Andy Rose (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I always end up playing Sounders on FIFA if I play online as CCFC as they are judged to be equal. They have Dempsey and Martins up front!!

shmmeee

Central Mid, 25 and played less than 100 games in the States. Scored 10 in 70 odd. That's all I can find.

Nick

Administrator
[video=youtube;rXA22px4_j0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXA22px4_j0[/video]

Anatomy of one of his goals!

SlowerThanPlatt

"Serviceable" seems a bit more appropriate. He did end up being fairly steady as a one-touch pivot at the back of a midfield triangle, but the drop-off in defense from Ozzie to Rose was one of the things that really doomed the Sounders in the post-season. He is what he is, a fairly steady and very fit substitute player. He can wear a number of hats and will give it his best. He’s not going to challenge for starter minutes against a truly capable MLS starter and he seems fairly well-suited for the third tier of English football.

I hope him the best, but also hope the Sounders find someone with a bit lower center of gravity who is more agile in his lateral movements to be the back up at defensive midfield.

This is a genuine post from a Sounders fan. What it means I'm not too sure

Nick

Administrator
We have been lacking a one touch pivot for a while. We really need starter minutes though!

Captain Dart

He's hardly a standout player for the Sounders. Good and solid in central midfield but nothing special.

Backup for Fleck & Vincelot, bloody needed if the plan is to secure promotion.
TM is planning ahead, previous managers tended to be reactive because they hadn't thought it through.

Difference between novice & experienced manager.

Terry Gibson's perm

Backup for Fleck & Vincelot, bloody needed if the plan is to secure promotion.
TM is planning ahead, previous managers tended to be reactive because they hadn't thought it through.

Difference between novice & experienced manager.

What about thomas and finch?

Captain Dart

What about thomas and finch?

Jack Finch (19) & G Thomas (18) too young to be relied upon, hopefully will continue to progress & have great careers.

It appears that TM's gameplan with Rose is bring in a bit of experience to shore up the midfield.

* Unless you meant C Thomas, he hasn't really broken back into the side, but he is one backup used fairly regularly, Rose would likely be used similarly.

Last edited:

Captain Dart

Hey Poole that was my take! http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...news/coventry-city-boss-tony-mowbray-10545652

Tony Mowbray is hunting understudies for the John Fleck- Romain Vincelot double act that has proved crucial to Coventry City’s promotion push.

The Sky Blues boss fears that a long-term injury to either of the holding midfielders in his favoured 4-2-3-1 formation could prove a major handicap.

And this isn't helpful.:thinking about:
A fresh setback for Conor Thomas, who is facing surgery on a hip injury, has prioritised his search for reinforcements and this week Andy Rose, an Australian-born Englishman who has spent the last three years playing in America, arrived at Ryton on trial.

Gazolba

I hear he can score penalties. That is reason enough to sign him up.

Squarks

Quote from my mate (a villa fan) who's been living in Seattle for last year or so when asked about him:

"Industrious, serviceable CM/DM who will slot in, scurry around and do a decent enough job but he'll never set the world alight. Perhaps a good shout to do Grandpa Cole's tracking back and tackling?"

higgs

Is it time to set Thomas free hope I'm wrong but can't really see the lad making it now

Terry Gibson's perm

Quote from my mate (a villa fan) who's been living in Seattle for last year or so when asked about him:

"Industrious, serviceable CM/DM who will slot in, scurry around and do a decent enough job but he'll never set the world alight. Perhaps a good shout to do Grandpa Cole's tracking back and tackling?"

sounds like he would fit in for Villa they could do with some new players.

shmmeee

Is it time to set Thomas free hope I'm wrong but can't really see the lad making it now

He's only a year older than Jacob Murphy. Mowbray rates him from the sounds of it so I can't see him being released, especially when we are light on CM cover.

Besides, he's just gone in for surgery.

J

Jack Griffin

Cover for Vincelot now apparently Connor is recovering from a hip op, I've always been an advocate of a decent defensive CM, a good one makes a team damn hard to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread