Ainsworth Meeting Football League Tomorrow (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Coventry MP Bob Ainsworth said on CWR today that he has a meeting lined up tomorrow with the FL and plans to discuss the whereabouts of this Golden Share. Hopefully we find out sooner rather than later just where it is.

BrisbaneBronco

Coventry MP Bob Ainsworth said on CWR today that he has a meeting lined up tomorrow with the FL and plans to discuss the whereabouts of this Golden Share. Hopefully we find out sooner rather than later just where it is.

Hope he takes the administrator with him

SkyblueBazza

He's just after votes.
Aligning himself with The People...although I suspect he is pretty impotent in this scenario at least...but is simply a distraction (for who or why I wonder?)
Lets face it - he raised it in Parliament, what was the point? Not many in football care a toss, so why would the Right Honourable from eg Rochester give a damn?
Somebody with access please ask him the questions...what are you seeking to achieve? Why? How do you think you can influence the outcome toward what you seek?

theferret

He's just after votes.
Aligning himself with The People...although I suspect he is pretty impotent in this scenario at least...but is simply a distraction (for who or why I wonder?)
Lets face it - he raised it in Parliament, what was the point? Not many in football care a toss, so why would the Right Honourable from eg Rochester give a damn?
Somebody with access please ask him the questions...what are you seeking to achieve? Why? How do you think you can influence the outcome toward what you seek?

A little cynical. Perhaps he genuinely cares?

I think it is fair that someone who represents people who care about this issue deeply would seek to get some answers, and believe it or not, being a member of parliament does still count for something so perhaps the FL will be a little more open with him than they have with the media.

letsallsingtogether

And chances of this dispute being resolved before 2015 are very slim........

That maybe so but he is not standing at the next elections so maybe his heart is in the right place

SkyblueBazza

A little cynical. Perhaps he genuinely cares?

I think it is fair that someone who represents people who care about this issue deeply would seek to get some answers, and believe it or not, being a member of parliament does still count for something so perhaps the FL will be a little more open with him than they have with the media.

On the contrary - VERY cynical. I no longer trust any of the interested parties (actual fans with no other interest than just that excepted) nor trust anything they say. I refer you to the questions I raised...but would even take the answers he gave with a pinch of salt removed from the wounds that the various parties have rubbed the said salt into.

dadgad

He's just after votes.

Ffs, a bloke speaks up for the club and gets this carping bullshit.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

He's just after votes.

Tell you what Bob dont bother,SBT dont bother. There has always got to be some other reason hasn't there?

rupert_bear

Let me tell you about Bob Ainsworth, i have known him years, kids in Tachbrook Close Wood End, playing on the cloggy banks,bit of rat a tat ginger, drinking in the Live and Let Live, he is a genuine guy perhaps that doesn't always come over, no need to chase votes as he is standing down and wouldn't have to chase votes anyway. Suffers a bit on here at times perhaps envy to a local boy who has done well for himself.I mean a Wood Ender becoming a Cabinet Minister who would have thought that. Not a footie fan at all, never was. His concern is genuine, genuine enough to get a debate in the House with a minister in attendance He will get an answer tomorrow of that i'm certain when or if it's divulged migh be a different matter.

Last edited:

warwickcccfc

He's just after votes.

It's that type of ridiculous apathy which has got us in the situation in the first place and under the ownership of the likes of SISU.

Fair play to BA for bothering to do something...unlike you, mate...:facepalm:

SkyblueBazza

It's that type of ridiculous apathy which has got us in the situation in the first place and under the ownership of the likes of SISU.

Fair play to BA for bothering to do something...unlike you, mate...:facepalm:

Yes if he believes he can...which I doubt he can...good luck to him. If his intentions are really honourable - I hope he succeeds. But right now right here - that's how I feel, & I have simply lost interest because it is all cloak & daggers or childish rhetoric & one-upmanship.
Heart is still there for the performance on the pitch. Other than that - they've lost me.

letsallsingtogether

Grendel couldn't sort out how to buy a season ticket:facepalm::blue::blue::blue:

Fuck me nor can any of us

I believe they will have a pasting table at the Godiva festival thats how far we have got with this lot
Well it's completely beyond me. Whether Grendel can sort it out or not only he can advise.

Nonleagueherewecome

On the contrary - VERY cynical. I no longer trust any of the interested parties (actual fans with no other interest than just that excepted) nor trust anything they say. I refer you to the questions I raised...but would even take the answers he gave with a pinch of salt removed from the wounds that the various parties have rubbed the said salt into.

You don't have to even think about parties, they are elected representatives who don't only act on the Whip's orders, there is plenty of other business. One of them is protecting the interests of constituents, which he is doing by this action. I'm uber-cynical too, but honestly, if you have totally given up on Democracy, where else do you go? Ever heard the saying-"it's the worst political system in the world-apart from all the other ones".

SkyblueBazza

You don't have to even think about parties, they are elected representatives who don't only act on the Whip's orders, there is plenty of other business. One of them is protecting the interests of constituents, which he is doing by this action. I'm uber-cynical too, but honestly, if you have totally given up on Democracy, where else do you go? Ever heard the saying-"it's the worst political system in the world-apart from all the other ones".

I wasn't talking political parties. "Interested" parties... ACL/SISU & beyond

georgehudson

i've never experienced such turmoil in following my club,
& to me it matters not which political persuation is followed,
i wan't justice, truth, honesty, openness, & clarity,
is that too much to ask ?

olderskyblue

Let me tell you about Bob Ainsworth, i have known him years, kids in Tachbrook Close Wood End, playing on the cloggy banks,bit of rat a tat ginger, drinking in the Live and Let Live, he is a genuine guy perhaps that doesn't always come over, no need to chase votes as he is standing down and wouldn't have to chase votes anyway. Suffers a bit on here at times perhaps envy to a local boy who has done well for himself.I mean a Wood Ender becoming a Cabinet Minister who would have thought that. Not a footie fan at all, never was. His concern is genuine, genuine enough to get a debate in the House with a minister in attendance He will get an answer tomorrow of that i'm certain when or if it's divulged migh be a different matter.

Rat a tat ginger, then a drink in the livey?? And I thought I got in there at a young age..... ;)

NottsCov

I remember the simple days of 'Will we stay up?'.....'Can we finish 14th in the Championship?'.....'Is Iain Dowie really the man to take us forward?'.

And now it's 'Where is the Golden Share?' If it wasn't so depressing it would be funny.

SkyblueBazza

I remember when the biggest issue was if making HR all-seater was a good idea. And the biggest scandal of the day was letting Ian Wallace go!
Heady days...

Users who are viewing this thread