Alex Nimely (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Knew palace were doing well but already in the premiership?

Grendel

kg82

Word is that Utd are signing him for nearly £15m.

I heard. What I will say is the absolute tripe spewed about City spending their way to the title and United doing it the right way is clearly not working here! £15 million for a player who's only played in the Championship (and a fleeting glimpse in an England shirt in some non-descript game) is not what I would call being savvy!

Brighton Sky Blue

The big difference kg is that Utd's wealth followed their success rather than precluding it. One club became successful the old fashioned way, the other just chucked oil money at it.

kg82

The big difference kg is that Utd's wealth followed their success rather than precluding it. One club became successful the old fashioned way, the other just chucked oil money at it.

Fair enough. I just hate this misleading argument about how City have spent their way to the top but Utd haven't! United spent big sums back in the late 80's/early 90's for players that won them the title - Schmeichel, Bruce, Pallister, Robson, Hughes, Cantona. All of these cost a lot of money for back then!

Grendel

Fair enough. I just hate this misleading argument about how City have spent their way to the top but Utd haven't! United spent big sums back in the late 80's/early 90's for players that won them the title - Schmeichel, Bruce, Pallister, Robson, Hughes, Cantona. All of these cost a lot of money for back then!

United spend as much as city I would guess,

Brighton Sky Blue

Ah but Utd were a big club even then off the back of Busby's exploits. No Qatari oil tycoons ;)

kg82

Won't disagree with that! But they had gone a similar route to city - relegated in the 70s, not great in the 80's!

kg82

Aye, I'm not saying they weren't. I meant more hadn't won anything but thought they had a god given right to!

Brighton Sky Blue

Aye, I'm not saying they weren't. I meant more hadn't won anything but thought they had a god given right to!

Did you see Dalglish is being rehired? That guy could murder kittens and still be worshipped up there.

Users who are viewing this thread