Andy Rose (1 Viewer)

Oz Howie

Local press reporting this morning that Australian born Coventry City defensive midfielder Andy Rose "has been offered" to A League defending champions Adelaide City. What does that mean?

ccfcway

Ex Coventry boss persuades player to move to Adelaide.....

Every Rose has its Thorn

Last edited:

Pipehitterz

Shame , thought he would be a main man here
Can only imagine he doesn't like uk?

If any City fan flips a lid over him leaving , then we know ccfc moan for moaning reasons, he hasn't done a thing for us yet footballing wise

You don't win anything with kids
Theme of the season then

Skybluefaz

Shame , thought he would be a main man here
Can only imagine he doesn't like uk?

If any City fan flips a lid over him leaving , then we know ccfc moan for moaning reasons, he hasn't done a thing for us yet footballing wise

You don't win anything with kids
Theme of the season then
Apart from volley in a winner off the underside of the bar against Bradford. What a goal that was.

Reactions: Gaz

stevefloyd

Cant say i have been that impressed with him pre season... good engine yes good passer no frees up more money but we are getting very thin on the ground if it is true but no great loss

D

Deleted member 2477

I thought he was good last season and gave us more attacking power from midfield as he was more willing to run at the defence from midfield than fleck.
If this is true then i think there is something massively wrong at the club with the majority of our more experienced players particulary in midfield asking to leave or being sold.

This season will be a joke if we are left with a shell of a team to compete with

harvey098

I like Rose a lot. I think he will be very effective this year if we hang on to him. Good attitude, combatitive and you can guarantee he will always be around whichever box the ball is in.

D

Deleted member 2477

Dont think there is one stve other than cutting the wage bill and keeping thir fingers crossed

D

Deleted member 2477

Didnt we have a couple of posters a few weeks back saying the club was in a financial mess and tm wasnt getting any money.
We all slapped them down at the time but perhaps they were right. I think we can kiss any hope of improving on last season goodby at the moment

theferret

I like Rose a lot. I think he will be very effective this year if we hang on to him. Good attitude, combatitive and you can guarantee he will always be around whichever box the ball is in.

Agree. Expected him to be a big player for us this season. Played well when given a run in the side at the end of last season. I would be more disappointed if we lost him than I was with the Vincelot sale.

Astute

Didnt we have a couple of posters a few weeks back saying the club was in a financial mess and tm wasnt getting any money.
We all slapped them down at the time but perhaps they were right. I think we can kiss any hope of improving on last season goodby at the moment
The clues were there for me. 60% of all income could be reinvested in the squad. But we made more cuts and never saw any of the Maddison cash. They also said what the break even gate was. We kept up with it and beat it most games. Then they said towards the end of the season that their amount was well out.

theferret

That counds like cov never pay a club for a player.....unless its undisclosed

Usually it is the selling club that insist on non-disclosure. I suspect D&R had much more to gain from the Jones sale being undisclosed than CCFC. If the fee they accepted was less than the 300K Charlton offered, then they would have to answer serious questions from their own supporters, so best keep it quiet. It is quite commonplace for transfer fees to be undisclosed in the lower leagues, we're hardly unique in that.

stupot07

Can't see this being true at all. Out of 1000's of clubs in the world, how did we know that Adelaide needed some players?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

higgs

Surely we can't afford to lose another player

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

theferret

Can't see this being true at all. Out of 1000's of clubs in the world, how did we know that Adelaide needed some players?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

May not be true, but if it is being reported in the Australian media, then there is possibly something to it.

ashbyjan

Firstly wouldn't be too fussed if he left - never saw anything special in him, would rather have kept Vincelot but that is water under the bridge. Secondly it says "presented to" but it doesn't say by whom - was it the club or Roses agent trying to get him a move back to Oz. If its his agent is it at Roses request, because he wants to move home or club has told him to find a new club? Its easy to jump to the conclusion that its simply the club offering to sell but in this case I find it a bit harder to believe that we are so desperate to off load him that we are touting him around Oz - would think it may be he has decided to move home. That's if it is at all true to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread