Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito freed! (1 Viewer)

ccfctommy

Anybody watching this?

Never thought they killed Mederith Kercher.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I don't really want to get into if they did it or not. I want to know who killed that poor girl, why Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito lied at the beginning of the investigation and why the police made such a mess of the investigation.

derbyskyblue

exactly ben, someone murdered meredith kercher and now after so much of a balls up by the plod i doubt the real killer..killers will ever be found.

Marty

I wonder how much she'll get on the pay out when she sues. they have destroyed the rest of her life, can see her making a bit in selling her story/book deals, but i can't see many employers wanting to take on a convicted murder, even though she was equited (not sure if thats the word i'm after) it still leaves a doubt in your mind.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I wonder how much she'll get on the pay out when she sues. they have destroyed the rest of her life, can see her making a bit in selling her story/book deals, but i can't see many employers wanting to take on a convicted murder, even though she was equited (not sure if thats the word i'm after) it still leaves a doubt in your mind.

She's been acquitted which means she's not a convicted murderer. This is something I will find interesting to see if she's going to try and profit out of this. In terms of suing, I'm not so sure if it means she has to return to Italy I can't see that happening. I'm 99% certain that once she's on that plane tomorrow, she's never gonna step foot in Italy never mind Europe again.

derbyskyblue

Well to start with she gets 500,000 euro's from the italian government. No doubt there will be a film or book deal to come. I'm not being cynical by the way, if she is truly innocent then she deseves every penny.

Marty

She's been acquitted which means she's not a convicted murderer. This is something I will find interesting to see if she's going to try and profit out of this. In terms of suing, I'm not so sure if it means she has to return to Italy I can't see that happening. I'm 99% certain that once she's on that plane tomorrow, she's never gonna step foot in Italy never mind Europe again.

I understand she has been acquitted, but if i was a potential employer and knew about her background then i would be worried about employing her, It would leave a doubt in my mind and i don't think i could ever trust someone who has been in her position and i wouldn't even take a chance on her if i'm honest.

rob9872

She won't get a penny in compo as they convicted her of a lesser crime which conveniently carried teh sentence she has served. Decision was correct based on the bungled operation and DNA contamination but 100% guilty imo.

dutchman

She won't get a penny in compo as they convicted her of a lesser crime which conveniently carried teh sentence she has served.

Maybe not but she'll make millions from media appearances :whistle:

one_dollar_bill_reverse-united_states_.jpg

SkyBlueMania

The investigation sounds like a total shambles tbh. I think I heard 3 or 4 different versions of events from Knox, she kept being proven wrong and then just changing her story. Very dodgy if you ask me.

I believe that she was present, but not involved. That sly dog Sollecito though, he looks like a strange fellow and his story doesn't seem to add up.

stupot07

I believe that she was present, but not involved. That sly dog Sollecito though, he looks like a strange fellow and his story doesn't seem to add up.

Which story? There was so many of them. I believe they both know what happened and like Michael Barrymore they'll never tell the true story. The Italian police have run a completely inept investigation and should be now investigated.

It's the kercher family I feel sorry for, they have lost a daughter and have no idea why she murdered and who did it.

Which story? There was so many of them. I believe they both know what happened and like Michael Barrymore they'll never tell the true story. The Italian police have run a completely inept investigation and should be now investigated.

It's the kercher family I feel sorry for, they have lost a daughter and have no idea why she murdered and who did it.

Sorry Stories :facepalm:. I feel sorry for the Knox and Kercher families. At least the Knox can move on, but the Kerchers will now never find out what happened and why.

I really feel for all innocents involved.

stupot07

Somebody was convicted though weren't they? Some African guy?

Yes - he claimed he was in the toilet when it happened, they found his bloody footprint in her room. However, isn't this similar evidence that convicted knox and solliceto.

Marty

Sorry Stories :facepalm:. I feel sorry for the Knox and Kercher families. At least the Knox can move on, but the Kerchers will now never find out what happened and why.

I really feel for all innocents involved.

Was she innocent though?? the Italians done such a botched job of the investigation that we'll never know.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
Good job it wasn't a foreigner in USA, they wouldn't have evn had a retrial

Interesting note I picked up off the bbc website:

9. Appeals process The Italian appeals process offers more guarantees to defendants than any other legal system in the world, whereby only the weakest evidence is treated, not the whole case. Knox's team only had to attack the DNA evidence against her to undermine the whole edifice of the original trial. Italy has one of lowest prison populations in the world because of its lenient appeals process.

So it sounds very easy to get off scott free by just attacking only the weak evidence. This is the problem in Italy, in this type of appeal the judges only look at the evidence brought forward by the defence. The prosecution aren't allow to bring back any other evidence to fight the case.

Macca

Interesting note I picked up off the bbc website:

9. Appeals process The Italian appeals process offers more guarantees to defendants than any other legal system in the world, whereby only the weakest evidence is treated, not the whole case. Knox's team only had to attack the DNA evidence against her to undermine the whole edifice of the original trial. Italy has one of lowest prison populations in the world because of its lenient appeals process.

So it sounds very easy to get off scott free by just attacking only the weak evidence. This is the problem in Italy, in this type of appeal the judges only look at the evidence brought forward by the defence. The prosecution aren't allow to bring back any other evidence to fight the case.

interesting stuff mate. Pretty shoddy if you ask me!

rob9872

Right then I'm off to Italy to commit a coulple of murders. Anyone fancy coming? :D

Right then I'm off to Italy to commit a coulple of murders. Anyone fancy coming? :D

So because you can get away with it you are going to murder people. Rob you've just gone down in my estimation. If it was robbing a Mars bar then fair enough, but murder?

rob9872

Sorry Rich, I don't agree with theft.

The Ricoh seems a great place to start. I'll begin with our favourite Italians Davido Bello and then Frederico Eastwoodo.

Sorry Rich, I don't agree with theft.

The Ricoh seems a great place to start. I'll begin with our favourite Italians Davido Bello and then Frederico Eastwoodo.

Can't you start with that bloke of've Corrie. Johnual Staple I think his name is. I will forgive your sins if you do

RedSalmon

I think she was guilty, but as soon as the might of the U.S. legal teams started fighting her case always thought the Italians would buckle and acquit her. Think the rules are different when its a U.S. citizen.

Sky_Blue_Daz

The lawyer who got them off has gone dead cocky though. He's trying to get David Blunkett a driving licence

Users who are viewing this thread