Alan Shearer doing interviews! (1 Viewer)

Just saw this on the Beeb website.

'Newcastle legend Alan Shearer says he has had interviews for managerial vacancies and was not put off by his experience in charge of the Magpies'.

I wonder if he's been for one at The City? Think i would prefer Andy Thorn/Steve Harrison in light of the recent improvements on the pitch.

rob9872

I wonder if he still tries to get as many song titles as he can in his interviews

Cov City Daytrader 87

'Newcastle legend Alan Shearer says he has had interviews for managerial vacancies and was not put off by his experience in charge of the Magpies'.

I wonder if he's been for one at The City? Think i would prefer Andy Thorn/Steve Harrison in light of the recent improvements on the pitch.

My suggestion is Alan Shearer should do either being a coach/assistant manager/chief scout/whatever just to soak everything in (get a feel for everything) and then go for manager of a team (ie lower divisions).

Nick

Administrator
Somebody did say on Twitter earlier (before this thread) that they had seen him at the Ricoh!

bamalamafizzfazz

This sounds stupid but my mum text me this morning saying she had been 'reliably informed' that Alan Shearer is getting the job. I put £2 on at skybet at 20/1. Just checked now and he's now at 14. Not saying it means anything but it can't be ignored. I'm worried- Andy Thorn's Sky Blue Army!

TheRoyalScam

Knowing what he was on when managing Newcastle, I doubt we could afford even 10% of what he'd be asking for.

blueflint

god no we don't mneed prima donna's just workers with pride in the job:jerkit:

Nonleagueherewecome

He's loaded and doesn't need the money, but he does have a point to prove.

My general reaction to Shearer at The Ricoh would be somewhat akin to Edward Woodwards on seeing The Wicker Man for the first time;
"Oh God!! Oh, Jesus Christ!!!! No!!"

The CableGuy

Nick....I know there's a 'like' option for posts.....where's the HATE option? :whistle::)

kevinleftpeg

what a player with a mental strength of steel. It did not matter if he had a shocker he still believed he was the best & would score in every game.

Manager? Not unless the caveat is to help bring investment......... Remember that England stars hold a lot of clout in faraway lands even though we aint won jack since 66!

I agree with the comment that he has a point to prove but I cannot se him coming unless he has money to spend.

Thorn for me as he is used to working with average Players, which in fairness the Championship is full of, with the odd exception.

Il Pirata

He's loaded and doesn't need the money, but he does have a point to prove.

My general reaction to Shearer at The Ricoh would be somewhat akin to Edward Woodwards on seeing The Wicker Man for the first time;
"Oh God!! Oh, Jesus Christ!!!! No!!"
And our results would be as bad as Nicholas Cage's acting in the remake:
[video=youtube;e6i2WRreARo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6i2WRreARo[/video]

SkyBlueUkeman

^My god that film was awful... but... worse than this?

[video=youtube;5qu4wQwc6QU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qu4wQwc6QU[/video]

I know it is a bit off topic, but I will try and reel it back in:

This film, That film, or Alan Shearer as manager?

(there, sorted.)

Nonleagueherewecome

I'd take The Wicker Man remake, for as terrible as it is, it's bloody hilarious!

Shearer was only funny when inserting song lyrics into his interviews. As our manager, we wouldn't be laughing! He had plenty of time and good players at Newcastle to keep them up, but they got much worse when he came in. Wasn't it 5 formations in his first 3 games, with Dowie his assistant? He seemed clueless, and didn't use Carroll enough.

To those who say "why would he come here"-seriously, will he do any better than us? I can't imagine any Prem team would want him. The only club that was going to hire him was Newcastle. The best he can hope for is a Championship club who are down on their luck. To put minds at rest, I'm sure he said the only club he'd go into management for was Newcastle, although I guess he may have got a taste for it. You'd have thought he'd have wanted the Southampton job though, but I don't think he applied for it.

Users who are viewing this thread