Aims and Hopes for next season (4 Viewers)

alexccfc99

Presuming we don't gatecrash the Play-offs and win them, what are you hoping for next season?

I can't lie I am seriously hoping that we can spend the whole season in and around the Top 6 - We won't be far off if we can add a bit more in addition to our current crop having a full season and proper pre season under their belt, I do sincerely think next season could be 'the one'

Otis

Yeah. I would be expecting a challenge from the off and us to be pretty much always around the top 6 and within touching distance of the automatics.

I know we shouldn't get carried away, but we have now created a fantastic foundation and platform for next season to build upon.
Kitching, Thomas, Bidwell, Lati, MVE, Eccles, Torp, Sheaf, Palmer, Simms, Wright, Mason-Clark.

Just need to make a few astute additions to that and we should be in for a very competitive season

Sky Blue Harry H

Yeah. I would be expecting a challenge from the off and us to be pretty much always around the top 6 and within touching distance of the automatics.

I know we shouldn't get carried away, but we have now created a fantastic foundation and platform for next season to build upon.
Kitching, Thomas, Bidwell, Lati, MVE, Eccles, Torp, Sheaf, Palmer, Simms, Wright, Mason-Clark.

Just need to make a few astute additions to that and we should be in for a very competitive season
Already forgotten him @Otis?

1712557897708.png

Travs

As mentioned in another thread, things could easily regress..... look at Sunderland (i know they're a bit of a shambles in comparison to us at the moment)..... they would have been fully expecting to do similar.

That said, i have the same hopes.... a full season-long attack on promotion.... although i still think autos will be a stretch too far.

Kingokings204

We need to replace o hare and get another top striker in. Goals win you games and the amount of goals we score is a massive bonus. We have been lucky with injuries this year especially up front.
If wright and simms injured at the same time then what?

Replace o hare another top striker and a goalkeeper or another couple of upgraded squad players then yeah we really could be in business.

Saddlebrains

Depends on 2 things for me

When in the window Vik moves. We need it to be early no question.

If he does, then i expect another 6 or 7 million spent on the squad with 3 or 4 of real quality and another 3 or 4 of potential and pushing for automatics tbh

If Vik doesnt move early/at all, i think we will once again be pissing about until late in the window on a smaller budget leading to us again giving teams a head start.

I know some on here dont believe me with the info I get, however a lot do and i cannot stress enough just how important it us to us that Vik goes early on so we can go bang bang bang, targets in the building

Deity

Depends on 2 things for me

When in the window Vik moves. We need it to be early no question.

If he does, then i expect another 6 or 7 million spent on the squad with 3 or 4 of real quality and another 3 or 4 of potential and pushing for automatics tbh

If Vik doesnt move early/at all, i think we will once again be pissing about until late in the window on a smaller budget leading to us again giving teams a head start.

I know some on here dont believe me with the info I get, however a lot do and i cannot stress enough just how important it us to us that Vik goes early on so we can go bang bang bang, targets in the building
In reality very few clubs get their business done early, despite all managers wanting it done ahead of pre season.

This doesn’t seem to change regardless of how well funded a club is.

Selling clubs want to extract the very best price, agents want to give their player clients the absolute best set of offers etc etc … it slows everything down. It’s frustrating but it’s how the business works.

This pre season we do not need to do the huge team overhaul that we did last year.

Even if players join in Aug no reason to believe that Robins et al can’t hit the ground running.

Kingokings204

In reality very few clubs get their business done early, despite all managers wanting it done ahead of pre season.

Selling clubs want to extract the very best price, agents want to give their player clients the absolute best set of offers etc etc … it slows everything down. It’s frustrating but it’s how the business works.

This pre season we do not need to do the huge team overhaul that we did last year.

Even if players join in Aug no reason to believe that Robins et al can’t hit the ground running.

agreed this is the difference this summer. The back 5 will be the back 5. (Including keeper)

we know sheaf torp and Eccles will be here.

we know mason Clarke sakamoto wright and simms and palmer will all get going.

I don’t doubt saddle personally but the Vik money is just a bonus if he moves again. We got over 20m for the guy and no one could predict he would smash it up like he has and be on the verge of another big money move. We can’t be reliant on that surely but yeah obviously another 5-10 mil is a massive help.

Sky Blue Pete

agreed this is the difference this summer. The back 5 will be the back 5. (Including keeper)

I don’t doubt saddle personally but the Vik money is just a bonus if he moves again. We got over 20m for the guy and no one could predict he would smash it up like he has and be on the verge of another big money move. We can’t be reliant on that surely but yeah obviously another 5-10 mil is a massive help.
£12-14m potentially

Viktor17

The bonus with Vik is, he’s not involved in Euros - like many top European players. So clubs can look to do him early!

Skybluecol

Sheaf is key imo. Keep him and with us being in the position to add to the squad instead of replacing 4-5 due to loans in previous season will help us massively.

I'll say we'll finish a solid 4th...and then win the playoffs.

Do not book any holidays during the May break BH weekend !!!

alexccfc99

I always, always forget one. 🤦

Sakamoto!!

I wonder who I will forget next time. Last time out it was MVE.

Who is our manager again? 🤔
Some bloke called Andy Thorn! Seems to be struggling I think he is out of his depth myself

bigfatronssba

No reason at all that we shouldn’t be pushing for autos.

Since the squad “gelled” after the November international break we’ve been averaging 1.91 points per game. Over a season that is 88 points.

The squad will improve further in the summer, and next season it will be an easier division

Sky Blue Harry H

next season it will be an easier division
Not sure that's a given. If Ipswich go up, potentially 2 of Leicester, Leeds and Southampton could still be in the division (though suspect it will only be one) West Brom have new owners/funding and if Corberan stays, the will be strong again next season. We are all assuming that the PL relegated teams won't be the same threat - but recent seasons suggest otherwise. Regardless, I think we will be a top 6 side next season.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Keep Simms & Sheaf & build our championship winning side around them. 100 goals. 100 points. piece of piss.

ajsccfc

Last summer we had a fairly hefty turnover of players what with loanees going back to their clubs and our big sales which explained our slow start. Next season I'm hoping we're going in with the majority of our first team already familiar with each other and so don't play catch up at all.

Saddlebrains

I get that, and im trying to be careful with my wording because il get called Anti - Doug again, but as I've stated before, the longer we can go without him having to help front cash the better

If Vik goes, targets will be signed off and approved a lot quicker than if he doesnt. It doesnt sound much, but when Vik goes and we get the extra 6-7 million, there is no umming and aaring from Doug about things, its 'the monies there, get it done'

SkyBlueSteve81

I can't see us getting another 10m for Vik but looking at it logically and with a bit of reservation:

5-6m: Sell on for Vik
4-5m: Season ticket sales
1m: FA Cup run

That is a pot of 10-12 million and is with Doug not putting any extra in. We could also have some left from the sale of Hamer but you never really know. Hopefully anything left over from Hamer is what is paying for Mason-Clark and Mark Robins has 10+ million available to take that next step.

ccfcricoh

just need to avoid the start of season blip, if you take out the first 15 games last season and this, we are a comfortable play off team on PPG.

23/24 - average 1.92 - would currently be 4th on 77pts
22/23 - average 1.77 - would have finished 3rd on 81pts

i know its not as simple as removing your bad spell, but its clearly been the same problem twice, once because of pitch and once because of "gelling" and turnover of players, with neither of those going to be an issue again, we can only hope!!!

Do think Sheaf will be off though so work to do in the summer - hope not mind

Offhegoes

On the basis the following leave, or go out on loan
O'Hare
Tavares (Loan to L1 club)
Kelly
Godden

RB (to push MVE)
CB
CM
AM
LW
ST

ccfcricoh

I can't see us getting another 10m for Vik but looking at it logically and with a bit of reservation:

5-6m: Sell on for Vik
4-5m: Season ticket sales
1m: FA Cup run

That is a pot of 10-12 million and is with Doug not putting any extra in. We could also have some left from the sale of Hamer but you never really know. Hopefully anything left over from Hamer is what is paying for Mason-Clark and Mark Robins has 10+ million available to take that next step.
cant include season ticket sales in a transfer budget like that in reality, season ticket sales are ongoing revenue and need to cover the overheads. Vik and the cup run i agree...plus any other sales made

Brighton Sky Blue

I get that, and im trying to be careful with my wording because il get called Anti - Doug again, but as I've stated before, the longer we can go without him having to help front cash the better

If Vik goes, targets will be signed off and approved a lot quicker than if he doesnt. It doesnt sound much, but when Vik goes and we get the extra 6-7 million, there is no umming and aaring from Doug about things, its 'the monies there, get it done'
If it’s anything like last season Vik will know exactly where he wants to go next and just needs whoever that is to meet the release clause. If that club’s Arsenal then surely it will be swift

Users who are viewing this thread