ANDY CARROLL - Out of his Depth !!! (1 Viewer)

I don't like slagging players off as a rule but perleeeezzze can someone explain to me the contribution Andy Carroll has made to Liverpool this season.

Just watched yet another totally inept performance against Everton tonight from a guy that cost £35M yes ...£35,000,000, scoring an abysmal 5 league goals from 32 games since signing for Liverpool.

If ever there was a panic buy from King Kenny this was it - he cannot keep up with play, headers bouncing all over the place from a 50 pence head, missing open goals AND worse of all keeping far superior players like Kuyt and Bellamy on the bench thus weakening the team effort.

I'd rather have our 6' 4" Plattini any day than that great lummox.

Apart from poor old Andy, Kenny's other panic buys have not exactly been shining either ie Adam, Henderson and Downing, proving going British has back fired spectacularly for the Kop Legend.

So, money doesn't always guarantee automatic success, glaringly obvious at Liverpool FC don't you think ???

PUSB

junglej13

The delusional scousers would have you believe 'King Kenny' has them on the verge of winning the league again! His signings have been awful and they could realistically end up 8th or 9th this year. If Hodgson had done the same he would have been strung up!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
As a closet Liverpool fan, I have to agree with you JR. :(
Carrol has been absolute shite since joining. God, I'd have to admit that even Craig Bellend has been better!

Blinxs

My Liverpool fan mate has always defended Carroll saying Liverpool are not playing the right type of football to suit his style of play but then i wonder why did 'King Kenny' buy him in the first place and surely if he is worth £35m then he should be able to play to any type of football!!!!!!

Marty

They have wasted so much money, Henderson, Downing both 20mill, Carroll 35mill. Talk about throwing money down the drain. The only half decent buy was Suarez at 25mill (if i remember correctly) and even he looks out of his dept against the bigger clubs, I couldn't care less as i hate Liverpool and everyone associated with them. They have such a pity/self loathe culture at that club.

junglej13

I used to quite like them when I was young but have lived in Liverpool 10 years and grown to despise them because of their 'wonderful supporters' you constantly have to hear about. I know numerous people who have their season tickets but only actually go to the big games.

rob9872

Young guy, huge pressure. Will probably still come good next season. He doesn't suddenly become poor over night. Some playes (ala Mifsud) get worked out over time and dry up. Carrolls game is not about sharp movement or great pace he is a strong powerhouse good in the air and link up, that won't go and I think he just needs time to settle as many players often do (Henry at Arsenal for example).

Macca

Young guy, huge pressure. Will probably still come good next season. He doesn't suddenly become poor over night. Some playes (ala Mifsud) get worked out over time and dry up. Carrolls game is not about sharp movement or great pace he is a strong powerhouse good in the air and link up, that won't go and I think he just needs time to settle as many players often do (Henry at Arsenal for example).

and get a haircut

Real

Carroll isn't a bad player, it just hasn't happened for him yet, but he'll come good.

It was interesting to read though that Kenny was offered £42million plus Daniel Sturridge as part of the deal from Chelsea when they bought Torres, but Kenny turned it down.

kg82

I also thought Carroll did well last night. Thought he linked up with Suarez really well. Another mentioned there, Henderson, I thought also had a good game. Had a big hand in at least one of the goals last night.

People go on about their supporters seeing through red-tinted glasses - I have a mate who's a Liverpool fan and he's ridiculous! Everything is against Liverpool with him, but that's just the way he is about Liverpool. Every team has their fans like that. The team's supporters that are really annoying me at the moment are Arsenals. Half of them calling for Wengers head 5 games ago, now they're a point behind spurs and they've got THEIR heads rammed so far up his arse they've come out the other end.

harvey098

He was never £35 Mil. Good championship player. Had a good start to his premiership campaign where he scored a few tap-ins which made his figures shine. That was in a Newcastle team that create so many opportunities that even Leon Best scores hatricks when he plays up front. Will probably be playing for a Stoke/Bolton type team in a couple of years.

Users who are viewing this thread