Andy Murray - Wimbledon (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Is he going out of Wimbledon? Is a set down and the other fella is coming back quick in the 2nd set.

Brighton Sky Blue

Verdasco playing well but far from error free himself. Murray just gifting points away though, really not good.

Nick

Administrator
See you later Andrew :wave::wave:

He needs to pull something out the bag now.

Macca

Call the paramedics casualty suffering severe choking. Seriously though its a fine line between good and great. For great read Novak who is treating the opposition almost with contempt.

Brighton Sky Blue

Call the paramedics casualty suffering severe choking. Seriously though its a fine line between good and great. For great read Novak who is treating the opposition almost with contempt.

Indeed. 2 breaks down against Berdych and came back to wipe the floor. If Murray gets through which looks highly unlikely then Djokovic won't exactly be concerned.

Evo1883

you have the modern greats
federer , nadal , novac
then you have the v good players who could win a major or 2
murray , roddick etc ,you get the point

hes better than henman but still a bit off the best

Brighton Sky Blue

you have the modern greats
federer , nadal , novac
then you have the v good players who could win a major or 2
murray , roddick etc ,you get the point

hes better than henman but still a bit off the best

Is there any one decent coming through in the British mens' game?

Evo1883

do we have any good sports teams in britain , wales rugby , england football pfft i hear we are looking good for the dominoes world cup in julember

Macca

Without being sexist, but I will anyway. Women in the crowd. Take no interest in sport all year and then wet their knickers at Wimbledon. It's like a fecking loose women audience

Robccfc87

You were saying??!! Tremendous grit and determination even when not on his game. Good luck Andy.

Macca

You were saying??!! Tremendous grit and determination even when not on his game. Good luck Andy.

Yeh FairPlay but don't get excited. Apart from the big hitting that dude had nothing and he nearly had Murray on his arse

Macca

Ok calm the fuck down I said FairPlay to him. Think Novac would and huffed and puffed through 5 sets against that guy ?

rustyredline

Think people underestimating Andy's achievements, he's always getting to the finals of slams and started winning the big finals last year. Not a good performance from him today but Considering Nadal and Federer were beat early rounds I think it's ok to have an off game and still win. Djokovic looking awesome but if Andy can win olympic gold and US open then he has a good chance to beat him again imo.

Johnnythespider

Prefer Wiff Waff meself, the sound of squeeky pump on wooden floor, a proper close up look at the thighs of the girl players. much better than the tennis. One of the teachers used to have a special punishment at school when you had been a " bad boy ", no not that, it was to write a 500 word essay on the inside of a ping pong ball, sadistic bastard.

Covstu

just hope it hasn't taken it out of him too much. You would expect hard games at this stage anyway.

Macca

Maybe. Andy is number 2 in the world, he's not bad is he?

Indeed not, who said he was? He is very good. Is he great? 26 and only one grand slam? Some work to do in his remaining years. I suspect if he wasn't British people could be a bit more subjective

Robccfc87

Indeed not, who said he was? He is very good. Is he great? 26 and only one grand slam? Some work to do in his remaining years. I suspect if he wasn't British people could be a bit more subjective

Tbh I'm a little defensive of Murray as there is a misconception amongst the English that he is a miserable, moody England hater (which I explained in last Wimbledon thread)
I believe he is great, the reason being he is in a golden era and even though he has won only one slam (he will win more) his record in big tournaments is superb and if he had been around in the 90's he would have walked it.
He and Novak will dominate for the next 5 years so I'm sure he will end up going down in history as a great.

Macca

He can go down as being great but he will need a grand slam a year I would say. I enjoy watching him. Saying there are too many other good players around won t cut it. Beating them regularly will entitle him to be called great

SkyBlue_Bear83

Ok calm the feck down I said FairPlay to him. Think Novac would and huffed and puffed through 5 sets against that guy ?

Yes possibly, who would have said Federer and Nadal would go out in the first week of Wimbledon?

Djokovic is better than Murray imo but the point is that these things happen in Sport

Users who are viewing this thread