Amazon Vine (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Is anyone else on here an Amazon Vine member? Just wondered.

Otis

Have no idea what that is. I am a Prime member. What's the Vine bit? Is that for swingers?

torchomatic

Well, I've always done lots of reviews on Amazon and a while back - 2009, I think - I was ''invited'' to join Vine. Basically, they send you free stuff which you have to review - well you have to review 80% of what they send you. The only proviso is you can't sell the stuff or anything. It can be all sorts of stuff from books to televisions. There are two newsletters a month. The first is a "targeted" news letter based on your browsing history and purchases on Amazon. It contains maybe 15 items, you choose two and then review. The following week there is a main newletter with a 100 items or so. I've had all sorts of stuff. Last night I got a Sony Hx10 camera which sells for £250. The best thing was last month where I got a £1600 camcorder! Mad really. IF you ever get a chance to join then do so, it's great. Just do a search for Amazon Vine.

I've noticed that some other users on Vine were from Cov so just wondered if anyone from here was one of them.

Marty

So basically they send you free stuff to review?? awesome, where do I sign up?

torchomatic

Yeah, basically that's it. At first you are really thrilled to get stuff then after a while you start taking it for granted. Like last night, I thought "oh no, not another bloody camera!".

Next time you're on Amazon look at the reviews, some of them have a green strapline underneath saying something like "this review is from the Amazon Vine Programme".

Just do lots of reviews and they may invite you. Luck of the draw and all that, I think.

So basically they send you free stuff to review?? awesome, where do I sign up?

Marty

Do they have to be good indept reviews or can I just chat bollocks for a while (i'm fairly good at that :D)??

torchomatic

Well, as long as you review the product then I don't think it matters. A bit of waffle helps, I think. The important thing is ratings. If people think youre review is "helpful" then you're more likely to get picked. I'm not sure how many people there are doing it. When I got chosen I done 200+ reviews, but some members have done 30 or so. Like I said, it really is the luck of the draw. Most of the time it is boring stuff but there are the odd things that are great.

We need a new vacuum so I'm always hoping that I'll get one of those. It's frustrating because like me with my cameras people on our Vine Forum moan that they've been offered another vacuum!

Users who are viewing this thread