Amadou Bakayoko - Confirmed 2 Year Deal (3 Viewers)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
I hope he does well, he hasnt even kicked a ball for us yet so he deserves a chance im looking forward see what he can do every new player deserves a good go with us before they are given the gallow treatment

Ashdown

I hope he does well, he hasnt even kicked a ball for us yet so he deserves a chance im looking forward see what he can do every new player deserves a good go with us before they are given the gallow treatment
Yup, I hope they all do well and start to gel and get a win under our belts..............it will quieten down the doubters for a bit at least.

fernandopartridge

I don't know what some others are saying, I'm merely pointing to the 9 goals in 80/90 appearances and the questionable attitude the Walsall fans have told us about. I'm not sure that's something to be ecstatic about.

As I said, give him a chance. If others are writing him off I can see why, but you can't really be sure of anything until he has been given a fair crack of the whip here so it's a bit silly to get on his case. He should be supported to get the best out of him. If he is getting abuse (if that is what people are genuinely doing) then there is no need for that at all and it won't help anything.

Fair enough, I'm not ecstatic either but let's give him a chance

Otis

CT have a piece written by a Fleetwood Town local reporter and they say Bakayoko is definitely capable of scoring 20 goals+ in a season.

Hoping it's all about systems and he fits in perfectly with ours and just didn't at Walsall.

lifeskyblue

But what you said before was that neither JCH or Bakayoko were up to the mark. That's a bit different from saying you don't think someone is the answer. It's a lot more definite and conslusive saying a player is not up to the mark. No room for doubt there.

It is the 'he ISN'T' good enough posts that I and many others have a problem with. It's a conclusion formed before he has even pulled on the shirt.

Ok I will be clearer. I do not believe he will be good enough. I may be wrong. The Walsall fans who have watched him may be wrong. I hope they and I are way off the mark.
I think robins has panic bought him as he so far has been unsuccessful with chaplin. He seems to be similar to biamou and JCH and possibly no improvement on either. So I’m not convinced we need him and the money would be better spent elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
CT have a piece written by a Fleetwood Town local reporter and they say Bakayoko is definitely capable of scoring 20 goals+ in a season.

Hoping it's all about systems and he fits in perfectly with ours and just didn't at Walsall.

A fleetwood reporter? A bit strange.

covfanman

Didn't Walsall fans give a lot of flack to Troy Deeney in the early stages of his career?

They did.

Didn’t mcsheffery get slated before he went out on loan too? Look what happened there.

Esoterica

Bakayoko isn’t a lone striker, nor is he a target man. His style of play indicates he likes to run into channels and with the ball to his feet. If we’re to play 4-2-3-1 it probably won’t be Bakayoko as the spearhead. Very much a striker who thrives in a 4-4-2 it seems.

We’ll end up playing 4-4-2 after a few games.
Our 1 in a 4-2-3-1 shouldn't be a lone striker, Biamou's isolation was part of Saturday's problem. If Bakayoko holds the ball up by running into the channels with the ball at his feet it'll make plenty of space for the 3 to move into - it just needs to be a lot more fluid than it was at the weekend.
Can't see us going to 4-4-2 while Doyle is in the middle either - he's just too slow to play as part of a central midfield 2 in L1. We'd be back to having last years huge whole in the middle and giving the ball to Jones in the hope he can do something magic. Also think we've got way too many attacking midfielders and only 1 genuine winger in the squad to play a traditional 4-4-2. I know we regularly disagree on the finer points of the game though :) I'm looking forward to seeing how Robins fits it all together.

JulianDarbyFTW

I wonder if Hywula will be the striker and Bakayoko will play on the left of the attacking three midfielders. The youtube clips hint that he plays quite wide at times.

hill83

He seems to be similar to biamou and JCH

Unless I’m completely losing the plot I can’t see where you have got that information from. Purely from watching the YouTube video of him in this thread he’s about pace and power.

I’m not going to get into a debate about if he’ll be good or not as it’s a waste of time, but some of the complete misinformation is baffling.

Grendel

I wonder if Hywula will be the striker and Bakayoko will play on the left of the attacking three midfielders. The youtube clips hint that he plays quite wide at times.

I would guess that’s the thought process yes.

BornSlippySkyBlue

This guy would seem to have better credentials than the average Walsall (or Coventry) fan, maybe it is this ‘rawness’ that has tempted Robins to purchase him.

Mr Panda

Unless I’m completely losing the plot I can’t see where you have got that information from. Purely from watching the YouTube video of him in this thread he’s about pace and power.

I’m not going to get into a debate about if he’ll be good or not as it’s a waste of time, but some of the complete misinformation is baffling.

Haha to the average fan if you're a 6ft+ forward then you must be a target man. Just like Thierry Henry!

hill83

Haha to the average fan if you're a 6ft+ forward then you must be a target man. Just like Thierry Henry!

Pace directly correlates to height. Ask Usain Bolt.

‘Good feet for a big man’ confuses things slightly though.

Gazolba

I'll reserve judgement until he's had a few games, but a record of one goal every ten games is not good for a striker.
Robins must be gambling he can be improved.
What does this say about the chances of JCH, Biamou or Ponticelli making the starting lineup?

CCFC54321

Guys this guy won’t be in the starting eleven and has been taken in to develop. He won’t be nowhere near the starting eleven for some time. He’s game time will be checkatrade games to start with. He’s not a wide player either he’s a centre forward. Don’t expect big things from him for a while.

Grendel

Guys this guy won’t be in the starting eleven and has been taken in to develop. He won’t be nowhere near the starting eleven for some time. He’s game time will be checkatrade games to start with. He’s not a wide player either he’s a centre forward. Don’t expect big things from him for a while.

So we’ve spent the most on a player for some time, only offered a 2 year contract and won’t play him.

Makes sense

Users who are viewing this thread