Am I going mad or betfred rip me off (1 Viewer)

jon92

I had a bet on the 12:55 at Kempton I bet the horses which come 1st and 2nd and done a £12,50 reverse forecast which cost in total £25. It came in and went to collect my winnings and only got back £24 it's only a pound less but surely I should get atleast my stake back and abit more. Surely you wouldn't bet to win less?

jon92

Ok fair enough just confused me, I would only normally do a straight win but thought try a forecast for a change

Scho

So whats the point of the reverse bet then ? Coming in 1st and 2nd and you lose money !!!!!!

jon92

I picked two horses for example horse 1 and horse 2, a straight forecast would mean they have to come 1st: horse 1 and 2nd: horse 2, whereas a reverse would mean they could come either way 1st/2nd

Scho

Still don't make much sense that they come in and you lose money, so they came in as they should you were always going to lose money?

TheRoyalScam

A reverse forecast is in essence two separate and different bets - you won £24 on one of them (£11.50 plus your £12.50 stake back = £24) and lost on the other one (£12.50).

skybluejelly

you would have been better off sticking the £25 on the 1-6 on favourite...as others have said a reverse forecast is 2 bets ..a to beat b and b to beat a.

you live and learn

BackRoomRummermill

So what ODDS did you get then ? sounds very low for a forcast win to get less than even money.

Can you tell me the details and I will check

skybluejelly

ladbrookes were doing a special offer of even money for simonsig to beat hinterland...so i can imagine that the normal odds were still odds on..

BackRoomRummermill

Basically mate it was your 1 to 6 on that buggured you, if the 4-1 would have won you would have done ok. At least you covered your bet with a little loss against maybe winning 4 x that amount

It does not work like an accumulator, but the crazy odds on at 6- 1 on I would always stay clear of.

Can i ask were there only 3 or 4 horses in the race?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I used to do a reverse forecast on the greyhounds. Always had trap 1 & trap 6, no matter what the odds and what dogs were running. Won a fair few quid like like!

Users who are viewing this thread