Aldi beer (1 Viewer)

fellatio_Martinez

Only in Wetherspoons unfortunately. It’s one of the easiest lagers to drink I’ve had. Bit strong though.

I googled it and see it's 5.4% which would give off a nice buzz after a few but probably result in a trouser accident after ten.

I used to enjoy Tyskie which is a Polish beer around the 5.6% mark. It is really easy to drink but some bastard English brewery took over the UK brewing and have ruined it by reducing it to 4.8%. I've seen this happen with a load of decent European lagers.

hill83

I googled it and see it's 5.4% which would give off a nice buzz after a few but probably result in a trouser accident after ten.

I used to enjoy Tyskie which is a Polish beer around the 5.6% mark. It is really easy to drink but some bastard English brewery took over the UK brewing and have ruined it by reducing it to 4.8%. I've seen this happen with a load of decent European lagers.

I thought the percent drop was to do with import taxes, hence Stella being lower now. Could be wrong.

Side note. 20 cans of San Miguel for £7 in Tesco today, couldn’t say no but it tastes like actual feet. Non import.

fernandopartridge

I thought the percent drop was to do with import taxes, hence Stella being lower now. Could be wrong.

Side note. 20 cans of San Miguel for £7 in Tesco today, couldn’t say no but it tastes like actual feet. Non import.
Awful stuff is San Miguel even in Spain it isn't much better. Cruzcampo is my favourite Spanish lager

fellatio_Martinez

I'm pretty sure the likes of Inbev buy the rights to the brand in the UK and then brew it with a lower % because it's cheaper. I know Stella reduced their percentage partially for costs and because it had a bad rep and got the wife beater label.

I tried San Miguel a few years ago and thought it tasted like rats piss and it gave me a headache too.

W

westcountry_skyblue

I always check now to see if a European beer has been brewed over here or imported.
I'm a Heineken fan and all seems to come from Holland,Becks is now brewed over here which was my fav.
Aldi and Lidl own stuff is fab imo Cider/Scrumpy and 5% beers.
Oh quite partial to Estrella in bottles too,Not sure if the draught stuff is brewed here.

fellatio_Martinez

I always check now to see if a European beer has been brewed over here or imported.
I'm a Heineken fan and all seems to come from Holland,Becks is now brewed over here which was my fav.
Oh quite partial to Estrella in bottles too,Not sure if the draught stuff is brewed here.

That's what I do too. I hate when they mess with the recipe. It's not the same fucking drink but they still market it as being first produced in 1456 by monks or whatever.

Heineken is my go to session beer, if Budvar isn't available, as it's relatively flavoursome, easy to drink and affordable. If you're ever in Ireland don't go near it as it's 4.3% over there. No idea why but it tastes like a different drink.

Mahou is a decent Spanish beer. If you get it in Madrid where it's brewed and served in an iced glass it's hard to beat.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Their traditional farmhouse cider is made by Weston's in Herefordshire - IMHO the best cider producer in the land. They have to say who makes it so that they can use the PDO of traditional.

FWIW i really like Corona. Got into it while skiing in France last winter, and now my go-to lager at home (which isn't very often).

It fucking annoys me that you can go to France and virtualy all the beers are imported, but here they are all brewed under licence by AB-InBev, Heineken UK, Molson-Coors or fookin' Everards!

vow

This is my easy drinking life ruiner of choice.

10374522.jpg
You're in luck, Morrisons are doing it and some other's including Newcastle Brown, Bulmers Cider for just a Quid until Oct 1st.

3300019.jpg

hill83

You're in luck, Morrisons are doing it and some other's including Newcastle Brown, Bulmers Cider for just a Quid until Oct 1st.

3300019.jpg

Nice. Like a Newcastle Brown occasionally as well.

Reactions: vow

Sick Boy

Said it before on here but will say it again...

Ichnusa Non Filtrata- 5% by far my favourite and goes down a treat. Currently nursing a slight handover off it and got to fly later.

Otis

Said it before on here but will say it again...

Ichnusa Non Filtrata- 5% by far my favourite and goes down a treat. Currently nursing a slight handover off it and got to fly later.
You'll need cocaine or LSD.for that.

Users who are viewing this thread