Andy thorn has been sacked (1 Viewer)

Jackoskyblue

What a joke ! Hope your all happy, what is Shaw going to do ? He hasn't ever been a manager so it's back to square one we can't afford to bring anyone in so it will be Shaw and all these new players what must they think now ? The man they wanted to come and play for has gone ? Disgrace, I've kept coming through all the shit never thought of stopping but the club can feck off if they think there having my money for cup tickets. So if we get Shaw and he draws his first 3 league games does be go ? Logically that's how it works now surely I've had enough, had enough of how this club is run. Laughing stock of league 1 how we've fallen. Saying this I will always fully support the team and manager but I'll need a few games to get over this decision but PUSB and thank you Thorny massive respect for that guy hope he goes back to Cheif Scout

Rant over sorry guys

D

Deleted member 4232

I'm going to Taybarns in Walsgrave in an hour, do you reckon Thorn will be there? :pointlaugh:

Thorn might be fat, but he has dignity and morals. Wouldn't be caught dead in that place. Tell me its a joke that you're heading there.

Nantwich Skyblues

nice bloke.. but i blame the club for putting a guy with no managerial experince in charge of a then championship squad. Thorny could spot a player but as for the tactial side of the game i am afraid he was left very much wanting. He did not have the ability to inspire the team and change things when things were not going to plan. I woluds love someone like McCarthy...mm what about Redknapp ;);):whistle:

Grendel

What a joke ! Hope your all happy, what is Shaw going to do ? He hasn't ever been a manager so it's back to square one we can't afford to bring anyone in so it will be Shaw and all these new players what must they think now ? The man they wanted to come and play for has gone ? Disgrace, I've kept coming through all the shit never thought of stopping but the club can feck off if they think there having my money for cup tickets. So if we get Shaw and he draws his first 3 league games does be go ? Logically that's how it works now surely I've had enough, had enough of how this club is run. Laughing stock of league 1 how we've fallen. Saying this I will always fully support the team and manager but I'll need a few games to get over this decision but PUSB and thank you Thorny massive respect for that guy hope he goes back to Cheif Scout

Rant over sorry guys

He was a disaster - the worst manager we have ever had - what are you on about - massive respect for taking us down to the depths? If Fisher and Waggot were in charge early last year they would have turfed him out last October.

skybluegod

i probably liked thorn the most as a cov fan and normally stand up for him but this was the right decision even i was pissed off at him yesterday.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I'm not going to get embroiled in the same debates that coloured all of last season and close season.

Lest to say that if true - this is a ludicrous decision. Three games into the season?

If he was to be relieved of his duties it should have been close season; allowing any new manager to bring his own team in and have a decent pre-season together.

Yet another example of just how badly run we are. Thank goodness for Pompey, as at least they deflect some attention from the pantomime that our club has become

hill83

Good. Might go tits up, but at least we are trying something new. Should have gone last September. PUSB

MayallMan

I'm just saying why give him a summer to sack him three games in? seems utterly ridiculous, now if he has been sacked the new man inherits Thorn's squad and not his own.

Should of gone after last season.

Totally agree

SlowerThanPlatt

All up to SISU now. They can appoint an unexperienced manager like Shaw or Carsley and then suffer because of it...or appoint an experienced manager and maybe have a decent season.

Grendel

I'm not going to get embroiled in the same debates that coloured all of last season and close season.

Lest to say that if true - this is a ludicrous decision. Three games into the season?

If he was to be relieved of his duties it should have been close season; allowing any new manager to bring his own team in and have a decent pre-season together.

Yet another example of just how badly run we are. Thank goodness for Pompey, as at least they deflect some attention from the pantomime that our club has become

The only pantomime was the clown who appointed the fool in the first place. Fisher and Waggot know its win or bust this season - The only change of division we would get under Thorn is League 2 - superb decision but 12 months too late.

it was the only option, he has been out of his depth from the start. my concern is why do it now? why not in the summer? most of our budget would have gone on thorns 9 or so signings so what happens if the new guys doesnt rate them? maybe that points to the job going to carsley and shaw, the soap opera continues

skybluebeduff

Thorn might be fat, but he has dignity and morals. Wouldn't be caught dead in that place. Tell me its a joke that you're heading there.

:D Man need food, women not cooking, man want food now, women wants food too, man drives women to food, man and women eat food, sorted, couldn't give a fook what it's like I'm staving :p

Mary_Mungo_Midge

The only pantomime was the clown who appointed the fool in the first place. Fisher and Waggot know its win or bust this season - The only change of division we would get under Thorn is League 2 - superb decision but 12 months too late.

Relegation? Now that's a ridiculous assertion, but not one that surprises me, honestly

CovisGod

Don't get it, why let him build a team over the summer, not give them a proper chance to gel and sack him with the team still undefeated, if they were even remotely considering not giving him a chance this season they should have done it at the tail end of last season so the new manager had a chance to build his own team instead of inheriting thorns, really don't get it. I'm not Thorns biggest fan but who the chuff can we get in to do a better job, it's not like Harry Redknapps gonna jump at the chance

Jackoskyblue

He was a disaster - the worst manager we have ever had - what are you on about - massive respect for taking us down to the depths? If Fisher and Waggot were in charge early last year they would have turfed him out last October.

Massive respect as who else was gonna do the job it was the job from hell he didn't have to take the job could have remained as Cheif Scout but he put his reputation on the line for us yes he made mistakes last season, but the players played their part, the board screwed him over, I'm not saying he's the best manager ever to have lived not saying he's amazing just respectful to the man for what he gave to the cause and this season his signings look quality but there's 9 new ones and it's a culture shock bury played like a cup final and it seemed like an away game for us we were outsang by 1000 bury fans, it's going to take us 7/8 games to find our feet in this league.

NINOOVCOV

Hi chaps, have to say "what a shite club we support", we should of got rid at the end of last season, now we are stuck with his shite team.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Grendel

Relegation? Now that's a ridiculous assertion, but not one that surprises me, honestly

No more ridiculous than ever considering promotion was ever a possibility. The best day this club has had for 18 months. Let's see if they are serious though and appoint a real manager not another patsy. I am hopeful.

hill83

I hope we get an actual manager in, but fear we will end up with Shaw and Carsley running the show.

fernandopartridge

Boo hoo. You'd have moaned if he'd been sacked in the summer; "He's not had chance to bring his own players in"

He's brought in his own players in yet the same problems that were common last season are reoccurring, who is the common denominator?

I think the club have done the right thing being decisive, no point in losing even more ground mulling over a decision. He should have gone after the Blackpool away game imo.

beduth

Crazy , after three games , wouldn`t touch the job with the proverbial barge pole .
Would not be surprised if new gaffer came from within club ie Carsley/Shaw .

scroobiustom

IN OTHER NEWS:- Berwick have drawn with Rangers, goes to show if Rangers ever played in England on a regular basis they would be awful

ccfcrob

Just as we though SISU had turned a corner by reinvesting in the team and academy they go a fuck up again by sacking Thorn. Why give him the summer to build the team he wanta onky to sack him after 3 unbeaten games. Now they have gotta find someone who wants this job and when they do they will want to bring in their own players FUCKING DISGRACEFUL

Users who are viewing this thread