Agree with Robins (1 Viewer)

Otis

And speaking of Notts County, they are looking rather doomed.

Who would have thought that last season?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

How many times have we finished in the bottom half of a league or worse?

Those saying they are happy with a mid table finish may have had a case at the start of the season, but there needs to be some perspective now.

We are one of the better teams in this league and we could be in the top 6. The same errors and decisions are costing us week in week out and it isn't really good enough from where I stand.

Football is pretty short term and building doesn't always mean anything. Look at the Mowbray seasons. We didn't get in the playoffs because we didn't put in that last 10%, the season after we got relegated.

Robins and the squad need to have a look at themselves. They could be a top six side if there was just a bit more thought and application.

There's just as much chance of getting relegated next season as there is promoted, and whilst we are playing well, and the competition is pretty shit, we should be going all out.

steve82

And speaking of Notts County, they are looking rather doomed.

Who would have thought that last season?

Who’d of even thought it with the players they signed for fees this summer, squad on paper is too good to sit in the position they are.

Bizarre season they are suffering. Relegation is unthinkable for the club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Who’d of even thought it with the players they signed for fees this summer, squad on paper is too good to sit in the position they are.

Bizarre season they are suffering. Relegation is unthinkable for the club.

I hope they do get relegated.

steve82

No guarantees at all. You need to take any opportunity that you can

I’m torn on this. Currently you look at the side and we’re possibly 2 players off being able to see sides off comfortably, likely bringing a run of wins together for a creditable playoff push. What we all desire as fans, to see our club pushing on

Come the summer for another attempt in L1 that number potentially becomes 6/7 key players to replace so the opportunity you’d say is now to hope to win promotion.

Down side to that then with promotion so quick is the whole squad would likely need replacing to stand any chance of championship survival, should that fail that then brings a negative spin of the revolving door of players and lack of continuity.

That could have a detrimental effect on the club in the longer term than the shorter term boom of promotion. I do fear for the club being able to compete in the championship so soon on the current business model and group we have and I’d prefer us to develop a core group of players who are very competitive in L1 that can make the step up and bridge the gap between L1 and championship.

It’s a catch 22 for sure.

covcity4life

I’m torn on this. Currently you look at the side and we’re possibly 2 players off being able to see sides off comfortably, likely bringing a run of wins together for a creditable playoff push. What we all desire as fans, to see our club pushing on

Come the summer for another attempt in L1 that number potentially becomes 6/7 key players to replace so the opportunity you’d say is now to hope to win promotion.

Down side to that then with promotion so quick is the whole squad would likely need replacing to stand any chance of championship survival, should that fail that then brings a negative spin of the revolving door of players and lack of continuity.

That could have a detrimental effect on the club in the longer term than the shorter term boom of promotion. I do fear for the club being able to compete in the championship so soon on the current business model and group we have and I’d prefer us to develop a core group of players who are very competitive in L1 that can make the step up and bridge the gap between L1 and championship.

It’s a catch 22 for sure.

We will prob see big changes in summer regardless of league imo

Thing is if we went on a run to get pronoted now the fans would have cobfidence in these players to step up next year. So ironically they are nondifferent to those they say change opinions based on wins and losses.

Brighton Sky Blue

Those saying they are happy with a mid table finish may have had a case at the start of the season, but there needs to be some perspective now.

We are one of the better teams in this league and we could be in the top 6. The same errors and decisions are costing us week in week out and it isn't really good enough from where I stand.

Football is pretty short term and building doesn't always mean anything. Look at the Mowbray seasons. We didn't get in the playoffs because we didn't put in that last 10%, the season after we got relegated.

Robins and the squad need to have a look at themselves. They could be a top six side if there was just a bit more thought and application.

There's just as much chance of getting relegated next season as there is promoted, and whilst we are playing well, and the competition is pretty shit, we should be going all out.

It's the strikers who need to have a look at themselves getting very well paid to miss sitters every week. And we're not just talking the occasional howler, we are talking week in week out. Frankly I don't know how Chaplin can look some of his teammates in the face with the number of times his misses have cost us points. What's more baffling is that Robins, a striker at the highest level in his playing career, can't coach this problem out of them.

steve82

I hope they do get relegated.

I’m not fussed either way, it’s irrelevant to me what level of success they have.

Them play off games and level of arrogance and confidence of owner/fans t-shirts being ready and Kevin Nolan are fading memories of a lovely evening.

I’ll not hold it against the club, and relived it’s not our fate instead

steve82

We will prob see big changes in summer regardless of league imo

Thing is if we went on a run to get pronoted now the fans would have cobfidence in these players to step up next year. So ironically they are nondifferent to those they say change opinions based on wins and losses.

Agree the squad will see changes regardless of league but the level of confidence from fans is irrelevant for me.

The general ability is not up to the standards of the championship to survive from many players and the leap from L2 to championship for the others in 50-96 odd appearances.

The club relies a lot on its own youth system supplemented with additions, the current model I don’t see stretching to bridge the gulf.

That don’t mean I wouldn’t want promotion, we’re in a difficult position to take what’s for the best. That said not many sides going up will be fully prepared for what’s to come the next season.

Mucca Mad Boys

No guarantees at all. You need to take any opportunity that you can

Where’s the obvious opportunity we’ll get promoted? We’re some way off 6th. A genuine question, have we actually been 6th at any point this season at the end of a match day? I don’t seem to recall.

The optimist in me thinks we’re quite similar to Portsmouth last season, who won 20, lost 20. If we bring in the right kind of players in the summer, I believe we’ll be a playoff team at minimum, if not a pushing automatics.

