Alan Smith (1 Viewer)

runner

Looks like he is off to MK Dons from Newcastle, was surely worth a punt to get him to the Ricoh ... thoughts anyone ? 2 year deal.

kg82

We were never after him though. I personally wouldn't even have thought about him.

tippex9

We can't afford to carry someone like him.

shy_tall_knight

Scored 2 goals in the last 5 seasons, Platt Bell Baker Deegan have better strike rates than him. Was good at Leeds, OK at Man U but clearly on the slide

usskyblue

You lot are worrisome...

He was undoubtedly a good player until he broke his leg.

He has struggled since.

CW6

Was a big fan of Smith, got unlucky with his injury and has never been the same but wouldnt have been a bad signing for league 1.

Hateley's Heed

Keep away, would not represent value for money as I expect he would demand a large wage by L1 standards. Seems to have lost his way and injuries have taken their toll - we have enough of those type of players in the squad.

ajsccfc

Is this one of those things where a player we had absolutely no association with joins a club and we hear that somehow we've missed out?

grego_gee

Keep away, would not represent value for money as I expect he would demand a large wage by L1 standards. Seems to have lost his way and injuries have taken their toll - we have enough of those type of players in the squad.

I agree.
too much like what we usually end up with! - a big name that doesn't know where the net is!

:pimp:

Last edited:

CW6

would be very interesting to know what wages he will be on, wernt him on about 50k a week at newcastle?

skyblue dan

icon1.png

"worth a punt" put as in this big mess from back in the 90's​

sky blue john

Looks like he is off to MK Dons from Newcastle, was surely worth a punt to get him to the Ricoh ... thoughts anyone ? 2 year deal.

Why ?
Has he played in recent years ?
If so at what level ? reserve football ?
You can't take a punt on someone like that without assesing fitness levels and at least training sessions.

Nonleagueherewecome

We could never get away with a midfield of Kilbane and Smith. Whereas Jennings has "legs", so to speak. Not quite in the way that Kenny Everett has hands, but it's a start :)

Sawyer

The rise and fall of alan lol. "i will never play for Man Utd" ... signs for Man Utd.. career ends. haha

Users who are viewing this thread