An attack minded manager please (1 Viewer)

lesturd

I just want to see us have a go at teams for a change. Too many times over the years we've been saddled with defensive minded managers (usually ex-defenders). Get someone in that will let the shackles off a bit and create a bit of excitement. Our best football in my 40 odd years of going has always been generally under managers that were not defenders when they were professionals.

RFC

I just want to see us have a go at teams for a change. Too many times over the years we've been saddled with defensive minded managers (usually ex-defenders). Get someone in that will let the shackles off a bit and create a bit of excitement. Our best football in my 40 odd years of going has always been generally under managers that were not defenders when they were professionals.

Nonsense you are missing the point? Defender Pressley played the most attacking progressive football during the first half of last season, particularly at Sixfields until Clarke threw his toys out of the pram & Callum got injured and was out for 4 months.

He was forced to changed the system in an attempt to concede fewer goals and ensure our survival, he overcome a 10 point deduction. The most exciting football I'd seen for 20 or more years!

covcity4life

nah i agree with OP, we need to stop being pussies on the pitch and stop being scare dof opposition. lets put fear in others for once.

preslley scored loads at sixfields but that was down to alot of long balls over the top,defence was shocking. we can do better.

LB87ccfc

Best hope its not Mowbray then

Astute

Nonsense you are missing the point? Defender Pressley played the most attacking progressive football during the first half of last season, particularly at Sixfields until Clarke threw his toys out of the pram & Callum got injured and was out for 4 months.

He was forced to changed the system in an attempt to concede fewer goals and ensure our survival, he overcome a 10 point deduction. The most exciting football I'd seen for 20 or more years!

We attacked because we had players that only knew how to attack and were good at it. These attacking players were sold/contract ran out/bomb squad. The players brought in were not given much of a chance to attack with the SP way of playing. How many strikers did he sign whilst playing defensively?

KersleyDigs

This would be an attacking team:

---------------------G. Thomas----------------
Odelusi------Tudgay----Jackson--Miller
-----Maddison----Nouble----Turgott
---------Williams--Samuel----Reda

Last edited:

Astute

This would be an attacking team:

---------------------G. Thomas----------------
Odelusi------Tudgay----Jackson--Miller
-----Maddison----Nouble----Turgott
---------Williams--Samuel----Reda

Certainly is if you have 11 outfield players and no GK or is it the GK up front? :thinking about:

lesturd

...The team he inherited from the attack minded Mark Robins you mean?

no_loyalty

Interesting that our 2 most successful managers of recent times in Robins and Dowie were both ex proffesional forwards

JimmyHillsbeard

Nilssen?

Give me Curtis and Sillett (both defenders) over McAllister and Strachan.

as pointed out earlier Pressley's biggest failure as manager was his inability to get a decent defensive performance. The golden period meant we scored 5 goals but let in 4.

Users who are viewing this thread