Andy Thorn still believes... (1 Viewer)

cheever

..that SISU will deliver and therefore he has his targets lined up.

Does he read what is going on?

Is the situation worse than it was 12 months ago when he was made similar promises?

Andy, if you have any dignity, walk away and show SISU for the bullshitters they are.

There is no money, the embargo will not be lifted in the near future, and you will just get grief next season when we struggle with depleted resources.

Carve out you managerial career at a club where you will get at least some resources to give you a chance.

lordsummerisle

..that SISU will deliver and therefore he has his targets lined up.

Does he read what is going on?

Is the situation worse than it was 12 months ago when he was made similar promises?

Andy, if you have any dignity, walk away and show SISU for the bullshitters they are.

There is no money, the embargo will not be lifted in the near future, and you will just get grief next season when we struggle with depleted resources.

Carve out you managerial career at a club where you will get at least some resources to give you a chance.

To be fair though, it's only a basketcase of a club like ours that would give him a job in the first place.

cheever

Agreed, but either he is the most gullible bloke on the face of the earth, or he just sees it as a job......:thinking about:

Ashdown

You have to be honest if he's building a team around David Bell, McPake and Clive Platt we may as well call it a day. I've defended Thorn but think now that, to quote the man himself 'We need to freshen it up' !!!

Astute

When I know for sure what they are up to I will make my decision. Until then it is a guessing game.

Nick

Administrator
It is a funny turn of events.

He puts up with them, has a little spat after millwall and is suddenly back in love with them?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

It is a funny turn of events.

He puts up with them, has a little spat after millwall and is suddenly back in love with them?

If the devil were to cast his net.... this thread brings together the usual suspects from their lairs.

Where's he said he's in love with them?

Or is he simply preparing for next season like any manager would do?

Nick

Administrator
If the devil were to cast his net.... this thread brings together the usual suspects from their lairs.

Where's he said he's in love with them?

Or is he simply preparing for next season like any manager would do?

Obviously he doesn't say "I love them" but just not mad at them.

He said his biggest mistake was believing them last season but is now saying he believes them so is "appearing" to be hunky dorey again.

We will see I guess.

Grendel

A bit of Don Quixote is a touch high-brow for the average Thorn hater. Can't you rustle a line from the Simpsons?

Hardly. I wouldn't be so patronizing (well I never am). I assume the Simpsons because of the resemblance of Homer to Thorn. No one hates him either.

lordsummerisle

A bit of Don Quixote is a touch high-brow for the average Thorn hater. Can't you rustle a line from the Simpsons?

Not that highbrow, can't say that i've read Cervantes in the original Spanish.

Not a Thorn hater, just don't think he's a very good manager, and never understood the self-defeating Love Thorn/Hate Sisu stance that the majority have on here.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Not a Thorn hater, just don't think he's a very good manager, and never understood the self-defeating Love Thorn/Hate Sisu stance that the majority have on here.

I don't think there is a single Thorn lover. Many times we've been here. There's not a single poster who would subscribe to everything he's said and done.

However, there are times when if you're not prepared to unconditionally berate the man, you're labelled as such if you try and bring in the spectre of considering the wider context. I do genuinely believe, however, that there are some who see no virtue in anything he does. Probably the self-same who chased the previous 14 (including caretakers) out of the club in the last 12 seasons, and then wonder why there's no traction or continuity

Grendel

I don't think there is a single Thorn lover. Many times we've been here. There's not a single poster who would subscribe to everything he's said and done.

However, there are times when if you're not prepared to
unconditionally berate the man, you're labelled as such if you try and bring in the spectre of considering the wider
context. I do genuinely believe, however, that there are some who see no virtue in anything he does. Probably the
self-same who chased the previous 14 (including caretakers) out of the club in the last 12 seasons, and then wonder why there's no traction or continuity

Thorn lover

Nonleagueherewecome

OK I know it's not called the Ricoh Park, but it fits easier with Kwik-E-Mart than Ricoh Arena..and you try finding good rhymes for "arena"!

"Apu: You see, whether igloo, hut, or lean-to, or a geodesic
dome, There's no structure I have been to, which I'd
rather call my home......

When I first arrived, you were all such jerks,
But now I've come to loooooooooooove-
your quirks.

Kenny with his skin so bright,
Len with schemes that must be right,
Onye can philosophise, Tim's adept at spinning lies,
Thorny's a delightful chap, sorry 'bout the embargo crap.
Thorny: Heh heh, that's OK.

