Alan smith (1 Viewer)

Blazes

Hi all what's your view on Alan smith joining the sky blues on a free from my dons

RoboCCFC90

I'd be shocked if Alan Smith did join us..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoboCCFC90

Never could keep track of Alan smith is this the ex Newcastle and man u bloke?

Yup. Played for Leeds as well..

I think he would be good for us, can't see him signing for us though.

SlowerThanPlatt

Past his best. Feel we would just be a final pay packet club for him. Wouldn't cost a lot after what he must have earnt at Man U and Newcastle, but probably turn out to be a Sherwood or De Zeeuw

Or Kilbane. Though he did score a cracking goal against Birmingham.

stupot07

No thanks. has only been deemed fit or good enough to start 23 league games since in the last two season since his permanent move to MK dons , and only featured in 24 of their 46 league games last season - was he injured or not good enough for the other 22 league games?

Will be 34 in October too. No point wasting wages on a 'big name' player who will be mainly warming the bench.

And look at our last 'big name' PL veteran: Kevin Kilbane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlueSid

If we sign Alan Smith, it is more likely to be the former Arsenal one who commentates for Sky.

More in our price range, I reckon. Downside is that he is 51.

torchomatic

Nah, not for me.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Moff

Or Kilbane. Though he did score a cracking goal against Birmingham.

As well as that goal, Kilbane also didn't try and rip the club off, and retired rather than see down his contract. I have a lot of respect for him for that, as he could quite easily have just taken the cash until the season end, but decided enough was enough.

He seems to be now making a good career for himself as a pundit and comes across pretty well. I wish him the best of luck.

FRY-CCFC

Very much In the model of their manager ,Who's done a good job for them over half a season.

They can have him IMO.

They have a very youthful squad so need a few experienced heads. Derry building in the mould of warnock imo

Terry Gibson's perm

As well as that goal, Kilbane also didn't try and rip the club off, and retired rather than see down his contract. I have a lot of respect for him for that, as he could quite easily have just taken the cash until the season end, but decided enough was enough.

He seems to be now making a good career for himself as a pundit and comes across pretty well. I wish him the best of luck.

I agree with this he could have sat here doing nothing like others have but he was big enough to see that it had gone and retired.

RoboCCFC90

Apparently this has just been on SSN and it has been said we are in "Advanced Negotiations" I am going to look out for it before I go out.. I'll post a pic if I see it.

RoboCCFC90

I had to go out before I could see the Championship news..

sw88

Chief Commentator!

I agree Moff. Could quite easily have done a Keith O'Neil

Terry Gibson's perm

I agree Moff. Could quite easily have done a Keith O'Neil

Tim Sherwood as well, KON was probably one of the most injury prone players we had, I am sure in one of his appearances he came on as a sub and within a few minutes was leaning against the post stretching his hamstring and went off a few minutes later.

FRY-CCFC

He took a 55000 wage cut to go to MK dons. Another few won't matter

James Smith

Tim Sherwood as well, KON was probably one of the most injury prone players we had, I am sure in one of his appearances he came on as a sub and within a few minutes was leaning against the post stretching his hamstring and went off a few minutes later.

Keith does suffer from something quite nasty and I think potentially life threatening. However him doing a Kilbane would have been preferable to staying on mostly injured.

Terry Gibson's perm

Keith does suffer from something quite nasty and I think potentially life threatening. However him doing a Kilbane would have been preferable to staying on mostly injured.

But I guess if you asked most people they would also have continued to take the money as Keith did it is a job to the players and most have no feelings for the club, if i remember when we signed him I thought it was a good signing but as with many others that didn't turn out to be the case.

skybluefred

But I guess if you asked most people they would also have continued to take the money as Keith did it is a job to the players and most have no feelings for the club, if i remember when we signed him I thought it was a good signing but as with many others that didn't turn out to be the case.

I'm not really bothered who Pressley signs so long as his name is not Kevin--I still have nightmares about Kevin Kyle.

James Smith

Well he was unless I'm mistaken the PFA rep at the club when the club was having cashflow problems and asked the players to defer their wages for a week or two to help out with the cashflow. PFA said the players shouldn't defer their wages and it did grate just a tiny bit that K'ON was the PFA rep, when he wasn't playing many games for us and still picking up a regular pay check.

Terry Gibson's perm

I'm not really bothered who Pressley signs so long as his name is not Kevin--I still have nightmares about Kevin Kyle.

Thank you for ruining my evening mentioning that name, we do well with Kevin's Drinkell (now a car salesman),MacDonald,Kyle,Malaga the only upside was Gallacher.

Users who are viewing this thread