All the moans about strikers (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Waste of money, donkeys, Robins can't spend money, needed a creative midfielder instead, should've spent Hamer money, Kelly too negative ....

All of these could be true, I've gone through that this past week when I expected better from Hull and Cardiff, yet despite everything, the creative side getting a kicking, let's not forget we scored in both games, both away, led for a long time at Hull and if we'd kept clean sheets then we'd have 6 points. Is it as bad as we're all thinking? Get that settled back 5 then stick with it, then we only need to nick 1 to win games. Matty is on form, Allen back, Cal nearly ready and I still believe Simms will come good once he gets his first.

napolimp

Waste of money, donkeys, Robins can't spend money, needed a creative midfielder instead, should've spent Hamer money, Kelly too negative ....

All of these could be true, I've gone through that this past week when I expected better from Hull and Cardiff, yet despite everything, the creative side getting a kicking, let's not forget we scored in both games, both away, led for a long time at Hull and if we'd kept clean sheets then we'd have 6 points. Is it as bad as we're all thinking? Get that settled back 5 then stick with it, then we only need to nick 1 to win games. Matty is on form, Allen back, Cal nearly ready and I still believe Simms will come good once he gets his first.

100% agree with this. Can't really score 11 from 7 and say your forward line is rubbish. If anything should be looking at why we're leaking so many, especially after last season.

Warwickhunt

the strikers will come good eventually and soon as we get the midfield sorted to pass through the lines they will pickup i am sure! however i dont believe its asking too much for them to use basic skills and hold and sheild the ball! or am i being unfair with my assessment?

steve cooper

I'm wondering if both Wright and Simms might be questioning why they came here considering some of our performances, and the limited chances they have had on the field and game time, especially considering we were two kicks away from the premier league last season. Both should be good players at this level.

clint van damme

Mental gymnastics about how it's the strikers fault we're conceding incoming......

ProfessorbyGrace

Well, they may come good, they may not. The signs (especially with Wright) are not that encouraging.

I’d like to pose the question: will the strikers ‘come good’ regardless of the midfield issues? And the total lack of quality service in general. As it appears Godden is doing what he does best and poaching goals, rather than someone like Wright and Simms who actually require some level of service. 🤷‍♂️

steve101

The issue causing concern is the quality observed so far, given the huge outlay and lengthy contracts. Some signings are more of a gamble than others. Wright is a massive gamble. It is fair to say that 11 goals from 7 games is okay, but when only 1 of those comes from Simms and Wright combined, it is a concern. I will be delighted if and when they start performing.

PVA

Yes I agree.

I said it in the match thread, but Wright and Palmer were getting all the stick (and plenty of it deserved), but the defence needs to stand up too.

5 goals scored against Watford and Cardiff and just one point to show for it.

Godiva

We have a new team - a complete overhaul. All the new players are talented, but they need time to adapt to the style of play Robins want. They need to learn their place and responsibilies on the field. And the players around them need to learn where to find them - where they run to.
You may say the new boys have proven their worth earlier in other teams, so why wouldn't they just hit the ground running? Sure, but if that's what you expected, you never played yourself!
We have overall better players and more quality in depth than last season, yet we most likely won't be up there at the end of this season. Our defense need to stablize around Lati, Kitching and Thomas as we phase out McFad. It means a somewhat brittle defense and fewer clean sheets for a while.
In midfield we obvious miss Hamer, and it will be intestering to see if O'Hare can come back at full strength.
I really think we have adeqaute replacements for Gyo in Haji and Simms, but they need time to become part of the fabric of our attack. Without the service from the midfield they look like donkeys. It's not a mystery why it's Godden who gets all the goals!
Last season we overperformed to some extent and the playoffs were cheap on points. This season may not be the same, but it's clear we are building for the future. So please don't panic, be patience. The results will come! Haji and Simms will start to score and it will be summer again next year.

Philosorapter

We have a new team - a complete overhaul. All the new players are talented, but they need time to adapt to the style of play Robins want. They need to learn their place and responsibilies on the field. And the players around them need to learn where to find them - where they run to.
You may say the new boys have proven their worth earlier in other teams, so why wouldn't they just hit the ground running? Sure, but if that's what you expected, you never played yourself!
We have overall better players and more quality in depth than last season, yet we most likely won't be up there at the end of this season. Our defense need to stablize around Lati, Kitching and Thomas as we phase out McFad. It means a somewhat brittle defense and fewer clean sheets for a while.
In midfield we obvious miss Hamer, and it will be intestering to see if O'Hare can come back at full strength.
I really think we have adeqaute replacements for Gyo in Haji and Simms, but they need time to become part of the fabric of our attack. Without the service from the midfield they look like donkeys. It's not a mystery why it's Godden who gets all the goals!
Last season we overperformed to some extent and the playoffs were cheap on points. This season may not be the same, but it's clear we are building for the future. So please don't panic, be patience. The results will come! Haji and Simms will start to score and it will be summer again next year.
Someone who talks sense.

Remember ccfc is on the first year of a 3-4 year cycle.

Adge

With the Championship being as strong as it is this season (probably the toughest in a decade) and us punching above our weight last season-an unreasonable expectation was talked about before a ball was kicked of “going one better”
This was magnified even more with us spending a few quid on Simms and Wright (who will hopefully both deliver) who have now according to some people become crap overnight.
Oh for the days when we were signing Nathan Delfounsio-Andre Wright-Marcus Tudgay and Nathan Ecclestone et al…..
The more sensible knew it was a transitional season and a comfortable mid-table finish will be a success.

Users who are viewing this thread