An humble apology (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

To all the "do you remember that run and cross from giles" posters during our summer recruitment.

Myself and others ridiculed you but it turns out you were indeed prophets ahead of your time
giphy.gif

SkyBlueSoul

When Sky showed that he’d made 9 crosses v Bristol I called out the fact he’d done nothing with them.

Then when he got the ball in the left wing I called it out again.

Seconds later we equalised and I was proven very wrong. And I’m glad.

Skyblueweeman

I still have doubts over him defensively though.

Going forward hes class. Made more errors in his own half than the attacking half last night.

clint van damme

Going forward hes class. Made more errors in his own half than the attacking half last night.

I thought he improved defensively as the game went on and they had clearly identified our left hand side as somewhere they could get joy and tried to attack us down there as often as possible.

The problem in this league is you need to be on it from the start so that's something he needs to work on but I like him.

Hopefully another one who will improve greatly here and enhance our reputation for brining young players on.

Mucca Mad Boys

I think the last 3 seasons have shown us to just trust MR and his team’s judgement on things.

He’s earned that right.

Cov kid 55

The way he stood that cross up for Godden’s goal was excellent. It’s funny isn’t it that he had one game in half a season last season, now he’s our first choice. Sam moving on, I guess, but a little surprised that he wasn’t rotated for a few games. Might have been if we’d finished the season.

rob9872

I love the fact we now have full backs marauding down both wings. They can't double up and will create lots of space to play if we push them back.

Mucca Mad Boys

I questioned why QPR were bothering to mark McF when he’d missed two free headers then seconds later he puts one away. Fair enough!

He’s had a lot of chances this year already so it’s about time he tucked one away.

If we can get about 10 goals from the CBs, it’ll put us in very good stead.

cc84cov

I don’t he will be fine he’s better than McCallum for me & a lot will be saying the same thing in about 5-8 games time let’s not forget he’s doing it in a level Above McCallum,rumours of McCallum returning he won’t get in ahead of Giles.

rob9872

Think Giles will win the odd penalty or two if he drives into the box at pace.
Grealish and JCH annoy me going down all the time, but now we have our owb in Cal OHare diving all over tge place annoying the fek out of the opposition, I love it 😎😎😎

Esoterica

I don’t he will be fine he’s better than McCallum for me & a lot will be saying the same thing in about 5-8 games time let’s not forget he’s doing it in a level Above McCallum,rumours of McCallum returning he won’t get in ahead of Giles.
You're such a flip flop. 😂😂

On the Ryan Giles thread on Tuesday morning when people were discussing McCallum you were dismissing people's opinions and comparisons:
Again it’s far too early to compare

90 mins of football and 3 days later you've made up your mind and want the world to know the majority will be agreeing with you shortly!

Sky Blue Harry H

Grealish and JCH annoy me going down all the time, but now we have our owb in Cal OHare diving all over tge place annoying the fek out of the opposition, I love it 😎😎😎
To be fair to C O'H, I'm not sure he dives as much as the others. He may have to become cuter at it like Grealish, as he's got a slighter build, but no excuse for Gangster JCH. Anybody else getting twitchy over Dabo last night, when he took a couple of late hits and the camera moved on (was praying he was ok!)

covcity4life

On the Ryan Giles thread on Tuesday morning when people were discussing McCallum you were dismissing people's opinions and comparisons:

90 mins of football and 3 days later you've made up your mind and want the world to know the majority will be agreeing with you shortly!
Glad you found that! I really wish cov fans would stop being bitter and turn on players as soon as they leave

cc84cov

Have you seen Giles this season and pre season ? Probably not if you did you would also agree he wouldn’t be ahead of him if he come back

Esoterica

Have you seen Giles this season and pre season ? Probably not if you did you would also agree he wouldn’t be ahead of him if he come back
So it's not far too early to make the comparison now? But Tuesday it was. I wasn't debating their respective merits, just laughing at how your opinions change with the wind.

fernandopartridge

You're such a flip flop.

He wrote O'Hare off last season quite early on

Skyblueweeman

I'm not saying I dislike him at all, on the contrary. Thought he was excellent going forward but just thought there were a couple of slip ups from him defensively.

Londonccfcfan

Giles tests will come later in season...there's no doubt he's an asset going forward. But he will be ripped a new one when he's up against a quality right winger. There will be times we will be found wanting on his side defensively.

But at championship level we can't afford a left wing back ala Dabo on the right wing back role.

Giles will more than do for now.

SlowerThanPlatt

Giles tests will come later in season...there's no doubt he's an asset going forward. But he will be ripped a new one when he's up against a quality right winger. There will be times we will be found wanting on his side defensively.

But at championship level we can't afford a left wing back ala Dabo on the right wing back role.

Giles will more than do for now.

Their winger was very good last night

Users who are viewing this thread