Agyei (1 Viewer)

Deity

Mowbray wants one more striker. I'm hoping it's a striker who poses a physical and ariel threat. Agyei, Sordell, K Thomas, would all benefit from an alternative type player to feed off.

shmmeee

Isn't McBean big and strong? Anyway I suspect it'll be like last season's call for a partner for Arma and he will be on his own.

Yorkshire SB

Will Sordell or K Thomas suit his style of play ?

Based on today I wouldn't say so. I think we would want him up top alone. He's a big strong guy and capable of holding up play to bring others in. What really impressed me though was his ability to beat a man and get in behind the defence. I think he's filled a massive hole in our team, made me feel better about the season.

Got a couple of mates who are Bradford fans who were very relieved when he came off. On that got to say, Tudgay is doing nothing - wouldn't really want to see him play again unless we are struggling to field 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

Based on today I wouldn't say so. I think we would want him up top alone. He's a big strong guy and capable of holding up play to bring others in. What really impressed me though was his ability to beat a man and get in behind the defence. I think he's filled a massive hole in our team, made me feel better about the season.

Got a couple of mates who are Bradford fans who were very relieved when he came off. On that got to say, Tudgay is doing nothing - wouldn't really want to see him play again unless we are struggling to field 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For a big man he's got a wonderful first touch and is very nimble

Hobo

Mowbray wants one more striker. I'm hoping it's a striker who poses a physical and ariel threat. Agyei, Sordell, K Thomas, would all benefit from an alternative type player to feed off.

Armstrong and Agyei would be great, so much movement. Sordell I think could play with either.

PVA

Just seen the highlights and I'm pretty sure he gets very lucky with the finish. He either kicked it onto the defender's foot or the defender kicked it onto Agyei's foot, either way i dont think it was an intentional chip.

I think he will score plenty this season though.

stevefloyd

Be good to see how Sordell and Agyei perform together I just struggle to see what other options we have to replace either of them if they are having an off day, I know we haven't seen a lot of K Thomas yet (unlike the physio) but we have seen Tudgay and G Thomas and neither have been convincing the latter looking well out of his depth whilst the former playing in too much depth..but the season is still relatively young, we have certainly had our moments in all the matches we just somehow have to start taking some of the chances that come our way

Burnley fan here. I posted last week on our forum that it was great to see Ageyi getting a chance at a club in league one at a place like Coventry. Especially with the experienced manager, players and top facilities you will have. Cant do him any harm.

Hopefully he can have a similar impact to Armstrong.

I was saying to my dad last week that he has all the hallmarks of Lukaku. And without wanting to add unnecessary pressure to him, he took the goal very well. The strength and turn were sublime!!!

A post I made after we played Bradford in Pre Season suggested I would like to see him get some games. Really highly rated and his goals to games for Wimbledon and our Youth is good. But he looks to have a great allround game. http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6123

Feel free to keep us updated on our forum with your opinions and his progress.

We have another young lad in Aiden ONeill who made his debut yesterday for us. I expect he needs to go on loan at 18 years old. But he is a big, solid midfielder who is composed on the ball and can pick a pass! Hopefully a side like Cov can come in for him too!

It has been a while since we have had such promising youngsters. We did well in the youth cup a few years ago but none had the physical edge you see with Ageyi and ONeill.

Good luck for the season!

OffenhamSkyBlue

His pace is quite deceptive. He seemed to amble/lumber around the pitch at times, but when it was played into his feet, his first touch, close control, lay-offs and ability to turn their defenders inside out was impressive. He took his goal well, even if there was a bit of luck about it.
TM doubtless took him off as he looked tired, and he needs a bit more fitness, but the focus of the attacking threat (and positive attitude) disappeared when he went off. As someone said elsewhere, that was possibly more of a game-changer than the penalty. Tudgay didn't touch the ball for the first ten minutes, and possibly only three times in total. The midfield clearly didn't know how to pass to him or Thomas. I really wanted Thomas to do well, to prove the critics wrong, but apart from the one (fairly aimless) cross from the right, he joined Tudgay in headless chicken mode.

PS Liked the way Agyei came back on the pitch at the end to engage with the fans who had stayed back to clap the team off. He'll be popular long-term

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Saw he hit the post tonight. I won't talk about your result too much but how did he look? Also what about Chris McCann?

Very isolated last night. We provided him with no service but for that one chance where he hit the post and the rebound came at him quickly.

Only other notable bit of play was when he had to track back early on in the first place just to even get a touch of the ball.

Won't hold it against him though as still think he'll prove to be an asset.

As for McCann there is a clear quality difference between what he's used to and where he's at now. Seems to be on a different wave length to the rest of the team. Nothing fancy but does the simple stuff well. Apart from last night that is but no one stood out really last night in a positive way other than maybe our young twin Dion Kelly Evans

Shame he didn't get much last night. Norwich are a very good side though. The priority for us is to get him used to playing at a good level regular. If he bags a few even better. Lafferty who played against you last night was the last striker we loaned out who made a name for himself. His loan spell didn't rip any trees up. In fact just after him was jay Rodriguez. Same again. So from a selfish perspective as long as they're playing and learning that's our main objective though I think he will do well.

As for McCann he was extremely highly thought of in Burnley. He could have been a top player and had a decent international career too. Cultured left foot, strong and dynamic. But he always seemed not to have the necessary mentality / aggression. He had two very serious knee injuries and I think that played part in his approach.

Should be a very good player in league one though.

Users who are viewing this thread