Andrew Driver? (1 Viewer)

junglej13

Some guy has just mentioned on the Sky Sports feed (admittedly this comes from Twitter) that Norwich and us are looking at him.

Any possible chance of this happening? Presumably it was Thorn who scouted him a couple of years ago. He's put in a transfer request and word is he is looking for a loan move to put him in the shop window. Now I know there will be much better teams in for him but I don't think a loan move would be too far fetched!

Gaz

Would like to see him here but he is going to get better offers than us unfortunately, so can't see him joining us anytime soon I'm afraid.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I don't know about the better offers, maybe a few years ago but a terrible injury record would put a lot of clubs off surely?

kg82

Runs a lot more than bell, a lot better. But no chance of him coming here, moved on a lot since the last lot of speculation with him.

torchomatic

God, that's a blast from the past. We were desperate to get him at one time.

Sutty

Wouldn't surprise me if there's legs in this one.

We were interested in Joe Murphy at about the same time as the Driver rumours. When Murphy was available on the cheap, we moved in. Now Hearts are in financial trouble, we may see an opportunity.

If he's over his injuries (with our record that's a big if) then he'd be a good signing.

bamalamafizzfazz

I seem to remeber a £6 million bid from Burnley when they got promoted.

I know it didn't go through and was probably an over inflated price tag but what a massive fall from grace.

KersleyDigs

I would expect Andrew Driver would still be on Thorn's radar, as would be payers like Zavon Hines, if we were to actually be taken over by someone willing to spend a few million on improving the squad.

junglej13

I understand we are far from an attractive proposition at the moment but I highlight the point he is supposedly looking for a loan move to put him in the shop window. A move to a club like norwich could see him sit on the bench and not play. We could probably guarantee him games.

SkyBluegilby

Actually saw a fair bit of him in the Hearts/Hibs game the other day,

Would definitly offer us something different as he has a real turn of pace and always looks to get to the byline which i think would help Juke get even more,

Probably not the player he was when we were originially looking at him but given the situation that Hearts are in at the moment im not suprised.

Would be a real coup for us, I actually think he would come to us on loan ahead of Norwich as i think he would get a lot more game time!

skyblueinBaku

If Driver is looking for a loan deal to put himself in the shop window, coming to a struggling Championship side and helping to turn their season round would do the job.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Id like to see him here tbf. Havent watched him recently, but he was held in high regard when we previously after him and he did look a talent then. As mentioned AT was the scout then, and im sure he'd still have him on his radar. But like any other player available, they'll come at a price, probably a price too high for us.

Users who are viewing this thread