Allsop 1st choice?? (1 Viewer)

Del Boy 82

6 league games in now an allsop has started them all, burge started both cup games. Cannot see why SP is rating allsop as the 1st choice keeper at the minute, with only last night the 1st time I've personally watched him other than highlights, he seemed to lack any confidence in his ability to command his area. Surly this is a must for any keeper of any age an experience. Sure he's pulled off a few great saves this season already but I'm sure burge has better all round ability. Plus we're developing another clubs keeper when burge was told this is his year. On reflection I think we've been spoilt in our previous 2 keepers the last few years!! However in pressley I trust. PUSB.

Grendel

How many clean sheets has he managed vs joe murphy out of interest ?

RFC

Are you having A laugh? No obviously not, guess you've seen sorry no you haven't .

cornoccfc

I don't rate Allsop or Burge, so I'd rather see the one we actually own get regular games.

stupot07

I'd rather have a more experienced keeper but Allsop (as part of the defensive unit) has kept 3 cleansheets in 6 league games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Grendel

Del Boy 82

I believe last night was his 3rd clean sheet? My point was part of his goalkeeping duties is command his area, an I didn't see him do that once, keepers slate their players even if it's a keepers mistake, allsop made a few an just turned away. Was hardly a call to his defence to say my ball. Was last night a one off?? Big crowd their. I'd just rather ccfc use burge an develop him who is contracted to ccfc

ccfc92

Other than Johnson what defending personel have changed?

Willis is playing more regularly. A different formation completely. JC played in position, not LB. Haynes is now in the first team more, and we have a back up LB in Pugh. We had 2 RB's. 3 decent CB's.

I'm only pointing out our defense is a lot different/better this year, so hard to gauge if we have a good GK in Allsop.

D

Deleted member 2477

The usual sarcastic obnoxious self rfc. The op was making a valid point unlike the usual shit you come up with.
do us a favour and go watch Northampton

I thought he was ok at Bradford and steady last night. But watching the Sky coverage today I was surprised to see how little confidence he has. His failure to be commanding led to a couple of misunderstandings which could be costly on other days. No organising, no shouting, no directing. Not good enough for me.

Grendel

Willis is playing more regularly. A different formation completely. JC played in position, not LB. Haynes is now in the first team more, and we have a back up LB in Pugh. We had 2 RB's. 3 decent CB's.

I'm only pointing out our defense is a lot different/better this year, so hard to gauge if we have a good GK in Allsop.

Willis played 28 games last season.

Del Boy 82

I thought he was ok at Bradford and steady last night. But watching the Sky coverage today I was surprised to see how little confidence he has. His failure to be commanding led to a couple of misunderstandings which could be costly on other days. No organising, no shouting, no directing. Not good enough for me.

I noticed it last night but having watched it back tonight with my son an it highlighted his errors more. To hesitant to come collect to often.

ccfc92

Willis played 28 games last season.

we had a back 4 last season of :

Willis J.Clarke (Webster/Seaborne) Adams

With Phillips and Haynes playing the odd games.

There's 2 players gone to answer your "what personnel has changed"

We now have:

JC Willis Webster RJ Haynes.

JC playing in his natural RB/RWB position, not CB/LB/ST. Johnson obviously. And Haynes/ Pugh coming in. Hardly one player is it?

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

Allsopp doesnt come for the ball and he doesnt call for a ball when he does come which is what led to the reda mistake early in the 2nd half. Reda Johnson and Webster are the reason we have had 3 clean sheets in the league so far. (wasn't at mk but i hear allsopp had a good game so possibly that 1 was on him). as far as goalkeepers go i dont think we can compete as a top 6 team without loaning in an experienced keeper or at least one who comes for corners

mattylad

Allsopp doesnt come for the ball and he doesnt call for a ball when he does come which is what led to the reda mistake early in the 2nd half. Reda Johnson and Webster are the reason we have had 3 clean sheets in the league so far. (wasn't at mk but i hear allsopp had a good game so possibly that 1 was on him). as far as goalkeepers go i dont think we can compete as a top 6 team without loaning in an experienced keeper or at least one who comes for corners

Allsopp did call but Reda clearly had no confidence in him taking the ball. Can't say I have seen enough of him to make judgement but 22 is very young to be a first team keeper and with Burge being even younger is probably not the answer. Must be some keepers of more experience looking for games.

im-confused

Who the hell cares? Both keepers are young and want to get games, and Pressley gets to pick his team - not us! We are only a few games in, and for all we know, Burge could play for the rest of the season.. who knows?!

ccfc92

Who the hell cares? Both keepers are young and want to get games, and Pressley gets to pick his team - not us! We are only a few games in, and for all we know, Burge could play for the rest of the season.. who knows?!

Okay.

Close the forum down now Nick. No CCFC discussions amongst CCFC fans permitted.

Del Boy 82

A lot of error's last night... I hope it was just nerve's due to the occasion...

SP an oggy must see something in allsop at training after all oggy has been working with burge for a while. So he'd no if he was ready. Could prove a weak link this season if position is not addressed. Hope it was just the occasion.

mattylad

Tomasz Kuszczak is on a free...might be able to afford him for one game with our salary cap

skybluedan

Tomasz Kuszczak is on a free...might be able to afford him for one game with our salary cap
My judgements are still out with allsop,but let's wait and see. Got to admit would of liked a more experienced keeper like a kuszczak or paddy kenny if he got fit. Or funnily enough bywater

skybluepm2

I watched Burge at Wycombe and he was lacking in confidence and kicking dreadful. That isn't to say he won't get better and I think SP is edging him in by using him in the cup competitions. Our goals against column is far superior to what it was last year and you have to have to applaud the defence for that, which Allsop is certainly part of. He's no Joe Murphy but he'll do a job. Not the long term solution though.

johnwillomagic

Neither fit to lace Murphy's boots - however suspect Murphy was on a fair whack and as has been pointed out we may have used wages to strengthen defensive unit as a whole. Of the two still prefer Allsop to Burge so happy for him to continue with Burge getting exposure in JPT/Cup games.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
He doesn't fill me with confidence. His kicking is poor, he doesn't like crosses, not very confident at catching, doesn't seem to be vocal enough (Bradford away where Clarke put the ball out of play unnecessarily and similar instance on Friday when Johnson put it out with Allsopp inches away from him and should have made it his ball).

credit where it's due though, he's not a bad shot stopper and seems to do ok in 1 v 1 situations.

Last edited:

mark82

I liked it when he kicked it miles out and went mental nobody was near it!

That was hilarious.

He didn't fill me with confidence the whole game, but may have been nerves. Likely the biggest crowd he has played in front of.

Users who are viewing this thread