek. However; it's undeniable. Thorn and Saunders were identical in performance last year. In the same division this year, Saunders was superior to Robins.

Which is why Saunders got the Wolves job; and Robins the Huddesfield role.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

MMM is secretary of the Andy Thorn fan club. Don is chairman and CJ is entertainment officer. It's a small club. NLHWC is a member but now he is no longer here is suing him as his username can now never be achieved.

MMM has an interest mathematical theory. The fan club have tasked him with explaining the formula to the great man. I wish him all the best....

I'll go steady on you today Grenduffy as I can see you must be struggling. In SISU's stance on the rent, you advocate abandoning morality as long as it suits your beloved SISU. Now someone's walked away from a contract to the detriment of SISU and on one hand you must feel like castigating them; but can't due to the stance you've previously chosen.

Tricky for you. I understand your dilemma

Grendel

The stats you elude to are from different divisions. It's like comparing sherry trifles with monkey wrenches.

My figures were tongue-in-cheek. However; it's undeniable. Thorn and Saunders were identical in performance last year. In the same division this year, Saunders was superior to Robins.

The strange thing is of course Saunders and robins have elevated themselves. Thorn is well still shall we say in limbo. Why is that? The fan club needs to improve its marketing.

Brighton Sky Blue

The stats you allude to are from different divisions. It's like comparing sherry trifles with monkey wrenches.

I usually refrain from grammar Nazism here MMM but you have got it wrong so often I have to point this out. Loved the Chicken Balti pies when I was at the Oldham game though, nice work.

Brighton Sky Blue

The strange thing is of course Saunders and robins have elevated themselves. Thorn is well still shall we say in limbo. Why is that? The fan club needs to improve its marketing.

Reckon we could have an SBT sweepstake on when Thorn will land his next full time managerial post. The England job doesn't count, just to make things interesting.

lordsummerisle

In the same division this season Robins and Saunders were identical in performance, 1.96 pts a game.

In the same division this season both managers were superior to Thorn by .96 points per game(even you shouldn't need a calculator to work out Thorn's pts average this season).

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Robins was without a club for over a year before joining us, which Thorn hasn't yet surpassed. Kinda makes your point seem futile and aimless. Can you have another go with a point worthy if debate please? Thanks

Brighton Sky Blue

Robins was without a club for over a year before joining us, which Thorn hasn't yet surpassed. Kinda makes your point seem futile and aimless. Can you have another go with a point worthy if debate please? Thanks

This sweepstake idea could be quite profitable.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

In the same division this season Robins and Saunders were identical in performance, 1.96 pts a game.

In the same division this season both managers were superior to Thorn by .96 points per game(even you shouldn't need a calculator to work out Thorn's pts average this season).

To use three games with a gelling side a silly basis to extrapolate data from. Doncaster stuck with Saunders. He took repayed them by taking them to joint-top before finding a genuinely better club

dongonzalos

Just made me nearly spit my John Smiths out that one.

Sat at the in pub watching Utd match.

Like it G man :)

Brighton Sky Blue

Grenduffy wouldn't pay up, claiming that the average bet was above the divisional average wager; and that he wasn't compelled to do so on moral grounds just as long as it was in the best interests if SISU

I am very happy to make the wager with you myself MMM. 6 of your finest croissants up against the foulest, most toxic chemical concoctions I can find in the chemistry department.

lordsummerisle

To use three games with a gelling side a silly basis to extrapolate data from. Doncaster stuck with Saunders. He took repayed them by taking them to joint-top before finding a genuinely better club

Okay then 3 games with a gelling side with 2 managers who had been stuck with from the previous season:

Saunders 2 points a game, Thorn 1 point a game

Thorn falls another 0.04 points behind.

Not that gelling is an excuse, but because the squad was so poor when Robins took over he then had to bring in several additional players which also had to gel.

And did better.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Okay then 3 games with a gelling side with 2 managers who had been stuck with from the previous season:

Saunders 2 points a game, Thorn 1 point a game

Thorn falls another 0.04 points behind.

Not that gelling is an excuse, but because the squad was so poor when Robins took over he then had to bring in several additional players which also had to gel.

And did better.

You're not taking on board the obvious. You can't judge Thorn on three games this season. It's frankly silly.

Still, you should be happy. Allowing for another caretaker and a permanent appointment, we'll only have had five managers this season. The farce you often crave is there for your entertainment

Waldorf

Robins was working for the FA for most of that year, leading their elite coaching programme. Not exactly out of work. Maybe he wasn't interested in going back to management for that year? Had that occurred?

Users who are viewing this thread