Andy Morrell being linked (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

Is that because he doesn't play 4-4-1 or whatever the most up-to date modern formation is the flavour of the month at the moment?

I don't know what formation he play sum if he plays 4-4-2 then it adds to my feelings.

He hasn't achieved anything, could be doing well on the foundations Dean Saunders laid, most likely better managers, risky move to recruit from non-league, that's why I'd be against it.

Always determined as a player, would take that determination into management and has a good record at, lets face it, a shit team. Wouldnt mind having him here as he loves the club and would be determined to help the club, and i couldnt see him leaving us for money. Maybe to further his career but not money. He's not that sort of player. And he still plays, so he could be on the bench instead of Ball ;)

coop

Morrell would do for me done a good job at Wrexham and could do a good job here why not give him a go you have to move up the managerial world just ask MR the bull shitter

Sky Blue Kid

Always determined as a player, would take that determination into management and has a good record at, lets face it, a shit team. Wouldnt mind having him here as he loves the club and would be determined to help the club, and i couldnt see him leaving us for money. Maybe to further his career but not money. He's not that sort of player. And he still plays, so he could be on the bench instead of Ball ;)

A shit team that mullered us 4-1 in pre-season, but yes, I'd give him a go at our place, always gave 100% when playing for us.

Mucca Mad Boys

A shit team that mullered us 4-1 in pre-season, but yes, I'd give him a go at our place, always gave 100% when playing for us.

Pre-season is irrelevant really, just a run about.

Man City got beat by Al Hilal and Oldham in pre-season, means fuck all.

Sky Blue Kid

I suppose Oldham beating Liverpool and Bradford beating Villa meant "Fuck All" as well???
It seems to me every game under AT meant "Fuck All" as well...."Oh well it didn't work out for us, but we will change it in the next game"
As for being a "Run about"....That's total bollocks. 8-0 hammering of Hinckley, 5-0 at Brora Rangers...you going to tell me we "Weren't trying"?:facepalm:

kg82

I suppose Oldham beating Liverpool and Bradford beating Villa meant "Fuck All" as well???
It seems to me every game under AT meant "Fuck All" as well...."Oh well it didn't work out for us, but we will change it in the next game"
As for being a "Run about"....That's total bollocks. 8-0 hammering of Hinckley, 5-0 at Brora Rangers...you going to tell me we "Weren't trying"?:facepalm:

Yeah, they mean fuck all. It's not hard to work out is it? Oldham beating Liverpool and Bradford beating Villa were in competitions.

Mucca Mad Boys

I suppose Oldham beating Liverpool and Bradford beating Villa meant "feck All" as well???
It seems to me every game under AT meant "feck All" as well...."Oh well it didn't work out for us, but we will change it in the next game"

Oldham and Bradford won in cup competitions, that actually means something.

Pre-season doesn't mean anything, you have trialists playing and the emphasis with working on systems and fitness, not the result, any professional and most non-professionals know this.

Hinckley was a 2 team game, we had all of our kids playing same with Brora!

Sky Blue Kid

Well I played at a very good level(Semi-pro at Cov Sporting and Scottish div1 and div2) any trialists will run their bollocks off to impress the manager.
Think about it the difference between getting a wage for playing or getting the "Flick" and not playing or getting paid. Most Pre-season friendlies are for "Honing" and putting finishing touches to set plays, corners, free kicks etc. I never played in a "Pre-season friendly" without giving everything, and neither did any of the guys that I had the honour to play alongside.
As for having our kids playing...We didn't have much choice in the matter did we?
So, as for "Not counting" you obviously know nothing. Winning and knowing you did a good job out on the park, meant everything to us.:facepalm:

kg82

So pre season friendlies count towards something? Please tell me what because I haven't seen this.

Sky Blue Kid

A little afterthought.....Tell that to my dear old friend Charlie Sorbie who went from Cov Sporting to Luton Town , when they were still a top team in the football league. He'd have chewed your balls off just for hinting that pre-season friendlies "Didn't count"

kg82

A little afterthought.....Tell that to my dear old friend Charlie Sorbie who went from Cov Sporting to Luton Town , when they were still a top team in the football league. He'd have chewed your balls off just for hinting that pre-season friendlies "Didn't count"

FFS, that's not an answer?! They don't count for anything! They're for fitness, honing game plans, tactics, set piece routines... you even said this. There's no competition there, there's no trophy at the end. Therefore, count for nothing!

