Allsopp (1 Viewer)

Gint11

I just can't fathom the Burge situation. He doesn't get a chance much but when he does he ruins it, doesn't seem good enough or ready. Regarding Allsopp, he doesn't have much confidence, bad decision maker, doesn't command his area (for his size that's strange) so all in all I'd send him back. In saying that, our back 4 doesn't help him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Time to get someone a bit more experienced with a wise head.. where is that old boy Murphy? Oh yeah..

I watched the football league show back yesterday and caught 'Uddersfield's game. Looks like Smithies is back in goal for them. Not sure why as thought Murphy had pushed him out the side after a few bad results.

still unlikely he' come back though

skybluejelly

What we have really missed this year with allsop .. Is that when we give a penalty away he gets nowhere near it .. When murphy was in goal you always thought he would save it.. If budge gets his chance lets just hope he proves what a good goalie we thought he was when he was doing it for nuneaton

Nick

Administrator
What we have really missed this year with allsop .. Is that when we give a penalty away he gets nowhere near it .. When murphy was in goal you always thought he would save it.. If budge gets his chance lets just hope he proves what a good goalie we thought he was when he was doing it for nuneaton
He has had a chance, he was awful.

ecky

If I was Allsop I wouldn't want to come back to this joke of a club ccfc.

Pressley is in big trouble as him and Waggott should have sorted this out weeks ago... Burge is not the answer

So Allsop has gone back to being 3rd choice at Bournemouth and out of contract in 6 months, rather than play first team football here, putting himself in the shop window at the same time? Something is definitely wrong behind the scenes.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
So Allsop has gone back to being 3rd choice at Bournemouth and out of contract in 6 months, rather than play first team football here, putting himself in the shop window at the same time? Something is definitely wrong behind the scenes.

Maybe if the manager had bothered to speak with him BEFORE the end if his deal he may have felt a bit more welcome. But I think the CET article today confirms Pressley only plans to speak with him this week, ie after the expiry of his loan. Would you wait around? I don't think I would

torchomatic

Maybe so. However, I can't think that we can blame SP for this. Allsop was number one and guaranteed to play every game. He's gone back to Bournemouth to convince the manager he deserves another contract? Madness. He's one of those players who has spent his career on loan at other clubs. There is no way he will be number one at Bournemouth particularly if they get promoted.

If he doesn't fancy it here and wants an easy life then fair enough, I can't see it can be anything more than that.

Maybe if the manager had bothered to speak with him BEFORE the end if his deal he may have felt a bit more welcome. But I think the CET article today confirms Pressley only plans to speak with him this week, ie after the expiry of his loan. Would you wait around? I don't think I would

larry_david

Notice Burge is in goal for under 21's today with a younger keeper on the bench. No Reice Cook...is he being readied for Saturday?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Maybe so. However, I can't think that we can blame SP for this. Allsop was number one and guaranteed to play every game. He's gone back to Bournemouth to convince the manager he deserves another contract? Madness. He's one of those players who has spent his career on loan at other clubs. There is no way he will be number one at Bournemouth particularly if they get promoted.

If he doesn't fancy it here and wants an easy life then fair enough, I can't see it can be anything more than that.

But how could we not put blame on SP for this? He's had ample of time to have a chat with Allsopp to see what his intentions are. Sounds like that 'chat' hasn't taken place. If Allsopp had said on such a chat 'I want to go back' then fair enough, but I get the impression he's saying it now because he doesn't feel wanted. For the manager to offer to speak with someone after he's left the club is beyond me

torchomatic

We need to make up our minds. He was shit not long ago and we were having a go at SP for signing him. Now for letting him go...

Nonleagueherewecome

We need to make up our minds. He was shit not long ago and we were having a go at SP for signing him. Now for letting him go...

He was shit, he got better after being dropped (actually good man-management by SP) and has since become one of our more reliable players. The manager failed to make him feel appreciated enough and he feels that he's better off taking the "mad" move of trying to get into the Bournemouth team rather then being here. It's the last part that annoys us. We've done the hard work of improving him as a player and taken the knocks whilst he learnt from his mistakes but we won't get to reap the benefit of that improvement until the end of the season. Credit to Pressley-and probably Oggy-for improving him, but a pox on Pressley for not having him signed up for the rest of the season-or at least letting him go because we have someone better lined up, rather than him rejecting us.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Your right, he was shit at first, but is now much improved. Don't see him as a long term prospect for us, but wouldn't have been against us atleast giving him the option to stay on a little bit longer.

torchomatic

I'm on my phone so haven't got the exact quote but i got the "impression" that he had made up his mind that he wanted to go back to Bournemouth and try and get a new contract. I presumed he had decided to return whatever Pressley said. Happy to be corrected, of course.

Your right, he was shit at first, but is now much improved. Don't see him as a long term prospect for us, but wouldn't have been against us atleast giving him the option to stay on a little bit longer.

wingy

It's quite likely he's got a better loan lined up or he's free to sign a pre contract this month
Maybe?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I'm on my phone so haven't got the exact quote but i got the "impression" that he had made up his mind that he wanted to go back to Bournemouth and try and get a new contract. I presumed he had decided to return whatever Pressley said. Happy to be corrected, of course.

Will never know I guess. Can speculate using quotes as much as we like but will never get to know the true feeling between the two

Users who are viewing this thread