Apu: Who needs the Ricoh Park?
Now here comes the tricky part.
Oh, won't you rhyme with me?
Who needs the Ricoh Park?
Fan: Their food is Crappy-Park,
Fan's Child: It made Dad sicky-Park,
Commercial Team: Why not buy a brick-at-the-Park,
Thorny: The Ricoh Park is real... D'oh!

ALL: Who needs the Ricoh Park?
Apu: Not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...[held for next three lines]
ALL: Forget the Ricoh Park,
Goodbye to Ricoh Park,
Apu: Not me!

Apu, seconds later, tearful: Who needs the Ricoh Park....I dooooooooooooooooooo.."

Thorn gets to be a mug in this version instead of Homer as MMM suggested it would be written by an anti-Thorn type, which as you all know, I'm not. I thought I did pretty well considering what I had to work with. :p

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Sky Blue Kid

The one problem that I've got with Andy Thorn is, when all is said and done, it was he himself who brought all these players to the club, and if they're not good enough, then he's the one to blame.:thinking about:

Johnrambo

Andy Thorn is abit like Terry Connor, he cant see any mistakes at the club,even when he cant sign players, the fans wants SISU out and the team was relegated..

VÅGN DOG FORHELVEDE OP ANDY PIS MIG I ØRET THORN!

Nonleagueherewecome

OK I know it's not called the Ricoh Park, but it fits easier with Kwik-E-Mart than Ricoh Arena..and you try finding good rhymes for "arena"!

"Apu: You see, whether igloo, hut, or lean-to, or a geodesic
dome, There's no structure I have been to, which I'd
rather call my home......

When I first arrived, you were all such jerks,
But now I've come to loooooooooooove-
your quirks.

Kenny with his skin so bright,
Len with schemes that must be right,
Onye can philosophise, Tim's adept at spinning lies,
Thorny's a delightful chap, sorry 'bout the embargo crap.
Thorny: Heh heh, that's OK.

Apu: Who needs the Ricoh Park?
Now here comes the tricky part.
Oh, won't you rhyme with me?
Fan: Their food is Crappy-Park,
Fan's Child: It made Dad sicky-Park,
Commercial Team: Why not buy a brick-at-the-Park,
Thorny: The Ricoh Park is real... D'oh!

ALL: Who needs the Ricoh Park?
Apu: Not meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...[held for next three lines]
ALL: Forget the Ricoh Park,
Goodbye to Ricoh Park,
Apu: Not me!

Apu, seconds later, tearful: Who needs the Ricoh Park....I dooooooooooooooooooo.."

Thorn gets to be a mug in this version instead of Homer as MMM suggested it would be written by an anti-Thorn type, which as you all know, I'm not. I thought I did pretty well considering what I had to work with. :p

Aw cmon, not even one like? I thought it was my best ever post! Does nobody know the tune it goes to?!? Maybe try it with the music so it helps with the rhythm? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe4BljAM3JQ

I'm considering approaching SISU to suggest that they sing it at the next meeting with ACL/CCC!

Mary_Mungo_Midge

The one problem that I've got with Andy Thorn is, when all is said and done, it was he himself who brought all these players to the club, and if they're not good enough, then he's the one to blame.:thinking about:

Is not the bigger problem that he wasn't allowed to bring in sufficient players of the right quality to keep us up? We had two loan players for the critical stage in the season when our peers had either signed players on permanent deals, or drafted in 8 loanees like Bristol. Do you think we would have stood a chance if Thorn would have been allowed to also bring in more players of the ilk of Nimely and Norwood?

We were poor before Christmas - that's clear, and a function of Thorn's naivety and fledging tactical nous being bettered by more experienced peers, and with far, far too many youngsters who were clearly not ready. That's a given. But post-Christmas, when we'd 'wised-up', and were putting results together, the one thing that really, and critically cost us at the death was an over-stretched squad. If you really and genuinely want to look at what sent us down, it was the reluctance to invest in the playing squad for the run-in; and therefore - for me - SISU who are ultimately responsible for our fate. To attribute it to Thorn's signings not being 'good enough' is, I believe, short-sighted and over-simplistic in the extreme

Brighton Sky Blue

That's what makes getting relegated bitterly frustrating to accept in the end MMM; had any investment been made in the squad in addition to Nimely and Norwood-and by that I mean say 3 or 4 additions-I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have collapsed at the finish. Bristol were able to draft in ample loanees and boasted much more depth as a result-it lead to us fielding crocks at Ashton Gate where half of their team had been rested on the Saturday.
Very frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread