Amadou Bakayoko - Confirmed 2 Year Deal (3 Viewers)

Marty

Never seen him play, but seems a waste of money on the face of it, need someone who can stick the ball in the net.

MatthewWallis

No mention of more coming in like with the Hiwula signing. Will have to wait and see if he's given 10, if so then that's probably our business done up front.

I'd imagine we won't know until after Thursday. Might still be hoping for Chaplin but would look silly if he don't come and number 10 is still vacant

torchomatic

higgs

This guy is a serious unit he will cause the defenders some trouble this season

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

stupot07

I won't write him off. Each time he pulls on the shirt I'll cheer him on, will him to score, encourage him when things go to plan, celebraste with him when he scores. And if he develops and increases his value tenfold, I'll praise the manager for a masterfully astute piece of business.

Am still underwhelmed right now, though!
Me too. I feel...meh! You cant help but feel it, replacing a 28 goal striker with a 5 goal striker. I still don't understand why we've signed him and JCH and given biamou a 3 year deal when we're playing a lone striker to accommodate Andreu.

I will however cheer him on and will him to score when he plays and hopefully he will prove us all wrong.

block16

seems like a bit of a shit signing but I think I’ll trust Mark Robins when it comes to the strikers over Walsall fans

stay_up_skyblues

Welcome lad. Seems to have decent attributes and young enough to improve. Poor scoring record over two seasons but interesting that Walsall saw fit to start him every week. Just maybe he has been brought in for reasons other that scoring week in week out, Seems MR may believe we have sufficient goals elsewhere to go without a 20+ a season striker and, to be fair, there aren’t many of them around. I will be lead by our leader on this one.

Worst case scenario it’s another forward for the mentalists to vent their spleen at, which will probably cheer up Max, should he stay.

Liquid Gold

Didn't think he was what we needed but now he's signed he'll have my full support. Feels like Robins is stockpiling players so he has different options instead of going out and spending his money on a couple of top players and risking them failing.

cooperskyblue

So I am underwhelmed by this signing, I will give him my full support now he is a skyblue but out of all the 1st team signings we have made, this one has me the least excited by far.

We now have: Bakayoko, Huwali, Biamou, JCH and Ponticelli as our strikers. If Ponticelli was to go out on loan could we still see Chaplin potentially come in or is that our striker business done?

mark82

I won't write him off. Each time he pulls on the shirt I'll cheer him on, will him to score, encourage him when things go to plan, celebraste with him when he scores. And if he develops and increases his value tenfold, I'll praise the manager for a masterfully astute piece of business.

Am still underwhelmed right now, though!

Yeah, you're right, it does feel quite underwhelming. I don't mind that opinion, it's the ones where people are writing off someone they hadn't heard of before this week because they've looked at his Wikipedia page.

covmark

Welcome, and good luck to the lad.
Hopefully he can hit the ground running and bag a couple of goals early on. Maybe change a few minds among the fans as well as gaining himself some confidence.

shmmeee

In all seriousness, he looks like he's got good attributes and hopefully Robins can bring the best out of him. Not sure where he'll play tho.

BigadamL

My Walsall friends seem to be in two minds about him, all saying he could be a great signing but doesn’t score enough and gets knocked off the ball to easily, hopefully not another K Thomas!

I trust MR judgement as I would say he has a better record of good signings than bad.

luwalla

look forward to seeing this guy play and score goals... but sounds like an almost carbon copy of pontecelli. Leads me to think maybe he will be going out on loan , if they think this lad has more immediate potential

walsall fan here in peace.
well we eventually got rid of the lazy lump just sorry you lot ended up with him.
I wouldn't be going to bookies putting any money on top goalscorer anytime soon.
anyway thanks for the 200k I wouldn't worry about the sell on clause!!!
please be your own judges and hes fantastic in checkatrade cup so you might win that again.

stay_up_skyblues

Apparently won their young player of season award 16/17 so must have something about him. This is far from a desperation signing for me.

fatso

This guy alongside Chaplin could be a very useful strike force.
He can’t be any worse than Biamou or JCH, so I’m quietly confident in what Robins is doing.
Now can we PLEASE get Chaplin over the line!

Magwitch

I have my doubts he will be an out and out striker might be at times but I think more often than not he will play deeper

Skyblue_CP

Abit underwhelming, however, he has pace and power.. abit of work with Robins and Viveash and he could be banging in goals for fun, i don't believe given our budget and how careful Robins is, that he would just throw 200k at someone for no reason...

Mr Panda

My feelings is that the Chaplin deal is over now that Bakayoko is through the door.

I've heard we enquired about Bakayoko before but at that point the money Walsall wanted was too much. The fact he's now in the building makes me think he was the one that could happen very quickly that Robin's talked about. My opinion is that this means the end to Chaplin deal. How would he even fit now?

Otis

well we eventually got rid of the lazy lump just sorry you lot ended up with him.
I wouldn't be going to bookies putting any money on top goalscorer anytime soon.
please be your own judges and hes fantastic in checkatrade cup so you might win that again.
Yep, you're right. Player's definitely look at the fixture lists and decide which trophies and tournaments they are going to play well in.

fatso

He will get far better coaching, and many more chances here than he ever got with you lot.
Plus he’s ready for a new challenge, you watch his progression now he’s away from negativity he had at Walsall.

Otis

Like most players who get fed up playing for midland clubs, he probably just needs a move. The Walsall fans are frustrated by his potential and lack of end product. Let’s just see what he can do.
Exactly! Let's just wait and see what he can do.

fernandopartridge

Can't help feeling there is a hint of bitterness in these posts, and hope that Bakayoko is a failure

Liquid Gold

I'm almost certain the £200k quoted would be heavily based on achieving certain goals. If we end up paying that for him after 20 goals and promotion then we'll all be happy. Bristol Rovers had a bid accepted and they're skint as the owner keeps promising cash that never arrives and pocketing what they get from transfers. Leads me to think around 50-75k up front. Small change for a huge club like us.

fernandopartridge

Looking at his video on YouTube it's difficult to imagine why they played him up front on his own, no wonder he struggled a bit.
Also, 22 and only had a couple of seasons in a struggling team, there should be more to come from him played in the right system.

Users who are viewing this thread