Generally, I agree with Robins that we’re close to being a very good team and we just need that one game changer — like McNulty was last season. Overall, my assessment is that we have a solid team and foundation going forward. Are we Championship quality? No. Are we ready for the Championship. No. Far too many of our players have plenty of developing to do and we don’t have the quality experienced players to achieve those goals.

Frankly, between 10th and 8th would be a very good season for us. Look at the improvement in Portsmouth and Donny after their promotion from L2.

Mucca Mad Boys

It's the strikers who need to have a look at themselves getting very well paid to miss sitters every week. And we're not just talking the occasional howler, we are talking week in week out. Frankly I don't know how Chaplin can look some of his teammates in the face with the number of times his misses have cost us points. What's more baffling is that Robins, a striker at the highest level in his playing career, can't coach this problem out of them.

Our problem isn’t just our strikers, we have about 3 strikers who are scoring 1 in 4. The strikers have 22 goals between them, which isn’t bad. We just don’t have any goals elsewhere in the team. Thomas is a fantastic player, but he’s another one who’s missed his fair share of chances, he should be pretty close to 10 goals. Take him out of the side, Bayliss has 2 goals, and that’s about it. We need greater contributions from midfielders and defenders from set pieces. It’s no coincidence that in our 5 game win streak we scored from a set piece in 3 or 4 of those games.

It’s all good and we’ll pinning the blame on strikers, but, even the best strikers score in about 1 in 3 games (that’s actual goals scored in games), which was roughly McNulty’s tally. With that in mind, you a need other reliable sources of goals. I think Robins suggested a team needed ‘3 and a half’ goal scorers in a team. One super striker won’t cut in L1 — neither P’boro or Pompey made playoffs last season and they were the only teams with a player in 20+ goals in the league.

covcity4life

Where’s the obvious opportunity we’ll get promoted? We’re some way off 6th. A genuine question, have we actually been 6th at any point this season at the end of a match day? I don’t seem to recall.

The optimist in me thinks we’re quite similar to Portsmouth last season, who won 20, lost 20. If we bring in the right kind of players in the summer, I believe we’ll be a playoff team at minimum, if not a pushing automatics.

Generally, I agree with Robins that we’re close to being a very good team and we just need that one game changer — like McNulty was last season. Overall, my assessment is that we have a solid team and foundation going forward. Are we Championship quality? No. Are we ready for the Championship. No. Far too many of our players have plenty of developing to do and we don’t have the quality experienced players to achieve those goals.

Frankly, between 10th and 8th would be a very good season for us. Look at the improvement in Portsmouth and Donny after their promotion from L2.
Thr opportunity is being 8th with a run of playing teams in relegation zone

Noone is saying we must get promoted. But we can and should be closer to top 6 than we are pts wise

Brighton Sky Blue

Our problem isn’t just our strikers, we have about 3 strikers who are scoring 1 in 4. The strikers have 22 goals between them, which isn’t bad. We just don’t have any goals elsewhere in the team. Thomas is a fantastic player, but he’s another one who’s missed his fair share of chances, he should be pretty close to 10 goals. Take him out of the side, Bayliss has 2 goals, and that’s about it. We need greater contributions from midfielders and defenders from set pieces. It’s no coincidence that in our 5 game win streak we scored from a set piece in 3 or 4 of those games.

It’s all good and we’ll pinning the blame on strikers, but, even the best strikers score in about 1 in 3 games (that’s actual goals scored in games), which was roughly McNulty’s tally. With that in mind, you a need other reliable sources of goals. I think Robins suggested a team needed ‘3 and a half’ goal scorers in a team. One super striker won’t cut in L1 — neither P’boro or Pompey made playoffs last season and they were the only teams with a player in 20+ goals in the league.

I take your point but it's missing gilt-edged sitters that is the primary reason behind us dropping points against very poor opposition. The midfield is doing its job in creating chances but must despair when Chaplin goes through 1 on 1 as he never puts them away.

Londonccfcfan

Ridiculous some argueing on here that we arnt ready for promotion yet and it would be too soon.

What a load of bollocks that is.

You go up. Take the promotion when it comes. Hope to stay up finish 4th from bottom. Take the e the revenue of consolidated payment which is 6million ish per team. Get crowds of close to 20k match. Huge away followings.

It's called progression. Would not be backwards step. For a club that has the capacity and gearing for championship football.

If Burton and Rotherham etc can stay up then no reason why we couldn't if we were good enough to go up.

No guarantee of anything next season.

Otis

I would argue though that we are NOT one of the better teams in this league because of all the errors and decision making (both from the touchline and on the pitch).

clint van damme

Ridiculous some argueing on here that we arnt ready for promotion yet and it would be too soon.

What a load of bollocks that is.

You go up. Take the promotion when it comes. Hope to stay up finish 4th from bottom. Take the e the revenue of consolidated payment which is 6million ish per team. Get crowds of close to 20k match. Huge away followings.

It's called progression. Would not be backwards step. For a club that has the capacity and gearing for championship football.

If Burton and Rotherham etc can stay up then no reason why we couldn't if we were good enough to go up.

No guarantee of anything next season.

totally agree, though I thinks it's academic as we'll fall short this season.

Gint11

Considering we are a newly promoted team it's been a decent enough season so far.

I can't understand the people who seem to be demanding promotion this year, and who label Robins/the players shit every time we don't win a game.

I keep saying this too. Can’t get my head around any expectation for promotion this year at any stage. But apparently it was on the cards because we are CCFC and have signed 9 new players! And that makes me deluded! Ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread