AJ v Usyk (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

So who's going to win this rematch ? Can Joshua get his revenge,or will the Ukrainian come out on top again ?
I'm going for another Usyk victory,but as we know in boxing anything can happen especially with heavyweights.
Should be an interesting fight.

stay_up_skyblues

Granted I try to avoid Twitter etc. but AJ seems to have been fairly quiet in the lead up to this one. Hopefully that means his focus is 110% on this fight. If so, and he plays to his strengths, I think he can pull it off. Agree Usyk is by far the better boxer technically but he should be vulnerable to a beating by the bigger man.

fatso

Aj will win because he is a cash cow and boxing is the most corrupt sport in history.

I fully expect a controversial AJ victory, and suprise suprise Tyson Fury comes out of retirement and demands silly money for a unification fight.

YAWN YAWN YAWN.

CCFCSteve

Granted I try to avoid Twitter etc. but AJ seems to have been fairly quiet in the lead up to this one. Hopefully that means his focus is 110% on this fight. If so, and he plays to his strengths, I think he can pull it off. Agree Usyk is by far the better boxer technically but he should be vulnerable to a beating by the bigger man.

Agree with this. Usyk is rightly the favourite after the last fight and is no doubt the better boxer but can AJ come in and take him out ? Heart says yes, head says not sure. Can’t wait

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

My head says Usyk beats him handily, possibly even stopping him....but my heart says AJ comes out like a bulldozer and takes him out in an all-time classic. We'll see!

Greggs

Hopefully the shit Bruno gets destroyed again. Can't wait to see him doing his funny chicken legs dance.

Greggs

He’s like Ian Bell for me. Does everything right in an orthodox way.

he struggles when he comes up against Awkward boxers who don’t box in a by the book manner
What an utterly ridiculous comparison. Ian Bell was a fucking genius - Joshua just a product of marketing and timing in a very very very weak division. His defense is awful, his footwork and head movement non existent, he's just got a decent punch. He struggles whenever he comes up against anyone who isn't scared of him.

CCFCSteve

Hopefully the shit Bruno gets destroyed again. Can't wait to see him doing his funny chicken legs dance.

That’s a bit harsh. He won gold in the Olympics, after a very short amateur career and he’s been fighting the best available out there (fury and wilder aside - I think he’d had fought either or both if they hadn’t signed up to the trilogy) pretty much from the start of his professional career

Yes, he’s probably earned more than his ability might have warranted but he’s in one of the most dangerous sports and could easily have swerved Usyk/Usyk rematch and milked cash from the division but hasn’t. I’ve got no issue with people questioning his ability but wanting to see a British fighter, who’s done a fair bit for the sport in this country, lose, doesn’t sit right with me. Id love it if he wins but Usyk is as good as there is out there pound for pound so it’s going to be a big ask

Finally, Joshua v Klitschko was one of the best HW fights I’ve ever seen

Ps I think we’ve had this chat before ! 😂

Greggs

That’s a bit harsh. He won gold in the Olympics, after a very short amateur career and he’s been fighting the best available out there (fury and wilder aside - I think he’d had fought either or both if they hadn’t signed up to the trilogy) pretty much from the start of his professional career

Yes, he’s probably earned more than his ability might have warranted but he’s in one of the most dangerous sports and could easily have swerved Usyk/Usyk rematch and milked cash from the division but hasn’t. I’ve got no issue with people questioning his ability but wanting to see a British fighter, who’s done a fair bit for the sport in this country, lose, doesn’t sit right with me. Id love it if he wins but Usyk is as good as there is out there pound for pound so it’s going to be a big ask

I stopped reading after you mentioned his gold in the Olympics. Please, please watch the fight, it's on youtube. Joshua was gifted that gold, it opened up so many money making paths for him and his newly appointed management team, at a time when heavyweight boxing was at an all time low. Boxing is so corrupt.

Greggs

Finally, Joshua v Klitschko was one of the best HW fights I’ve ever seen

I had to go back and read the rest, but stopped reading when you said he's fought the best out there. He's dodged the 2 of the 3 out there that would trouble him. The rest were either tomato cans or fighters way way past their best, winning his title against Charles Martin.......... He'll be retired Sunday morning, without facing 2 of the 3 top boxers in a very very weak division.

CCFCSteve

I had to go back and read the rest, but stopped reading when you said he's fought the best out there. He's dodged the 2 of the 3 out there that would trouble him. The rest were either tomato cans or fighters way way past their best, winning his title against Charles Martin.......... He'll be retired Sunday morning, without facing 2 of the 3 top boxers in a very very weak division.

I honestly believe he wanted the Wilder and Fury fights and they tried to make them, fury was happening if he had beaten Usyk. he’s fought the rest of top fighters in the division during his time.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

What an utterly ridiculous comparison. Ian Bell was a fucking genius - Joshua just a product of marketing and timing in a very very very weak division. His defense is awful, his footwork and head movement non existent, he's just got a decent punch. He struggles whenever he comes up against anyone who isn't scared of him.
Apologies on the comparison (Bell was a genius) I don’t think you give him enough credit though - Joshua isn’t as good as Fury or Usyk, and whilst yeah it’s a weak division, Joshua is still levels above everyone else, I think he believes in his own hype at times

like I said - fully expect him to be stopped on Saturday, be interesting to see where he goes from there

CCFCSteve

I stopped reading after you mentioned his gold in the Olympics. Please, please watch the fight, it's on youtube. Joshua was gifted that gold, it opened up so many money making paths for him and his newly appointed management team, at a time when heavyweight boxing was at an all time low. Boxing is so corrupt.

Agree it’s corrupt and he might’ve got a home win at olympics. However he started boxing in 2007, won silver in world champs in 2011 and gold in 2012. Only had about 40 amateur fights and had 24 pros, half of which for world titles. Give the guy some credit.

Greggs

Agree it’s corrupt and he might’ve got a home win at olympics. However he started boxing in 2007, won silver in world champs in 2011 and gold in 2012. Only had about 40 amateur fights and had 24 pros, half of which for world titles. Give the guy some credit.
I won't give him credit he doesn't deserve. By now, it's extremely clear he didn't have many amateur fights, as he isn't a very good boxer. He was propelled through the ranks solely as a cash cow. i'm glad he got found out against Ruiz, the talk of him being an all time great made me feel sick.

CCFCSteve

I won't give him credit he doesn't deserve. By now, it's extremely clear he didn't have many amateur fights, as he isn't a very good boxer. He was propelled through the ranks solely as a cash cow. i'm glad he got found out against Ruiz, the talk of him being an all time great made me feel sick.

Never heard the talk of him being an all time great.

bringbackrattles

Put my bets on for the fight.
Got Usyk to win in round 10, and other bet for the Ukrainian to win between rounds 10-12.
But as we know in boxing it just takes one punch and bang it's over. But still reckon Usyk to come out on top.

clint van damme

There's an unknown factor at play here, AJs switch of trainer, he's got a great record, be interesting to see if he can bring about any improvement in him.

CCFCSteve

Soon find out. I can’t wait ! Rewatched the first fight for the first time yesterday after being there and actually thought Joshua caught him more than I remembered/ could see on the night, especially middle rounds

Early and late rounds Usyk just took it away from Joshua. I rate Usyk top three P4P but if Joshua can catch him early to deter him and then take advantage anytime he has him stunned/near ropes (easier said than done) he has the power to take him out. Both fighters vulnerable to body

If Joshua fights same fight as first he loses again and gets stopped but hopefully that won’t be the case

Knock out between 7-10 ish either way

Nick

Administrator
So weird, the favourite golden boy Jack catches him and gets into it.

Round doesn't end and lasts about a minute more.

stay_up_skyblues

Round extended by a minute as the favourite finally got on top and threatened to knock the underdog out. Glad to see the corruption is alive and well tonight 🤣

Macca

The cynic in me thinks boxing is bent as fuck so AJ has to win this to set up a Fury fight. All a bit like WWF

Nick

Administrator
Round extended by a minute as the favourite finally got on top and threatened to knock the underdog out. Glad to see the corruption is alive and well tonight
Yeah they just let it keep going because they thought he was going to knock him out.

So fucking corrupt.

Users who are viewing this thread