Allen injury (2 Viewers)

pusbccfc

1707308273539.png

The last time we made the FA Cup Quarter Finals...

skybluegod

The handball rule is ridiculous (I think - I’m not too sure what it is anymore) and will no doubt be changed again soon.

I guess part of the game, at least in my lifetime, has always been about fans having a moan about decisions, and discussions about how the ref has interpreted something.

I think VAR was supposed to end this but it seems to have created more. For me it should only be used for offsides, as this seems to be something which can’t be contested…you’ve got a toe offside? Tough shit it’s still offside.

Agreed, and I think most referees are happy with the fact that some decisions they make will be contentious.

But I know from speaking to some of the top refs in England, they agree on VAR. They don't enjoy when they get appointed to VAR, and in general they want it to be for factual calls not subjective ones. The only ones it can really get correct are ball in and out of play and offsides as you say.

Astute

This is the reality of football and implementing rules of the games. Refereeing directives will attempt to adapt to the general feeling within football, but people never want what they say they want.
If it's your own player you're more likely to see a tackle as a good tackle. If it's against your own player you're more likely to see it as a foul 😂

fernandopartridge

Tried to keep my powder dry on Wednesday but wtf are *some* of these roasters on about?

They monkey chant Palmer, Diaby headbutts Kitch, they boo the knee, Bernard puts Allen in an ambulance and Bannans.....just Bannan.

And apparently we're `entitled'?

More trouble with Coventry.
They're got a massive inferiority complex masquerading as a superiority one.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

alexccfc99

Yep, remember the fall out with Sheffield United fans.
They said a few nasty things about us having bad owners - I can tolerate that, it’s part and parcel of football

What I can’t tolerate is one of our players being racially abused, booed by the same set of supporters the week after then one of our players behind (without beating round the bush) assaulted - and their fans trying to justify it

Absolute crop of arseholes

Terry_dactyl

Agreed, and I think most referees are happy with the fact that some decisions they make will be contentious.

But I know from speaking to some of the top refs in England, they agree on VAR. They don't enjoy when they get appointed to VAR, and in general they want it to be for factual calls not subjective ones. The only ones it can really get correct are ball in and out of play and offsides as you say.
Yeah, if VAR creates more subjective calls, what’s the point!
Although it did also give us that great moment in the playoff final…

skybluegod

If it's your own player you're more likely to see a tackle as a good tackle. If it's against your own player you're more likely to see it as a foul 😂

Speaking as a referee things like that never bother me it's to be expected as you say 😂

It's when the pundits like linekar contradict themselves by asking for law changes they change and then they say whoever made them got it wrong 😂

Cheylesmore ITK

If we do get in the play offs and go up i'd enjoy sending your U21s there in whatever the checkatrade trophy is called these days.

steve cooper

Bong got a 3 game retrospective ban for doing almost the same thing to O'Hare didn't he.
The only difference was, he was caught on close-up film.

PVA

Bong got a 3 game retrospective ban for doing almost the same thing to O'Hare didn't he.
The only difference was, he was caught on close-up film.

Yes I think it will depend on there being some other footage.

I don't think they will do anything based on that clip. As obvious as it may be, I think they would need a close up to enforce any retrospective action.

Warwickhunt

It needs to be looked at, but will have to hope there is footage capturing it.

Not great if it means he's potentially out for the rest of the season. (I doubt it but that's what telegraph have reported it could be)
Seen the replay of the incident so MR has got proof to go to the FA with

Warwickhunt

Yes I think it will depend on there being some other footage.

I don't think they will do anything based on that clip. As obvious as it may be, I think they would need a close up to enforce any retrospective action.
I think it would have been captured by city cameras just above the press section

robbiethemole

Just a thug, came at him from side, so Allen had no chance of defending himself if he even knew he was there, it was so late.
The game was lost, and the ball had been passed away, so not even a chance of making a tackle!!

Although I don't like Rugby, especially after the Wasps shitshow, Their disciplinary code is so much better, looked at straight away and if retrospectively a ban issued.
Have we made a formal complaint to the FA yet??

slowpoke

Pulling shirts and obvious fouls are just the game
Elbowing someone in added time on the blind side of the ref after the ball has gone is a whole other level of absolute twat!
Deserves banning
Blind side of the ref
: He yellow carded him so he had to of seen something

steve cooper

This is the moment of contact, so although the ref was looking in that direction, there was no way he had a proper view of the contact.

allen.png

Reactions: PVA

Users who are viewing this thread