Amadou Bakayoko - Confirmed 2 Year Deal (4 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

If Walsall we're so piss poor why has their main playmaker been singed by a Championship club. That points to goalscoring problems being down to strikers.

CCFC_Charlie

Sounds like the strikers version of Ryan Haynes to be honest, started promisingly, some fans hold out hope but the majority will be happy to see the back of him

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Am I allowed to think we've had a great window, improved the squad and that Hiwula is a good signing while also thinking we need another striker and Bakayoko isn't the answer?

No, apparently you are not.

What type of striker should we be signing then Mourinho? Forgive me but I’ll trust MR before I trust your erroneous bleatings. It’s been repeatedly said on here he doesn’t appear to be an out and out striker.

If you can't ignore the Walsall fans then how can you ignore the fact that others clubs are after him and prepared to pay money for him? You can'y have it both ways.

Otis

Two other League One clubs have tried to sign him so the professionals obviously see something in him.
Nope, that's bollocks. Us fans know better than all the managers and even though none of us have seen him play, or have any idea how Robins plans to utlilise him, or know where exactly where he will fit in and play in the team, we should all write to the club now and urge this transfer to not go ahead.

Come on, Robins, stop being a blind fool and listen to all the fans who haven't seen him play and have no idea what the strategy is with him!

Otis

I won't be disappointed to see JCH go to be honest. Want to like him and he looks like he should have much more in his locker than he has, but he has been a big letdown unfortunately.

The diving and falling over was also very embarrassing. Am struggling to think of a single ref who fell for it.

pusbccfc

Nick

Administrator
Not sure how true but think something has happened with jch, not sure if anybody is in for him though? Would be the quickest contract for a while if he goes out

vow

Wow, Silly season just got sillier.

NorthernWisdom

Not sure how true but think something has happened with jch, not sure if anybody is in for him though? Would be the quickest contract for a while if he goes out
Although tbf he was effectively signed last season, we just had to fulfill the terms of that deal by signing him permanently over the summer.

Anyway, of course they'd be looking to complete the Chaplin deal before Saturday, given the deadline closes before Saturday!

CCFC_Charlie

Wouldn't surprise me if us signing JCH was a pre-arranged thing in January and Robins has changed his mind since. He had a positive impact when he came in, and I'm not sure we'd have got promoted without him, but he's not set the world alight and we can do better.

SkyblueBazza

God, I hope the nurse comes round with your meds soon.

How many of these 'loads of guaranteed' 20 goals a season are there???

The leading scorer tables don't suggest there are loads...& those who are consistent are are obviously picked up swiftly by higher level clubs.

I mean - there were 6 in L1 & L2 last season!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gazolba

Maybe we don't need a 20-goal a season striker. Maybe we need two 10-goal a season strikers and play them both at the same time.
It's a lot easier to mark one striker out of a game than two.
Pick any two from JCH, Biamou, Hiwula and Ponticelli. I know which two I would choose!

Otis

Taxi for Robins......

Had enough of this shite. Robins needs to go. Why should we continue to pay him a good wage when we have several on SBT that know much more than him and would bring in a much better striker.
Totally agree and while this player hasn't even pulled a shirt on for us yet, he clearly, clearly isn't good enough and not only is Robins totally clueless, but so too Bristol Rovers, who were also interested.

Both managers of both clubs should be immediately sacked.

Magwitch

Do think it very possible either JCH or Biamou are on the move, stranger things have happened and todays transfer market is just that strange. Loan market is on until end of August too.

BackRoomRummermill

How many of these 'loads of guaranteed' 20 goals a season are there???

The leading scorer tables don't suggest there are loads...& those who are consistent are are obviously picked up swiftly by higher level clubs.

I mean - there were 6 in L1 & L2 last season!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yep

covfanman

This thread has turned into some weird witch hunt which really plays into the style of evaluation the fans at this club love: apportion blame, moan and then when a lack of support affects a player, claim you were right all along.

This is the same thing that happened to adebola, man was slated, I was about 16 when I watched him play for us for the first time and remember two blokes in front of me in corner of west terrace slating him after three touches, even making gorilla chants, I didn’t realise it straight away but looking back absolutely disgusted me. Then what happened? He flourished because the managers got the best out of him.

Give the man a chance and afford Robins the opportunjty to show us what he sees, you don’t get promoted on luck alone. it takes planning and effort, something robins puts in and the players take away.

#2cents

larry_david

I really want to like jch. But how can we when he tumbles over all the time. The worst thing is when he fell over on sat people around actually shouted in uproar for a free kick. Fucking embarrassing

matesx

I really want to like jch. But how can we when he tumbles over all the time. The worst thing is when he fell over on sat people around actually shouted in uproar for a free kick. Fucking embarrassing

The odd goal be nice too.

Users who are viewing this thread