Amnesty day! (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Just posted the next paragraph on another thread and got me thinking ....

In all seriousness its probably true because when you meet other football fans you discuss football. It's what brought us all together on here in the first place, but some rarely if at all post on football and prefer petty squabbling on politics or anything else we've all become poundshop experts in.

So here goes, tin hat at the ready ... can we all agree for Nick to put a temporary lock on all threads that are nothing to do with football, eg those on politics, dead people, race, religion, Sunderland or jokes etc for 24 hours.

One nominated day with everyone being nice to each other, discussing Coventry City. A Just Giving page with a temporary access code needed and pay £1 to a forum nominated charity to receive the code. Remind us why we all joined in the first place with no petty squabbling. At this time of year I think a homeless charity or something similar would be nice, but happy to take other suggestions.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

In all seriousness its probably true because when you meet other football fans you discuss football. It's what brought us all together on here in the first place, but some rarely if at all post on football and prefer petty squabbling on politics or anything else we've all become poundshop experts in.

So here goes, tin hat at the ready ... can we all agree for Nick to put a temporary lock on all threads that are nothing to do with football, eg those on politics, dead people, race, religion, Sunderland or jokes etc for 24 hours.

One nominated day with everyone being nice to each other, discussing Coventry City. A Just Giving page with a temporary access code needed and pay £1 to a forum nominated charity to receive the code. Remind us why we all joined in the first place with no petty squabbling. At this time of year I think a homeless charity or something similar would be nice, but happy to take other suggestions.
But that is not Sky Blues Talk, thats football talk

fernandopartridge

What's the point?

rob9872

What's the point?
The point is if you've been on the Azeem Rafiq thread it's representative of the shit show this has become. Like all social media platforms petty squabbling and not what here was ever intended to be about. I thought it might get back to basics and raise a few quid for a good cause at the same time. If nobody wants to then I guess we all rinse and repeat.

fernandopartridge

The point is if you've been on the Azeem Rafiq thread it's representative of the shit show this has become. Like all social media platforms petty squabbling and not what here was ever intended to be about. I thought it might get back to basics and raise a few quid for a good cause at the same time. If nobody wants to then I guess we all rinse and repeat.
Ah, I've not been on it.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I have never insulted anyone on this forum yet that is all I get back. I would love to be able to contribute for 24 hours without any abuse. Unsure why disagreeing with someone warrants name calling

Don’t get me wrong we all have our moments and I definitely have in the past but the whole reason I come on here is because I like the debate, conversation and escape from everything else.

SBT wouldn’t be what it is if everyone agreed with eachother on everything. Nowadays, I try and explain what I’ve got to say without swearing etc, as often I think that puts off other people from joining in the debate or engaging with you, which is the whole reason we’re here.

Happy for you to disagree on anything and everything I’ve got to say pal!

SkyBlueCharlie9

I like the idea of being nice for a day and raising some cash for charity. I think it's critical to debate stuff and hear people's views but when racist bigots spill out zenophobic vile based on no evidence/research that aims to wind others up that's pretty disgusting and it is hard not to call that out for what it is.
I find the left v right differences of opinion interesting and thete are plenty of clever observant and balanced people on here.... but that are some absolute bell-ends.

Otis

I have a better idea. Why not make every day "Amnesty Day" apart from one day and then let everyone let rip for 24 hours once a year?

That would be the coolest thing ever. 👍

kg82

I have a better idea. Why not make every day "Amnesty Day" apart from one day and then let everyone let rip for 24 hours once a year?

Sounds like the purge!

clint van damme

Why are you trying to cancel us?!

PUSB-We_are_going_up

What's a snowflake?;)

giphy.gif

Covkid1968#

I rarely talk Footie in here…. Just shite. Mainly because I just don’t understand all the nuances of it these days. I played for 20 years but I just leave it to all you experts on here.
but it’s a great suggestion Rob….my mantra in life is be nice to everyone and it’s done me alright so far….. so fully support this and I’ll think of something Footie related to say.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I rarely talk Footie in here…. Just shite. Mainly because I just don’t understand all the nuances of it these days. I played for 20 years but I just leave it to all you experts on here.
but it’s a great suggestion Rob….my mantra in life is be nice to everyone and it’s done me alright so far….. so fully support this and I’ll think of something Footie related to say.

giphy.gif

Sky Blue Harry H

I find the left v right differences of opinion interesting and thete are plenty of clever observant and balanced people on here.... but that are some absolute bell-ends.

Thanks Charlie - I'll leave it for others to decide which category I fall into............

Old Warwickshire lad

I only come on here to talk about the City, and keep up with rumour and gossip.
And I don’t insult people unless they are standing in front of me.
Must be an age thing.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I read the Off Topic Chat threads as much as the CCFC related stuff, and i do find it fucking tedious when there is a good debate going on, with some genuine differences of opinion across what might be termed the socio-political divide, and then someone wades in simply to insult, abuse or belittle one contributor or another and it descends into a ridiculous squabble which detracts from the thread.
I won't name names, but there are a few "usual suspects" who you can bet will turn up and (to use a 1970s teacher's phrase) "spoil it for everyone".
I'd be happy (and willing to pay) if they just gave it a fucking rest for 24 hours, but i doubt that will happen. Nice idea though, Rob.

Samo

Cooler than Samuel L Jackson? I don't think so!

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I read the Off Topic Chat threads as much as the CCFC related stuff, and i do find it fucking tedious when there is a good debate going on, with some genuine differences of opinion across what might be termed the socio-political divide, and then someone wades in simply to insult, abuse or belittle one contributor or another and it descends into a ridiculous squabble which detracts from the thread.
I won't name names, but there are a few "usual suspects" who you can bet will turn up and (to use a 1970s teacher's phrase) "spoil it for everyone".
I'd be happy (and willing to pay) if they just gave it a fucking rest for 24 hours, but i doubt that will happen. Nice idea though, Rob.
£10,000 and I will go unactive for a week

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I like the idea of being nice for a day and raising some cash for charity. I think it's critical to debate stuff and hear people's views but when racist bigots spill out zenophobic vile based on no evidence/research that aims to wind others up that's pretty disgusting and it is hard not to call that out for what it is.
Which are you then ?

Users who are viewing this thread