Albany Meeting ? (3 Viewers)

pastythegreat

How many more times ?
A Phoenix club wasn’t discussed as a solution it got mentioned more than discussed as a WHAT IF scenario should things go beyond the wire, see fuck all wrong in that.
It wasn’t 100% popular, the prospect wasn’t 100% agreed, it was just a worst case scenerio
But that's not what the meeting was for!
The meeting was to figure out how to resolve the rent issue at the Ricoh, not to discuss how/where/when to bury CCFC and start afresh.
I was given good faith on here before the meeting that it was purely to come up with ideas for sorting out the rent agreement, from what I've read of it, it was a chance to talk about a phoenix club and to tell Tim Fisher he needs to resign.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

stupot07

Surely if the club are signing people for the summer now, they are confident they will exist in the summer?
Also, the embargo means not registering players. Its only a pre-contract agreement, he hasn't formally signed or registered for the league. If we went into a transfer embargo, we wouldnt be able to register or sign him properly regardless of the pre-contract agreement.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rob9872

They know they can't fill the ground just like they can't get a total boycott.
Btw you do realise all these other ideas you brought up came from supporters not the trust.
You keep harping on about a Phoenix Club everyone said they didn't want this but that it might happen.
And why did the supporter ask Tim to resign and what did he ask him to resign from?
That's my only mention of phoenix and it was your meeting suggested it rather than focus on saving the club. The only suggestion that you're actually dismissing is getting more fans to go to games. That says a lot about you and the trust. Your reason "it's been tried before" and yet you expect support for the ridiculous tabled notions none of which you can influence, none are new ideas. I don't recall there ever being a drive by you guys or anyone else to get people up there anyhow. Boycotts and protests yep but support nah that's more difficult.

rob9872

Also, the embargo means not registering players. Its only a pre-contract agreement, he hasn't formally signed or registered for the league. If we went into a transfer embargo, we wouldnt be able to register or sign him properly regardless of the pre-contract agreement.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Pity we didn't get an embargo pre Christmas and they could've cancelled Chaplin then

Mr Panda

For the comedy value I do like the idea of tangerine knights that one bloke brought to the table. Apparently a group of guys in Blackpool wear anonymous masks and Oyston is scared of setting foot in Blackpool.

Tickles me the idea of a Sky Blue equivalent. I can't believe middle aged men do this shit!

CJ_covblaze

starting a new club isn't a contingency plan in my eyes.
They are the Coventry city trust, starting a new club is nothing to do with CCFC as far as I'm concerned.

Part of the reason why supporters trusts are there is to have a back up plan like this. You'll find that a good proportion of the Trusts in the Premier League will have one.

CJ_covblaze

Wasn't it discussed right at the start pretty much? Also inferring there might be a deal at the ricoh for one?

Same bloke who told everybody if the club goes into admin the fans can pick up the bits and also boycotts home games

It might have come across differently from the text written about it.

See this is the reason why I'm consider sacking off doing text updates in future.

Nick

Administrator
See this is the reason why I'm consider sacking off doing text updates in future.

Don't think any of the comments are aimed at you personally.

It was quite early on in the meeting wasn't it? Which was the point that it came across a bit more than a side thought.

CJ_covblaze

But that's not what the meeting was for!
The meeting was to figure out how to resolve the rent issue at the Ricoh, not to discuss how/where/when to bury CCFC and start afresh.
I was given good faith on here before the meeting that it was purely to come up with ideas for sorting out the rent agreement, from what I've read of it, it was a chance to talk about a phoenix club and to tell Tim Fisher he needs to resign.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The vast majority of it was about what can be done. When things went off track Moz got on the mic and tried to steer it in the right direction. It's the start of an open dialogue and as I stated before the meeting any ideas anyone has will be welcomed. Email or PM them in. What do you have to lose by doing so?

Nick

Administrator
The vast majority of it was about what can be done. When things went off track Moz got on the mic and tried to steer it in the right direction. It's the start of an open dialogue and as I stated before the meeting any ideas anyone has will be welcomed. Email or PM them in. What do you have to lose by doing so?

Out of interest, did Dave's stuff get raised? If so, what was said? (obviously don't expect you to know word for word).

CJ_covblaze

Don't think any of the comments are aimed at you personally.

It was quite early on in the meeting wasn't it? Which was the point that it came across a bit more than a side thought.

You said about how it reads from the text. As I said I tried to get everything but if it comes across that way I'm sorry and I won't bother in future. It's counter productive.

Nick

Administrator
You said about how it reads from the text. As I said I tried to get everything but if it comes across that way I'm sorry and I won't bother in future. It's counter productive.

Yeah, I wasn't the only one who thought that and nobody is saying it is your fault.

CJ_covblaze

Fair enough. Don't think it's your fault (I'd do worse!) and the idea's great, but it maybe hasn't gone as intended this time through just bad luck or circumstance ;)

Still loved the streaming you used to do. Is that not an option anymore?

I thought about it and due to trying in the past with this sort of meeting it's quite difficult to implement. We'd need multiple cameras and a better platform than Periscope or YouTube. If anyone out there knows of a good way to do it get in touch. We've had pretty good numbers for the ones we've done so the potential audience is there.

CJ_covblaze

Yeah, I wasn't the only one who thought that and nobody is saying it is your fault.

