Alan Poole a Spurs fan (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

I enjoy reading the articles by Alan Poole in the Telegraph but I have to admit I was surprised to hear he is a Spurs fan of 56 years.And on the same day we read Natalie Coulson is losing her passion for the Sky Blues.
Fisher has said he supports Sheffield Wednesday or some club,and the mysterious Joy Seppalla has stated she doesn't really like football.Blimey have we anybody at the Telegraph or at the club who supports the club ? What a joke !

Hobo

Professional Journalists often end up covering teams they haven't grown up supporting. It doesn't mean they don't form an attachment with the club.

Sometimes that slightly detached stance means what they report is a little more balanced than a passionate fan. That can benefit the fans too.

bringbackrattles

Professional Journalists often end up covering teams they haven't grown up supporting. It doesn't mean they don't form an attachment with the club.

Sometimes that slightly detached stance means what they report is a little more balanced than a passionate fan. That can benefit the fans too.

bringbackrattles

Cheers for that thai but have been writing for a few years on the Coventry banter site with blogs,but I'm the only one still writing,don't know what's happened to the other writers ? Probably defected !

Spionkop

Alan Poole's fondness for Spurs looks like it dates from the 1962 time when they really were a brilliant team. First team to do the double in a hundred years. They were true entertainers. I can reel off the Spurs team of that era so easily. Brown, Henry, Baker, Norman, McKay, Blanchflower, Dyson, Greaves, Smith, White, Jones - with Terry Medwin and Les Allen also in the frame. Tony Marchi too.
Sure Alan Poole will support the City, but the Spurs side of that era were magic. And they've always been a pure footballing side. Any football fan of a certain age will think fondly of Spurs.

bringbackrattles

Greavsie is my all time favourite player.great side but only Coventry City for me.
I saw the Spurs side of the 70's at Highfield Road,Greaves,Gilzean,great strikers !

skybluelee

Greavsie is my all time favourite player.great side but only Coventry City for me.
I saw the Spurs side of the 70's at Highfield Road,Greaves,Gilzean,great strikers !

You support Coventry but your all-time favourite player never played for us? I do not understand that.

Pubboy

Two good things about spurs. Losing to us in '87, and selling Jermaine Defoe to Toronto FC. Have season tickets now, and they have been terrible. Hopefully this season means playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread