An (actual) alternative protest idea (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

I find the "let's all turn up at the Ricoh" idea a bit silly, because then we're just sat there, at the Ricoh, with no match or focus.

However I had a thought. On Wednesday April 30th The Telegraph Schools Cup Final is being played at The Ricoh.

Kick off is 5:30pm, tickets are £5 on the door, car parking £2.

What if we all turned up for this? Gave the kids a real crowd and used it to show non-partisan support for Coventry football.

What do people think?

I'm a ST holder at Sixfields and i don't want to be there and i think most ideas on here are pathetic, but i actually quite like this idea, Don't think SISU would care but it would be good for the kids and local sport in Coventry. Personally don't think any sort of protest will make a difference, If we return to the Ricoh it will be when the circus in charge are ready.

shmmeee

Just saw it and thought it was a nice balance between the calls for everyone to get together and people who want to go to the Ricoh.

Agree that it won't mean much for most, but I'd imagine it's a bit more "local" than women's football.

AndreasB

Its a nice idea and should be supported as such. It has no rely relevance to our plight though so I don't see the point. The Ricoh is a bloody awful place, cold and soulless. The ONLY reason to go there is watch Coventry City.

shmmeee

Its a nice idea and should be supported as such. It has no rely relevance to our plight though so I don't see the point. The Ricoh is a bloody awful place, cold and soulless. The ONLY reason to go there is watch Coventry City.

I'm not sure what turning up in the car park has to do with out plight to be honest. Just thought if we were coming up with protests this was slightly better.

I'd still rather a big one in Northampton, but let's be honest none of these will come off, still too much division of opinion.

AndreasB

Hmm... protest needs to be closer to where the club are playing on the day of the protest. A full Sixfields and some well organised protesting at the Wolves game would be the most effective. Anything at the Ricoh would be just a sideshow.
Time for the NOPM brigade to wise up and change tactic.

shmmeee

Hmm... protest needs to be closer to where the club are playing on the day of the protest. A full Sixfields and some well organised protesting at the Wolves game would be the most effective. Anything at the Ricoh would be just a sideshow.

Not sure it needs a change of tactic TBH. We couldn't all fit in Sixfields anyway, so no reason we can't have the hill and the ground.

The Reverend Skyblue

How would you describe 6fields then, or did you mean the Ricoh is cold and soulless on non match days ,which is stating the bleeding obvious. You seem so happy we are in Northampton, I wouldn't mind betting if we came back to the Ricoh you'd stay supporting the cobblers as you love it there so much.

Your argument is a fair one, I want to watch the team play,full stop, then you make stupid comments like this which undoes all your argument

AndreasB

How would you describe 6fields then, or did you mean the Ricoh is cold and soulless on non match days ,which is stating the bleeding obvious. You seem so happy we are in Northampton, I wouldn't mind betting if we came back to the Ricoh you'd stay supporting the cobblers as you love it there so much.

Your argument is a fair one, I want to watch the team play,full stop, then you make stupid comments like this which undoes all your argument

We'll you are predictably wrong. How you could infer that from this post says more about your predjudices than mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

What do people think?

I agree with the idea of a load of people turning up, agree that going to watch a schools final is no bad thing.

In a world where everything must be whiter than white, do all profits beyond running costs go to charity/the local FA? As a 'neutral'protest I wouldn't want it commandeered by those who say no money is given to the club, but plenty to ACL etc. etc so that the actual message behind why people were there (not money!) got lost.

shmmeee

I agree with the idea of a load of people turning up, agree that going to watch a schools final is no bad thing.

In a world where everything must be whiter than white, do all profits beyond running costs go to charity/the local FA? As a 'neutral'protest I wouldn't want it commandeered by those who say no money is given to the club, but plenty to ACL etc. etc so that the actual message behind why people were there (not money!) got lost.

No idea to be honest.

letsallsingtogether

No never the place is Cold and Soulless and and no one is allowed to have a mind of their own....

Think I'll give it a miss.

letsallsingtogether

because they won't go to sixfields funny how the ones tht do go in give out more abuse and name calling then those that don't?

Why do you talk to your fellow fans like they're a piece of shit or something?

You really are one vile excuse for a human being.

Paxman II

I think you should go just to feel what it's like inside there again and remind yourself what we are missing?!!

Tbh though if you pay to go in then your supporting ACL. The idea of thousands parading outside the Ricoh on a match day however would not be lost on SISU or ACL would it? Both would be reminded of what they are missing.

Users who are viewing this thread