And I was only saying as a few have brought it up. Not just yourself. It's counterproductive so what's the point?

Nick

Administrator
I thought about it and due to trying in the past with this sort of meeting it quite difficult to implement. We'd need multiple cameras and a better platform than Periscope or YouTube. If anyone out there knows of a good way to do it get in touch. We've had pretty good numbers for the ones we've done so the potential audience is there.

What's wrong with youtube live or Periscope?

I guess the issue would be moving the camera around to show who is talking and also picking up the sound.

You could put something on a tripod that spins round and move it and also have a half decent external mic on it.

Im by no means an AV expert but there will be people who know more about cameras / mics. Vloggers etc.

NorthernWisdom

I thought about it and due to trying in the past with this sort of meeting it's quite difficult to implement. We'd need multiple cameras and a better platform than Periscope or YouTube. If anyone out there knows of a good way to do it get in touch. We've had pretty good numbers for the ones we've done so the potential audience is there.
Out of interest, what goes wrong with Periscope? Was intending to use it myself for something, so an insight would be helpful if it saves me hassle!

shmmeee

Let’s be blunt here. The continuity of the club will depend not on Companies House but the FA.

clint van damme

Part of the reason why supporters trusts are there is to have a back up plan like this. You'll find that a good proportion of the Trusts in the Premier League will have one.

I appreciate that but I'm a little uneasy about starting a new club as a back up plan.
Wasn't there so perhaps this was only mentioned briefly and has been given too much significance.

Nick

Administrator
Saw a tweet from David Johnson on about a boycott again. I know he's just been with Blackpool fans so they'll show that a boycott doesn't really achieve anything.

Especially as his reason for boycotting home games doesn't even exist. (going off him telling an interview he doesn't go because he can't sit by his friends unless he buys a season ticket).

Fergusons_Beard

2 things.

A Phoenix club playing at the Ricoh is just Coventry without SISU.... (& most CCFC supporters). Smacks of when the trust backed the 10 point penalty deduction just to get rid of the owners (& THAT didn’t work either).

Also not one person has suggested staging protests at Wasps games. Wouldn’t that be more high profile and proactive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Especially as his reason for boycotting home games doesn't even exist. (going off him telling an interview he doesn't go because he can't sit by his friends unless he buys a season ticket).
I don't know the bloke, nor know what he looks like or anything, but I have heard so many stories about things he has said/done from various sources that suggest he is a collossal bell end. Is he actually part of the Trust? If they want to appear like they're actually worthwhile, why do they associate with people like this? It would be like the Arsenal Trust having the AFTV lot.

Nick

Administrator
2 things.

A Phoenix club playing at the Ricoh is just Coventry without SISU.... (& most CCFC supporters). Smacks of when the trust backed the 10 point penalty deduction just to get rid of the owners (& THAT didn’t work either).

Also not one person has suggested staging protests at Wasps games. Wouldn’t that be more high profile and proactive?

The biggest question is how does a club in Cov United's League (which is where Hereford started) pay to play at the Ricoh.

I have watched mates play in Cup Finals there at the same level where every player takes their family and friends and they just open the side by the dugouts and there's a couple of hundred max.

It will be the same as usual. I'd be very surprised if there is anything "negative" or even in a "negative tone" said about the Council or Wasps. The council leader knows this and even smugly gloated about it. He openly bullshitted about something and said he knows that public opinion is on his side and that was that.

M&B Stand

2 things.

A Phoenix club playing at the Ricoh is just Coventry United.

Grendel

You suggestion is a bit daft to be honest. ;)

This would be a new club formed out of the ashes of the old club, so a direct and tangible link to the original club and that is entirely different to a club that is already in existence and has existed independently for over 70 years.

Which other clubs have gone bust and reformed. Anyone know of a list?

There is a massive difference between clubs like Newport who went under with massive financial difficulties

There seems to be some desire for this to happen amongst some people as some kind of utopia to rid the club of sisu and let Johnson and his merry men sit on the board of a football club, something I would fundamentally oppose. It’s a pipe dream to suggest thousands would support the club and bewildering that Wasps would become a registered charity and allow the club to play there (as the club wouldn’t be able to afford any form of rent and match day costs)

It’s equaly bewildering anyone would want to ever set foot in a place again which is owned by the very people who would have bought the club down

I’m out

Fergusons_Beard

The biggest question is how does a club in Cov United's League (which is where Hereford started) pay to play at the Ricoh.

I have watched mates play in Cup Finals there at the same level where every player takes their family and friends and they just open the side by the dugouts and there's a couple of hundred max.

It will be the same as usual. I'd be very surprised if there is anything "negative" or even in a "negative tone" said about the Council or Wasps. The council leader knows this and even smugly gloated about it. He openly bullshitted about something and said he knows that public opinion is on his side and that was that.

Agree Nick-I’ve said a million times that if this was any other major city in the country the public would not let a Rugby Club take over the home Football Clubs ground-the scandal and backlash would be huge.

Another big city council wouldn’t ever dare go against a city football team either. But it’s all been about egos and personality not the real issue. There’s been plenty of shit owners of football clubs but only in Coventry has this lead to our current sad state of affairs. Only in Coventry is anti football club diatribe been hoovered up by a whole City’s apathy.

Terrible to say that about my home town but true.

Users who are viewing this thread