Sky Blue Kid

It counts towards something that Andy Thorn didn't have a clue about. It gave us pride and self esteem, and that.....(Wait for it)"Winning mentality that some of you lot keep harping on about. Or am I imagining that? That is something Robins instilled in the team..Remember!!....We're 2-0 down, but don't worry, we've still got 5 mins to go....We'll still win.....aaaannnddddd WE DID.
Imagine what would have happened if Robins was in charge during last summer!!!....Players would have been fit, Set plays worked out,(One for you SBTaylor)FORMATIONS(Plural) all worked out and ready to go. We could have been top of the league and winning it by a mile if that had happened.
That enough for you kg82?

kg82

Did I argue that? That's bad management, not controlling the team correctly. It's nothing to do with pre-season friendlies counting for anything. But don't let your friend hear me say that.

Sky Blue Kid

What part of "Instilling a winning mentality" don't you understand m8.....and there was I thinking you were quite a clever person??? seems I was wrong!
BTW....My "Friend" was a fucking top Pro player pal. Don't diss something you know fuck all about!:facepalm:

kg82

I give up. Bad management. But we've also gone through pre-season fairly recently unbeaten. There was no winning mentality there! Also, no trophies at the end. For shame.

Sky Blue Kid

Whatever pal....It's atitudes like yours being the reason we're where we are. Pro's today have got it way too easy, most turn up for the money and give the minimum back on the field hence we now play in L1. I played against Tranmere in the FA Cup and stuffed them 2-0 at HR in front of 25k+....Something todays Sky Blues couldn't do earlier this season. That was when we played in the "West Midlands League" Approx 7-8 divisions below Tranmere.
We were ALL fit before Friendlies took place. FFS if we turned up at pre season training looking like Fatwood, and Fleck we would have been sacked.:facepalm:

Mucca Mad Boys

They don't though, what significance do they have?

Fitness is different To 'match fitness', I was shattered playing my 1st game in ages in rugby, but in that period I was at the gym and I was arguably, fitter, no, I was, but when I played, my new levels 'fitness' wasn't used to the maximal and explosive strength needed in the contact area and in the scrums.

In fairness, I do play 80 minutes nowadays, I used to play 35m at Colts level, but I play 2nd team now.

kg82

Whatever pal....It's atitudes like yours being the reason we're where we are. Pro's today have got it way too easy, most turn up for the money and give the minimum back on the field hence we now play in L1. I played against Tranmere in the FA Cup and stuffed them 2-0 at HR in front of 25k+....Something todays Sky Blues couldn't do earlier this season. That was when we played in the "West Midlands League" Approx 7-8 divisions below Tranmere.
We were ALL fit before Friendlies took place. FFS if we turned up at pre season training looking like Fatwood, and Fleck we would have been sacked.:facepalm:

What are you reading?! I never said pre-season friendlies aren't important. I said they don't count. They DON'T count towards anything - that is a fact.

And lovely, attitudes like mine (God knows how my attitude is the reason for where we are)!! What, because you're finding it hard to understand what I'm saying?! I'd go out and play in a pre-season friendly and give my all - it doesn't mean the outcome of that game counts for anything!!

Sorry, who is "we" that played in the West Midlands League?

Sky Blue Kid

(God knows how my attitude is the reason for where we are)!!....It's called couldn't give a fuck as long as I get paid atitude
The "WE" was Coventry Sporting Club.....Anything else you'd like to know?

kg82

(God knows how my attitude is the reason for where we are)!!....It's called couldn't give a fuck as long as I get paid atitude
The "WE" was Coventry Sporting Club.....Anything else you'd like to know?

Haha! Well, I'm volunteering in Africa in the summer - I'll have to renegotiate my contract!!

Good for you!!

Sky Blue Kid

SBTaylor..They don't though, what significance do they have?

It's a mental thing. You get a winning mentality, and suddenly, nobody can beat you.
Look back at a lot of posts on here and the CET. Supporters weren't worried in the slightest at going behind in matches, because we all thought "No problem we'll score 2 or 3 or 4 Take the PNE game at the Ricoh, 90 mins on the clock, 2-1 down, yet we still knew we could win. What happened next is history......and as I said in an earlier post....If we had turned up to pre-season training looking like Fatwood, or Fleck...We would have been sacked....No questions asked...end of!

Users who are viewing this thread