Alan McCormack (1 Viewer)

CovisGod

Is that a dig? It sounds like a dig.
I like the fact I'm not a huge football nerd.

I quite like that I am a huge football nerd to be fair, people underestimate me because I support Coventry, they're genuinely shocked when they realise I know as much about the German 3rd division than they do they're own club.

Everyone's got a "thing" some people love cars, some people like the gym. Mines football, any and all football

covcity4life

well im a nice guy. dont troll others so expect the same back

nick set me up for a cracker of a joke last week but i didnt take it because it involved his daugher in the joke

being a nice guy is a curse

covcity4life

I quite like that I am a huge football nerd to be fair, people underestimate me because I support Coventry, they're genuinely shocked when they realise I know as much about the German 3rd division than they do they're own club.

Everyone's got a "thing" some people love cars, some people like the gym. Mines football, any and all football

exactly

when my mates talk about cars i switch off, its boring to me. i dont sit there and make up excuses and tell them how they are copying top gear lol

silly nick. hes really insecure.

Manchester_sky_blue

My one concern here is, that while I accept we need experience I am not so sure about keep bringing players in, in their mid thirties (certainly mid thirties in terms of a footballing career). That's Foley, Beavon AND McCormack.

How long can we feasibly get out of them? Obviously Stevenson and Harries are just starting out on their careers and should only get better. I do worry though about losing youth and bringing in players close to the end of their playing days.

Would be much happier if we were bringing in experience, but from players 27-30, rather than 32-33.

If it's a stop gap, then fine, but shirt term measures will obviously need addressing asap.

Agree for the most part but given our perilous position we can't really look much beyond the end of this season for the moment.

EDIT: My hope is though that the addition of some steel in the shape of Foley and Beavon etc gives RS licence to also throw the likes of Thomas, Sayoud, Lawton, Spence etc in to the mix as well.

covcity4life

we could be a good league 1 team who can get promoted

or we could become a standard shit league 1 team
with no talent whatsoever

lets hope its the former

Nick

Administrator
oh here comes the forum troll.

i dont repeat anyone. i watch english,italian,spanish,german,french leagues etc because i love my footy.

i understand if others aint got time for it or dont enjoy it. bullshit comments like yours just make me chcukle though because you clearly have big gap in your knowledge and it makes you feel bad about yourself. be like hill and be happy with the person you are(not a dig hill!)

:emoji_fishing_pole_and_fish:

Have never claimed to be an expert on any of those leagues to have a gap in my knowledge, couldn't give a shite as I only watch League One rather than be an armchair pundit ;)

CovisGod

Probably because people are watching city games in League 1 rather than just repeating what people say on social media ;)

:emoji_golfer:

Was that a dig !? It's widely known I have a soft spot for Dortmund. I've started threads about it. I don't need to listen to what other people have to say on social media to forumlate my own opinions on things, especially football !

Nick

Administrator
Yes he's a good holding midfielder but can play right back too. That's not to say he's not capable when attacking but it depends if he's given liscence to get forward. Obviously at 33 he doesn't have much left of the little pace he had before, but he's a strong tackler, good passer, lots of experience and will strike fear into your opponent's just with his gaze

Good goal here

Nick

Administrator
Was that a dig !? It's widely known I have a soft spot for Dortmund. I've started threads about it. I don't need to listen to what other people have to say on social media to forumlate my own opinions on things, especially football !

I was winding bundesliga4life up, it was a massive ;) :p

Colin Steins Smile

We have consistently said that our squad needs some more experience to support our younger players, but if we sell Willis, Stevenson and Harries were starting to run short of youngsters that need help.

Gbee92

And if you get Stevenson, you've got yourself a top player. For someone that's so technical and makes passing look so effortless, his defensive work is top notch and goes unnoticed.

I'm surprised were looking at him to be honest as we have a few similar players who seem similar in his style from what I've seen in a few YouTube clips but maybe we've seen a player too good to miss out on. It's a shame you have to sell one of your top prospects for what I'm sure you will see as a minimal fee, we have had to do it many times in recent years, seeing our best players leave for peanuts so we know what it feels like. Thankfully we are on a sounder footing now thanks to our terrific owner and lifelong Brentford fan. We have a good record now in recent seasons in nurturing players and selling them on for huge profit, if we sell Hogan which is looking likely Rochdale will be receiving about 2.5/3m , Luton got a couple of million from gray, Oldham were due a percent on tarkowski but waived it in some dodgy deal so the clubs we are buying these young talents from tend to benefit down the line. If we take Stevenson from you then hopefully he will be just as big as a success and we can both benefit from his rise

covcity4life

I was winding bundesliga4life up, it was a massive ;) :p

if anything it would be seriea4life. bundesliga is lower end of my interests.

and you wernt baiting, iknow you truly believe anyone who watches anything other than english football is a tiki taka lover.

thats why we get gold from you like " we need a experience hard lump arghhhhhhh"

sign henderson

"hes shit why we buy him,managers crapa rghhhhhhhhh"

1)you dont know shit about football
2)you are a pirate it seems

Gazolba

Since Brentford are sitting comfortably in mid-table, maybe we could sell Stevenson and loan him back for the rest of the season like we did with Maddison. Though I know that did not sit too well with many CCFC fans - having a 'traitor' in our midst.

covcity4life

Maddison came across as a bit of a bellend though in my opinion. But he was our bellend. When he wasn't our bellend he was someone else's bellend. Nobody wants someone else's bellend.

i agree, it wasnt the same after january. i could no longer take joy in him performing his skills etc as another team would get to enjoy them after 5 months

id rather keep stevenson, but if he goes we need 1.5m minimum imo.

although on SBT right now i imagine we could sell him for 1p and some would say its a masterstroke from slade lol

smileycov

Facebook User
i agree, it wasnt the same after january. i could no longer take joy in him performing his skills etc as another team would get to enjoy them after 5 months

id rather keep stevenson, but if he goes we need 1.5m minimum imo.

although on SBT right now i imagine we could sell him for 1p and some would say its a masterstroke from slade lol

TOOL!!

rupert_bear

We need to stay up, I think it's imperative we do for all sorts of reasons. We are more likely to do so imo with experienced 30+ year olds who have been round the block a few times than 19/20 year old greenhorns sadly. Likely to need a rebuild again in the close season but with our new billionaire owners shouldn't be a problem.

higgs

We are crying out for physicality and experience in our squad it's proved with the likes of Wigan last year sheff united this year you need the experience and strength to get results over the season. If we can survive this season I'd gladly see a team of journey men have a go at promotion complemented with two or three young speed merchants to catch teams on the break

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread