An even better week (1 Viewer)

Coval

Coventry FC 2-0 Win
Coventry Rfc 36-12 Win
Coventry United 4-1 Win
Coventry Sphinx 2-2 Draw
I will not mention the dreaded W word who play tomorrow, or the midweek black cloud.

ccfcway

Blaze playing tomorrow

Cov Utd much be in with a very good shout of promotion ?

whats the midweek black cloud ?

dongonzalos

You can't mention the blaze either I am afraid. That's the franchise team we stole that didn't affect CCFC when they were stolen, so not much was said about the theft at the time.

Astute

Coventry FC 2-0 Win
Coventry Rfc 36-12 Win
Coventry United 4-1 Win
Coventry Sphinx 2-2 Draw
I will not mention the dreaded W word who play tomorrow, or the midweek black cloud.

Wolves played today. They won 0-1. Leon Clarke scored the winning goal 30 seconds after going on.

Moff

You can't mention the blaze either I am afraid. That's the franchise team we stole that didn't affect CCFC when they were stolen, so not much was said about the theft at the time.

Change the record, you are being boring.

No one does mention them, apart from you, some people dont care about them for the same reason they dont care about the tossers who moved 90 miles from their fanbase.

Moff

Promotion then support from Wasps to keep them in the Championship ?

Why would they want support from Wasp's as they seem to be doing just fine without them. I just wonder how they managed for the previous 100 odd years or so without everyones favourite franschie team. :facepalm:

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Change the record, you are being boring.

No one does mention them, apart from you, some people dont care about them for the same reason they dont care about the tossers who moved 90 miles from their fanbase.

They were mentioned on here prior to me. hence my reply to the OP. Sorry to bore you could always not read of course and not reply to it.

Moff

They were mentioned on here prior to me. hence my reply to the OP. Sorry to bore you could always not read of course and not reply to it.

Apology accepted sunshine. I did read it, and thats why I responded ;)

Sorry to offend!

dongonzalos

Why would they want support from Wasp's as they seem to be doing just fine without them. I just wonder how they managed for the previous 100 odd years or so without everyones favourite franschie team. :facepalm:

You best ask the president of Cov Rugby Club that one. He doesn't seem as upset as you......

“we are not stupid as a club and we are quite aware that if Wasps come here then we will work very closely and very collaboratively with them. The meetings we have had with them show that we can get on with them as individuals and people and I am sure we can get on working together as well.”

That partnership could see Wasps’ academies players play for Coventry’s first XV while Rossborough also benefits for his club in terms of having access to the Premiership side’s coaching expertise and sports science as well collaborate on their respective community operations.

Moff

No offence taken its a forum for debate, I enjoy it.
Still think you secretly have a Cov Blaze season ticket though.

Haha not me!

Its bad enough trying to find time for the Football, and the occasional Saints or CRFC game, especially with two sport mad kids wanting to be here there and everywhere! Im normally trying to leave the house to the next thing before I have even arrived back. Am I coming or going? ;)

wingy

Haha not me!

Its bad enough trying to find time for the Football, and the occasional Saints or CRFC game, especially with two sport mad kids wanting to be here there and everywhere! Im normally trying to leave the house to the next thing before I have even arrived back. Am I coming or going? ;)

Know that feeling well Moff ,fortunately It's all behind me know .

dongonzalos

Haha not me!

You go and watch the saints?
Do you have any ties with them or that area at all?

Gazolba

Coventry FC 2-0 Win
Coventry Rfc 36-12 Win
Coventry United 4-1 Win
Coventry Sphinx 2-2 Draw

Like it or not Wasps are now a Coventry team. And I would not be surprised if down the line they change their name to Coventry Wasps.

Moff

You go and watch the saints?
Do you have any ties with them or that area at all?

Born in Northants, but fully raised in Coventry. Its the only team from Northants I am interested in.
My main passion has always been football, one club CCFC has ever been of interest to me, but whilst I am a more occasional Rugby fan I have also been to CRFC as well as the Saints, and have followed both loosely since childhood.

As I live to the Northants side of Warwickshire I find my rugby watching is more Saints now than getting the chance to see CRFC. Like I said in an earlier post though family and football always come first and then if chance permits its the Rugby

cloughie

for me why all the hatred for wasps ? not my choice of owners but they did what any sensible business would have done and saw an opportunity of a superb facility with so much other business opportunity going on the rest of the week/ year

it is beyond belief that someone else might not have stepped up to the plate previously given the opportunity of several years of choice but some scum thought they could get it for nothing, so i suggest you vent your anger frustration towards our present owners

Astute

Born in Northants, but fully raised in Coventry. Its the only team from Northants I am interested in.
My main passion has always been football, one club CCFC has ever been of interest to me, but whilst I am a more occasional Rugby fan I have also been to CRFC as well as the Saints, and have followed both loosely since childhood.

As I live to the Northants side of Warwickshire I find my rugby watching is more Saints now than getting the chance to see CRFC. Like I said in an earlier post though family and football always come first and then if chance permits its the Rugby

I would say that most people that don't get it have never moved away from Coventry.

I was born and dragged up in Coventry. Spent a few of these years in Nuneaton. Football and CCFC always comes first. But I have lived away from Coventry for over 20 years now. When I was in Lincolnshire I would do the occasional game watching Grimsby and Scunny. It was more of a day out with the lads. I would celebrate a goal and a win with them. But nothing like I celebrate my own club. I do the occasional rugger game now. It is a good laugh. Watched a few non league football games locally. We get cheap tickets arranged through work with free beer and food. A good start to a day on the piss. Not a supporter of either though.

And as for running around after your kids......enjoy it whilst it lasts. My eldest two lads still mention the WBA game at HR when we won with a late goal. They even joined in with all of our songs. Their favourite game ever and the eldest has done a fair few Celtic Rangers games. Certainly gives you lots of memories. The eldest is now 29. She gets married in Feb. Eldest lad just got engaged. But I am running around after 13 year old and it has just started with 6 year old. And 5 year old has decided he loves football. And it is CCFC he wants to watch :p Had planned to go to the game with him yesterday and the next couple of games but have had some recent family events so have a lot to sort out and do. In Coventry midweek without wife and kids. Typically no game home or away.

Astute

for me why all the hatred for wasps ? not my choice of owners but they did what any sensible business would have done and saw an opportunity of a superb facility with so much other business opportunity going on the rest of the week/ year

it is beyond belief that someone else might not have stepped up to the plate previously given the opportunity of several years of choice but some scum thought they could get it for nothing, so i suggest you vent your anger frustration towards our present owners

I don't see much of a hatred of Wasps. It is more of the situation than anything. And the situation has been going on for 20 years or more. And it has culminated to the position we now find ourselves in.

Wasps shouldn't be in Coventry. They should be much closer to where their fan base is. There are empty grounds between Coventry and London. but it would have cost them a fair bit of money to take over a shitty little ground that is still in the wrong place. They have got a top quality nearly new ground with lots of potential for a pittance. And who is at fault for this?

CCC shouldn't have let them have it. But I understand why they did. Most of the hatred is for CCC. But this has been the same for a few years now. Building our club a ground to play in has been forgotten by many. They more or less expected it to be handed over to our club. And so did SISU. And now CCFC, SISU and ourselves have been left in the shit. And it is mainly the making of what SISU did in an attempt of getting it as cheap as they could. It has now come back and bitten them badly on the arse.

I hope that the Wasps supporters are welcomed in Coventry. None of this is their fault. Just like it wasn't our fault when we were dumped in Northampton.

NorthernWisdom

I hope that the Wasps supporters are welcomed in Coventry. None of this is their fault. Just like it wasn't our fault when we were dumped in Northampton.

While I get the general point, 'welcome' suggests an active attempt to go out of our way and that... I wouldn't hope for ;)

The general point is indeed true though. Surely, surely, rather than take it out on fans, we should learn by now that the travesty is fans being forced to make decisions where none of them are good choices!

Then again, it appears that some of the most angry keyboard warriors against those fans who went to Northampton are now the most pro-Wasps, so somehow I doubt we will see the same level of antagonism... they'll be too busy telling us how great Wasps were, how they had to move or they'd have gone out of business, and how great they are for the city of Coventry.

It's just business, innit.

Moff

I would say that most people that don't get it have never moved away from Coventry.

I was born and dragged up in Coventry. Spent a few of these years in Nuneaton. Football and CCFC always comes first. But I have lived away from Coventry for over 20 years now. When I was in Lincolnshire I would do the occasional game watching Grimsby and Scunny. It was more of a day out with the lads. I would celebrate a goal and a win with them. But nothing like I celebrate my own club. I do the occasional rugger game now. It is a good laugh. Watched a few non league football games locally. We get cheap tickets arranged through work with free beer and food. A good start to a day on the piss. Not a supporter of either though.

And as for running around after your kids......enjoy it whilst it lasts. My eldest two lads still mention the WBA game at HR when we won with a late goal. They even joined in with all of our songs. Their favourite game ever and the eldest has done a fair few Celtic Rangers games. Certainly gives you lots of memories. The eldest is now 29. She gets married in Feb. Eldest lad just got engaged. But I am running around after 13 year old and it has just started with 6 year old. And 5 year old has decided he loves football. And it is CCFC he wants to watch :p Had planned to go to the game with him yesterday and the next couple of games but have had some recent family events so have a lot to sort out and do. In Coventry midweek without wife and kids. Typically no game home or away.

Great post Astute! I do enjoy running round with the kids, although sometimes I could do with pausing for breath!

The fact of how far you travel to watch the club, should put many of the Citys local stay at home residents to shame!

Coval

Further to my original message on this thread and with the serious danger of provoking the wrath of the thought police.
An unnamed club with a close connection to Coventry today won their match against a French team at their last game at Adams Park. I watched the match at Old Coventrians RFC with an enthusiastic group of friends after my grandsons game and a few much enjoyed pints. Looking forward to next week.
I wonder what horrors I can expect now in room 101. What are the worst Coventry related nightmares you can imagine.
Remember Big Brother is watching you.

Moff

Further to my original message on this thread and with the serious danger of provoking the wrath of the thought police.
An unnamed club with a close connection to Coventry today won their match against a French team at their last game at Adams Park. I watched the match at Old Coventrians RFC with an enthusiastic group of friends after my grandsons game and a few much enjoyed pints. Looking forward to next week.
I wonder what horrors I can expect now in room 101. What are the worst Coventry related nightmares you can imagine.
Remember Big Brother is watching you.

On reading this I would suggest you find a new script writer.

letsallsingtogether

What is this close connection to Coventry you speak of?

Unfortunately give it a couple of seasons and local rugger players will aspire to play for them rather then play for the Blue and whites.:(

On a brighter note at least they won't go to Leicester.:whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread