Andy Thorn effect has boosted Season Ticket sales (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

3174670-pm151735dj230209thor_1_460_307.jpg

THE Andy Thorn effect has boosted Season Ticket sales for Coventry City.

Since the permanent appointment of Thorn as manager, sales for the 2011/12 campaign are now ahead of where they were at the same point last year with the additional boost of a strong uptake from new Season Ticket holders.

Season Ticket sales are always of key importance to the club as it aids the planning process for the new season.

The club is now expecting a surge in fans snapping up Season Tickets ahead of the May 13 deadline to take advantage of the best prices and to secure the same seat inside the stadium for next season.

Until that date, adult fans can buy a Season Ticket for the 2011/12 campaign at just £286 in the majority of areas of the stadium which works out at under £12.50 per match.

Junior Sky Blues under seven can still get a free Season Ticket in the Family Zone with Junior Sky Blues over the age of seven starting at £92 (£4 per game).

Concessions' Season Tickets are £189 (£8.22 per game) in the majority of the stadium.

Those prices, coupled with the transformation on the pitch which saw the team go unbeaten at the Ricoh Arena under Thorn, are attracting old and new supporters.

Stephen Ebanks, of Coventry City, said: "The appointment of the manager has certainly had a positive impact on Season Ticket sales.
"Anyone who was at the final game of the season against Reading saw the feel-good factor that has been created in the last eight or nine matches in the way the team has been playing.

"The launch of the new kit was also extremely positive and it's now as if the season is finishing too soon.

"We've really seen a strong upturn in sales, which you are bound to get when the deadline for the best prices is approaching but this has been more significant than that.

"The message about the very low price Season Tickets had been extremely well received by supporters when it was first announced and now, with a new manager in place with a plan for next season, fans are beginning to take advantage of that.

"What is really interesting also, is the number of new Season Ticket holders. For many supporters the price per game for a Season Ticket is just too good value not to take up."

For more information or to buy a Season Ticket click HERE, call 0844 873 1883 or visit the CCFC Superstore at the Ricoh Arena or the City Central store in the city centre.

rob9872

Sounds like good news, although the cynic in me still wonders what the actual figure is. If it was a decent number I would have thought they would have included it in the article ...

gouldberg

Any improvement is good in my books. Even if it's just 1 more person than at this stage last season it's a bonus. We've gone from 3 months ago thinking we were free-falling backwards to now where we have better season ticket sales than 12 months ago. I won't complain at a figure not being released.

Will be off to the Ricoh to renew my ticket tomorrow.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think the club is trying very hard to encourage renewal of season tickets and new punters.

I got a phone call from the club asking if we were going to renew and if so would we like a stadium tour before we did. Went and met Frasier from the club who showed us around, was very informative and enthusiastic. My lad was happy to see behind the scenes and to be honest as a supporter it was good to feel wanted by the club. Yes they want my money but this was a good experience in terms of renewing our season tickets

Have been a big critic of things behind the scenes but credit to the club on this one....... and cheers Frasier

and yes we renewed

rob9872

I think the club is trying very hard to encourage renewal of season tickets and new punters.

I got a phone call from the club asking if we were going to renew and if so would we like a stadium tour before we did. Went and met Frasier from the club who showed us around, was very informative and enthusiastic. My lad was happy to see behind the scenes and to be honest as a supporter it was good to feel wanted by the club. Yes they want my money but this was a good experience in terms of renewing our season tickets

Have been a big critic of things behind the scenes but credit to the club on this one....... and cheers Frasier

and yes we renewed

I might wait a bit longer then next season :)

keBaB

All you have to do is say you're considering changing block (say to main stand and they're even more interested) and they'll give you a tour to see what the view is like.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'd buy a season ticket if I could get to use it :(

keBaB

Same here, I live in Norwich and with petrol so expensive it's just not possible. I go when I can afford to though.

Users who are viewing this thread