Am I the eldest member of SBT at 72 ? (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

Just wondering what the ages are of some of the regular posters on SBT ? Just curious as some don't seem to grasp that at 72 and an OAP I am not as able as I would like to be now to go to away games. In my younger days, I went to every away game, even to Europe to support the Sky Blues in Munich.
Age does have it's limitations now unfortunately, as do finances.

superskyblue

Have you turned 72 today?
Posted 15 hours ago
'I'm approaching 72 years of age, having been ever-present at CCFC since 1952 until this season.'
Happy birthday VoR!

skybluejelly

I think once you get to 70 ..when you speak to strangers you tend to start off conversations with your age..always remember growing up when my grandparents used to speak to other pensioners it was a mass conversation of I'm 76 this year ... Really I'm 82 ... And on and on ..

May you both have many more years supporting the skyblues... Hopefully back in coventry

torchomatic

It is acually my birthday today. Saw my first game 41 years ago today.

Just wondering what the ages are of some of the regular posters on SBT ? Just curious as some don't seem to grasp that at 72 and an OAP I am not as able as I would like to be now to go to away games. In my younger days, I went to every away game, even to Europe to support the Sky Blues in Munich.

Right up behind you old timer (19/04/43) - struggling a bit with restricted mobility but will not deter me from supporting SP and his fabulous team.

blueflint

saw my first game at 5 yrs old sneaked in to highfield rd with my older bro 1952 just before xmass

japandy

Dont always agree with you but do most of the time over the years. I took you for a younger man as your passion is ageless and timeless, but opinion pre-historic, lol. At this moment n time I think our philosophy has to be 'unselfishness' so we understand all sides of the equation.

Johnnythespider

Forgetting all the other reasons why you would struggle to get to away games VOR unless you can stand for 90 mins or get a seat on the front row you wouldn't see much of the game. I'm a 49 year old spring chicken but I reckon we're all 21 when we score.

Voice_of_Reason

Forgetting all the other reasons why you would struggle to get to away games VOR unless you can stand for 90 mins or get a seat on the front row you wouldn't see much of the game. I'm a 49 year old spring chicken but I reckon we're all 21 when we score.

I had a car accident that required major surgery on my eye and therefore you are right, my eyesight was damaged so I have that to contend with as well. To those who say I am a sympathy seeker or wallowing in self pity I would say don't comment unless you know all the facts. When you reach my age and have supported the Bantams to become the Sky Blues for 61 years, until this season all home games and until 5 years ago every away game maybe you might just understand please ?

Ripbuster

I'm not far behind you VOR..:)

Don't take the comments from the young whipper snappers to heart..We both probably got shoes older than them :)

skybluefred

Agree with your post age does slow you down, although if you are lucky the brain still functions O/K.
Sorry your are not the oldest on the forum but I'm not that much older that I could call you sonny Jim lol.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Phew! I thought for a while I was old but now, after reading some of these posts I feel like a young whippersnapper! (I'm 60, by the way) :p

DazzleTommyDazzle

Very true.

My Dad is 83 and had a season ticket at the Ricoh.

Took him to Shrewsbury, but there's no way he can stand for 90 minutes and so initially all he could see was peoples' backs. Fortunately, everyone on the row was kind enough to move along so that he could sit on the end and get a decent view.

Houchens Head

I bet you feel older after the last couple of days- has the IOW recovered from the storms?

There's only three main roads going across the whole island, from west to east, and two were blocked with fallen trees and closed off for most of the day. Ferry crossings were badly disrupted as well. Also Yarmouth was flooded badly. (see pics below)

Flooded Yarmouth village

Ferry boarding lanes

Ferry entrance

There's only three main roads going across the whole island, from west to east, and two were blocked with fallen trees and closed off for most of the day. Ferry crossings were badly disrupted as well. Also Yarmouth was flooded badly. (see pics below)

Flooded Yarmouth village

Ferry boarding lanes

Ferry entrance

I love the Isle of Wight, Baz I'm really jealous.

Houchens Head

I love the Isle of Wight, Baz I'm really jealous.

You wouldn't at the moment Rich! Winters are really shite - even more so than the mainland! We just get on with it though!

skybluedan

You wouldn't at the moment Rich! Winters are really shite - even more so than the mainland! We just get on with it though!
Yeah I love the Isle of Wight as well, my friends own Charnwood there and get over every now and again the last time I was in ventnor I think it was called ,a good laugh and I was even more amazed in one area they had a wimpy
I'm in jersey and it's still been 18-20 degrees here in the day bit windy though at night

covmark

But it's brilliant when you're on the ferry waving hello to it.

Grew up there, family still live in Yarmouth. Must admit I don't mind a flying visit and it is a very scenic place, but in winter it just closes down. The over-riding feeling I had when I lived there was boredom so I guess that's how I still view it.

Houchens Head

Grew up there, family still live in Yarmouth. Must admit I don't mind a flying visit and it is a very scenic place, but in winter it just closes down. The over-riding feeling I had when I lived there was boredom so I guess that's how I still view it.

I'm into my 4th year here now, Covmark. Yeah, I agree, there are times when I get up and think "What shall I do today?". Being retired doesn't help. I fish a lot - sea fishing in the summer, coarse fishing at the moment until April/May time. Might do the odd evening fish from Yarmouth pier. But apart from that, me and the missus go for loads of walks and might hop on a bus to another town for the day (saves on fuel and it's free for us!).Have thought about moving back to the mainland but not Cov. Took me years to leave!

mrtrench

I'm into my 4th year here now, Covmark. Yeah, I agree, there are times when I get up and think "What shall I do today?". Being retired doesn't help. I fish a lot - sea fishing in the summer, coarse fishing at the moment until April/May time. Might do the odd evening fish from Yarmouth pier. But apart from that, me and the missus go for loads of walks and might hop on a bus to another town for the day (saves on fuel and it's free for us!).Have thought about moving back to the mainland but not Cov. Took me years to leave!

What a lovely story.

Users who are viewing this thread